Richard Dunne

Zatman

Listen I'd love to believe it was a genuine injury and everything was rosy.

Again...if that's the case, why didn't he bring it up? See Trent's posts.

He states himself lambert had experience available to him

The same experience that did poorly last season?

blatantly obvious dunne was never in lamberts plans.

I'm not saying you're wrong here, but it's not "blatantly" obvious. If he was genuinely injured (see the first part of my post, as well as Trent's) then there's no way of saying for sure if he was in Lambert's plans.

We played well at the end of the season but without benteke we'd have been down, imagine a season without him with this youth policy

1. You seem to be assuming that had Dunne come in, he would have fixed our defence. That is far from certain. Dunne, like the rest of the team, played poorly under McL and to a certain degree Houllier. You might then point to McLeish's superior defensive record, but again consider the context - Lambert plays a far more expansive game than McLeish does, which inevitably leads to a greater risk of conceding goals. You don't know for a fact that Dunne would have improved our defence.

2. Without our youth policy, we wouldn't have gotten Benteke for a relative pittance, neither would we have gotten Lowton and Westwood etc. If you want to credit Benteke for our recent improvement you should credit the policy that allowed us to buy him for that sort of money. Do you think an experienced Defoe, for example, as good a player as he is, would have done half as well as Benteke?

Richard Dunne insists he will not retire from football despite being released by Aston Villa.

Dunne has not played competitively since Republic of Ireland's ill-fated Euro 2012 campaign because of a series of hip and groin injuries, but is set to feature in Dublin against Georgia on Sunday.

The 33-year-old's contract expires this summer and he has been informed that he is surplus to requirements at Villa Park, but he is adamant he will find another club.

"I have no axe to grind with Villa," Dunne told reporters. "They treated me well, spent a lot of money on my medical needs and made their decision once my contract was up.

"It was on the cards. Nothing surprised me about that. Paul wished me well. He's a fair man. 

"I am not worried and won't take any old offer that comes my way. I can pick and choose and see what is best for me. I won't rush into anything."

Dunne admits the length of his lay-off proved hard to deal with mentally, but insists it has made him all the more determined to make the most of his recovery.

"The entire year was very hard, really frustrating," he added. "I kept being told I would be back playing in six weeks. Three times I was told that. 

"If someone had told me at the start of the season that I would be out for nine months, I could have handled that. 

"But it was setback after setback and I was gearing myself up for big matches and then breaking down with a recurrence of the injury. 

"I was annoyed about not making those games and felt like a failure."

Here

There you go, from the man himself. This theory is utter rubbish, total and utter nonsense so can we move on now?

• Like 3

Spot on. The "injury" was a bloody sham

You hear it in Tesco's?

Give it a rest.

You cant blame him. You can't be spouting off nonsense then expect people not to say anything.

I think if Lambert wasnt banking on Dunne been fit he wouldnt have mentioned him various times through the season in interviews e.g. the summer tour, january window. When Ireland, Hutton and Warnock were blanked he never mentioned them

So he's out all season then fit as soon as the season is over.

Way too much of a coincidence.

52 weeks injured

Week 53 fit

Yeah right

technically he was injured a lot longer than that, was under McLeish he got injured and made it back for last 2 games so he looked fit for the Euros

So he's out all season then fit as soon as the season is over.

Way too much of a coincidence.

52 weeks injured

Week 53 fit

Yeah right

Except the season finished two weeks ago and he's actually yet to play football. Perhaps he could have potentially taken some part in the last few games but by that time what was the point?

Basically, you're making it up as you go along to fit some weird agenda.

• Like 2

Think you'd find dunne was mentioned because the question was asked rather than the other way round. It was also in the club and dunnes interest to keep quiet. Dunne has no need to play 40 plus games in a season at his age when he can pick up his salary for playing none. Lambert didn't want or need him, you keep quiet we keep quiet etc. it suited all parties except it didn't help our shocking defence.

The policy is great until we find we've bought some "gems" that don't quite work out and then we are really struggling. As ok as Westwood and Lowton are, without benteke last year we'd have been down. If benteke goes and lambert doesn't pull off another miracle we are in for a long old slog. A team of lowtons, Westwoods etc will only bring us so far, without another miracle we may struggle

Think you'd find dunne was mentioned because the question was asked rather than the other way round. It was also in the club and dunnes interest to keep quiet. Dunne has no need to play 40 plus games in a season at his age when he can pick up his salary for playing none. Lambert didn't want or need him, you keep quiet we keep quiet etc. it suited all parties except it didn't help our shocking defence.

The policy is great until we find we've bought some "gems" that don't quite work out and then we are really struggling. As ok as Westwood and Lowton are, without benteke last year we'd have been down. If benteke goes and lambert doesn't pull off another miracle we are in for a long old slog. A team of lowtons, Westwoods etc will only bring us so far, without another miracle we may struggle

But we did have benteke it's as simple as that. The real story about dunne is above for you to read. The rest you are making up yourself and it's utter drivel

I ask you again. How was winning against QPR, Reading, Norwich, Sunderland and Stoke, a 'miracle'? Benteke won us what, 2 of those games? In that run-in, Gabby was just as important as Benteke anyway. Not taking anything away from his hat trick either, but apart from his 2nd, it was't Benteke's brilliance that got him the goals.

Funny how Lowton did 'ok' but he was MOTM against Sunderland and won us the game against Stoke.

I know this has nothing to do with your Dunne point (which is up there for conspiracy theories) but I'd just like to knock it on the head that it was a 'miracle' and 'lucky' that we stayed up. And that it was all Benteke that we stayed up. We deserved to stay up in the end. Absolutely nothing lucky about it.

• Like 1

As another poster wrote...each player has an effect on an other, so it's not always easy to apportion glory

It's a team and a team game

One man bands, don't offer much of a threat, generally , over the course of a season.

Just came on in the 65th minute against a 10 man Georgia team, I can confirm it looks like he has in fact been able to play football for the last 6 months. 

Clearly there's a conspiracy involving himself and Lambert  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Â