• Delph
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Weimann
    • Holman (on for Stephens 67)
    • N'Zogbia (On for Weimann 71)
    • Burke (on for Herd 76)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:ede53fc2a9][mrow][mcol color=#8c333c:ede53fc2a9]Aston Villa[mcol]3-0[mcol color=white:ede53fc2a9]Tranmere

[row][col color=#8c333c:ede53fc2a9]Delph 38'[col][col color=white:ede53fc2a9]

[row][col color=#8c333c:ede53fc2a9]Herd 66'[col][col color=white:ede53fc2a9]

[row][col color=#8c333c:ede53fc2a9]Bent 81'[col][col color=white:ede53fc2a9]

[/table]

Had to rely on Mat Kendrick's updates via Twitter - but sounded like we were in control from start to finish - which is nice to hear/read. From what I gather Ireland was as influential as anyone else - and we had goals disallowed, hit the bar etc and banged in 3 goals. Ireland appeared to link up well numerous times with Bent which is key. I don't know why Ireland didn't start on Saturday but he must start against Newcastle - he's the only one who has the brain to provide for Bent.

Sure it was against lower opposition tonight but this game was key for building confidence, which I'm hoping it does especially for players like Bent. A clean sheet is a positive too. Lets hope we bring some new blood in the next couple of days and and can get some spirit and belief back into our squad.

Baker - Pretty much won everything in the air. Very solid.

Ireland - He was everywhere, was back helping defend and playing some nice passes and was unlucky to have his goal disallowed.

Delph - Made some very good tackles, passed the ball well and looked comfortable on the ball. Went to left back towards the end.

All three players had a VERY good game.

Woohoo a win! I hope this is a bit of a confidence booster. By all accounts we played well, which for a team that have performed so negatively for so long, is brilliant.

Upon reflection, when was the last time we can say that our team genuinely performed well? Scary.

just got back, quick points

15k attendance was poor, even at £12 a ticket the north stand was empty, i was in k7 of the holte and had about 300 seats all to meself, but even if we dropped it to £5 in we wouldnt get much more

we desperatly lack an outlet on the wings, we play to narrow, we had 5 midfielder all within the center circle 4 foot away from each other, bannan was the deepest of the lot but he did a good job spraying the ball about

N`Zogbia - absolutely useless. if the ball was made out of lead he would still over hit it

Bent & weimann cannot play together, and ireland spends most of the game looking pissed off with the pair of them cus he isnt where he expected them to be.

lot of them get a 6/10, MOTM Ireland for putting himself about abit.

Good win. Should help confidence. When was the last time we beat a team by three goals or more? I can't even remember.

February 2011, beat Blackburn 4-1 in the league. It was the only time Pires played well for us if I recall.

We would have got 20k if we had won on Saturday - fact. I for one would have gone but genuinely couldn't face the possibility of more dross in addition to the weekend.

Luckily, we were not, despite not being there I am happy. Good stuff Villa. When is the draw for the next round?

Decent game, played some decent possession football but the back four occasionally put us under pressure.

Ireland was stand out for me, was tidy, played some good passes and even got stuck in with some decent challenges.

Nice to see Bent get the goal he needed.

Became very comfortable second half.

Ireland dictated the tempo, good to see Bent get a goal and I found it funny that N'Zogbia still managed to be useless even in the brief time he came on and against League 1 opposition.

Would have expected over 20k but hopefully people are saving their money for the league games.

Guzman - 6

Stevens - 6 was decent going forward but kept drifting outt of position to often

Baker - 7 solid

Lawton - 6 played centre back, shakey at times

Licaj - 6 good forward runs

Bannan - 8 really think he has the potential to be a good player. He ran the show tonight

Herd - 6 scored and works really hard but headless chicken comes to mind. No real quality in anything he does

Ireland - 8 lovely touches all night and a nice assist at the end

Delphi- 7 worked hard, solid performance

Weizmann - 5 barely touched the ball, very poor showing

Bent - 6 had a nightmare game to be honest, kept falling over and giving the ball away but took his goal fantastically

Nzogbia - 3 don't think I've seen a worse 15 min cameo, get rid

Anyone know why tranmere fans kt booing there number 14 left back? Also they had a fat,bald phil Mitchell lookalike up front but was actually a decent player! Lovely touches and fast feet for a fat bloke

Comfortable win in truth. Impressed with Weimann and Ireland for the most part, good finish from Bent for the goal. Keen to see Holman and Ireland playing together at the weekend.

Sorry but fail to see how Weimann could have impressed you??

Comfortable win in truth. Impressed with Weimann and Ireland for the most part, good finish from Bent for the goal. Keen to see Holman and Ireland playing together at the weekend.

Sorry but fail to see how Weimann could have impressed you??

this. weimann was poor tonight, cant fault his work rate though and when he had his chance to do something for the team he could have cut it back across goal for bent or ireland to have a tap in, instead tried to put it in a 12 inch gap between the keeper and 2 rovers defenders. was never gonna score from that angle

Good win. Should help confidence. When was the last time we beat a team by three goals or more? I can't even remember.

February 2011, beat Blackburn 4-1 in the league. It was the only time Pires played well for us if I recall.

completely OT but Pires had two good games for us, both of them were against Blackburn though, I see how you were confused :mrgreen:

Â