Richard Dunne

Zatman

When you think about it we have made nothing on the Milner sale.

This was possibly Lerner/Faulkner's worst financial blunder involving Villa.
I think that there may have been larger ones prior to that.

The problem is that they are too honourable. Ireland was included in the deal because the incumbent manager wanted him. The manager departed, and Milner played a stormer in the opening game of the season. At that point the telephone should have been picked up and Man City informed that it was straight cash or no deal.

It wasn't, and we signed the car crash that Stephen Ireland was always going to be.

I suspect that the club are negotiating to pay out his contract and he will be gone in the summer.

Edited by thetrees

The only thing we will miss is his leadership other than that he is an overweight lardarse and we need better quality now

At least a large amount off The wage bill to get someone else in

Apparently he was part of the "poison in the dressing room" along with a few others - a rumour that is backed up by his drunken rant with Collins at a day off under Houllier.

Couple that with his recent injuries and it's a no brainer to let him go.

Poor decision making, slow, clumsy, no leadership - I don't think he cares about this club one but since he signed, his first six months was more of himself trying to prove that city was wrong to let him go hence his early performance were better. Since then he cared about staying fit for the World Cup more than trying to save us from going down. If only I can meet him in person...

Im actually sad to see him go. This will have a terrible effect on next seasons transfer kitty. The only reason we have Benteke now is that Randy knew he could offset the fee against   Dunne's spend at the players bar.

• Like 1

Well rid of him - oafish sack of shit for the most part and a manifestation of just about everything wrong with the club for the past 2 years. Good riddance.

The problem is that they are too honourable. Ireland was included in the deal because the incumbent manager wanted him. The manager departed, and Milner played a stormer in the opening game of the season. At that point the telephone should have been picked up and Man City informed that it was straight cash or no deal.

It wasn't, and we signed the car crash that Stephen Ireland was always going to be.

I suspect that the club are negotiating to pay out his contract and he will be gone in the summer.

1) Mon wanted McGeady in the end iirc not Ireland

2) Official line was that we couldn't legally back out of the deal, that in itself screams incompetence, though I've always suspected even that was a cover story.

Glad he is finally out of the club as it will end the debate whether he should play again.

But he was good for us in his first season then a car crash under Houllier.  He came back and helped us limp over the line under McDonut.  Without him I do not think we would have made it.

Let him go and move on.  Just watch Sunderland to see how things were under ONeil as I expect them to be a bit more open than VIlla :)

Â