Richard Dunne

Zatman

Dunne was one of the ringleaders with Collins and Warnock . Here he is running his mouth off again after miraculously becoming fit after a year off.

Good riddance.

Dunne was one of the ringleaders with Collins and Warnock . Here he is running his mouth off again after miraculously becoming fit after a year off.

Good riddance.

That's great. Would be even better if we had top class replacement but we haven't. Every player we seem to sign these days are cheap and average. Vlaar proves that.

Not sure he had a point. We relied on experience the season before and this season the kids did better and have set us up for a better future.

It's still sour grapes

This every day of the week.

He tried to be professional about it but you could sense the bitterness. He had literally no point, he mentioned Warnock yet forgets his poor form for 2 years and the woeful performance at Forest in pre-season which was the end of his Villa career, he was given a chance by Lambert. He mentions Given, seemingly forgetting he started the season in the team but got dropped after a shite performance against Everton. 

I heard the interview and just found myself annoyed by it as I have been by Dunne's presence at the club since the day we signed him, he was good for 6 months though.

Delighted to see the back of him and that for once it isn't while he is lying on his face having dived in and made another rickets.

Good riddance.

That's great. Would be even better if we had top class replacement but we haven't. Every player we seem to sign these days are cheap and average. Vlaar proves that.

Yeah you are right, Benteke, Lowton, Westwood are really average.

Benteke's a fine player. The other two are average. May I remind you we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season. That's because we've got a team full of (mainly) average players. The table doesn't lie.

Richard Dunne has wasted no time putting his Midlands house up for sale. Seemingly not staying around the area post #AVFC

The sale of his house was agreed weeks ago.

I think Dunne could have done a job for us last season towards the end when he was fit. There seems to be a lot of vitriol around him and Collins etc but they were far better than what we had playing in defence last season, which to my mind was the worst defensive unit I have ever seen down Villa Park.

I'm sure Lambert will strengthen this summer so fingers crossed we don't ship as many goals like that again. 

Not sure he had a point. We relied on experience the season before and this season the kids did better and have set us up for a better future.

It's still sour grapes

This every day of the week.

He tried to be professional about it but you could sense the bitterness. He had literally no point, he mentioned Warnock yet forgets his poor form for 2 years and the woeful performance at Forest in pre-season which was the end of his Villa career, he was given a chance by Lambert. He mentions Given, seemingly forgetting he started the season in the team but got dropped after a shite performance against Everton. 

I heard the interview and just found myself annoyed by it as I have been by Dunne's presence at the club since the day we signed him, he was good for 6 months though.

Delighted to see the back of him and that for once it isn't while he is lying on his face having dived in and made another rickets.

Good riddance.

Yeah you are right, Benteke, Lowton, Westwood are really average.

Benteke's a fine player. The other two are average. May I remind you we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season. That's because we've got a team full of (mainly) average players. The table doesn't lie.

I don't need reminding thanks and no the table doesn't lie, I'm glad we agree on that because if you care to take another look at it you will see we finished the season 5 points off relegation and 5 points of 9th place.

So the table doesn't lie but you are only telling half the story.

Your point was "every player we seem to sign these days are cheap and average" yet straight away you agree Benteke isn't either of those things. As for Westwood and Lowton granted both were cheap but neither are average and both are better than the players they replaced who cost a lot more. So perhaps signing expensive players isn't really all that good after all.

What you really mean is we don't sign exciting players, players with big names for big fee's if you said that I'd agree with you only I guess we wouldn't agree on our opinion about the merits of that.

As for the make up our team, that is entirely different point to the one you originally made about the players we are signing.

• Like 1

Richard Dunne has wasted no time putting his Midlands house up for sale. Seemingly not staying around the area post #AVFC

The sale of his house was agreed weeks ago.

I think Dunne could have done a job for us last season towards the end when he was fit. There seems to be a lot of vitriol around him and Collins etc but they were far better than what we had playing in defence last season, which to my mind was the worst defensive unit I have ever seen down Villa Park.

I'm sure Lambert will strengthen this summer so fingers crossed we don't ship as many goals like that again. 

Perhaps, perhaps not we will never know or know how fit he was my guess would be not very, certainly not match fit.

It would have been desperate of Lambert to throw him in and how committed would Dunne have really been? Again we will never know.

Lambert has stuck to his guns all season, stuck with the young players and while we've had a few horror games and a looked doomed at one time ultimately his decisions worked.

I commend him for that and would rather look to the future and our younger players who will be around beyond July 1st potentially improving than look to the past and a player like Dunne.

Perhaps I'd feel different if we had gone down who knows but we didn't so I will wave Dunne goodbye my main thought being, I wish his contract had been 12 months shorter.

• Like 1

Think people are being very niaeve here. Dunne was obviously fit for the majority of the season but was told he wasn't required by lambert. All the people annoyed at him now being fit us not his fault, he would have played for us given a chance.

His points about experience are valid, while we did well with the youth we had eventually ill let you think about one thing.

Imagine if we hadn't had benteke this season?

Dunne is 33.. 34 in September.

He talks about experience but he has hardly 27/28.. almost past it for me imo, probably has 1-2 years max left in him.

I do agree that there is a sense of bitterness in his comments, which makes it all the sweeter because these players have had it too easy at the club and at times were starting even when they were really poor.

Glad we don't have to rely on him anymore and hopefully we get another CB in.

Bye Dunne thanks for everything

Wait a sec.. in the interview he talks about Warnock.. erm why? he was a terrible signing for us.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Think people are being very niaeve here. Dunne was obviously fit for the majority of the season but was told he wasn't required by lambert. All the people annoyed at him now being fit us not his fault, he would have played for us given a chance.

His points about experience are valid, while we did well with the youth we had eventually ill let you think about one thing.

He wasn't fit for the majority of the season, if he were he'd have been in Ireland squads as he is Trap's first name on the team sheet and captain.  

Have you watched the interview? I'm going to guess not seeing as Dunne talks about his frustration with his injury. Why would Dunne stay silent all season about it? Why would he not say something now he is being released?

It would be in his interest to do so especially if he wants to find another club.

Sorry I think this is a bit of a daft theory.

Fair enough, there was an injury but it hasn't taken until now to be put right, he would have been fit much sooner. His comments make clear he would have been available had he been wanted, remember he should have been in the squad not long ago and then strangely vanished again

Believe what you will but he was never going back into our team and has had to wait until now to resume both his international and domestic career

It worked for villa this year, can we get lucky again?

Fair enough, there was an injury but it hasn't taken until now to be put right, he would have been fit much sooner. His comments make clear he would have been available had he been wanted, remember he should have been in the squad not long ago and then strangely vanished again

Believe what you will but he was never going back into our team and has had to wait until now to resume both his international and domestic career

It worked for villa this year, can we get lucky again?

Nope not buying it as I said it makes no sense for him to go along with it and the interview is talking about the availability of others not himself.

You are clutching at straws.

Listen I'd love to believe it was a genuine injury and everything was rosy. However you'd be mad to think he either made his injury up as some seem to suggest or was genuinely injured for the whole season and only now fit. He states himself lambert had experience available to him

I'm not clutching at straws as there is nothing to gain from it but its blatantly obvious dunne was never in lamberts plans.

We played well at the end of the season but without benteke we'd have been down, imagine a season without him with this youth policy

If Dunne was fit enough to play but surplus to requirements all season why wasn't he sold on/shipped out in January like Mssrs Warnock and Hutton (albeit on loan)?? Bearing in mind we were desperate to reduce the wage bill and his £50k a week would have been great to spend on other players.

He's crocked and past it and now desperately trying to find a new club but who'd pay him following a year out??

He wasn't fit enough to contribute all season and yes, Lambert backed the youth, which isn't too hard considering the ages of the majority of players at the club.

Sour grapes if you ask me.

Edited by theboyangel

Listen I'd love to believe it was a genuine injury and everything was rosy. However you'd be mad to think he either made his injury up as some seem to suggest or was genuinely injured for the whole season and only now fit. He states himself lambert had experience available to him

I'm not clutching at straws as there is nothing to gain from it but its blatantly obvious dunne was never in lamberts plans.

We played well at the end of the season but without benteke we'd have been down, imagine a season without him with this youth policy

Sorry but you are talking absolute nonsense.

As for imaginary scenarios that might have happened if we hadn't had x or y player, seriously what is the point.

Â