Richard Dunne

Zatman

calm down guys, we all support the same team here.

Umm...are you new to the site? :winkold:

no and i think its ridiculous that we all take to this forum to disagree about absolutly everything we can think of. how about supporting the team? because at this rate we are going to be close to relegation.

and if that happened you guys would love it wouldnt you, have a field day arguing about it. 10 games left and all the teams except bolton are higher in the table, on better form. in those games we have to play chelsea, arsenal, spurs, sunderland, liverpool, united, norwich and stoke.

its time to pull together for the sake of the club

Not sure what has happened here but my response to CI's statement was an emphatic No, Dunne's absence isn't a blessing in disguise. At no stage have I posted the above comments as I can honestly state that I am in total disagreement with just about every comment CI posts.

In the nicest possible way, The feeling is completely mutual

Not that I read much of your rambling bollox

6000 posts in less than a year and you accuse me of rambling bollox.....the saying people in glass houses springs to mind.

At least I'm consistent in my opinions rather than your inane drivel.

• 1 month later...

The defense looked so much more organized without him. When Cuellar and Collins were our pairing, we looked pretty strong defensively and Cuellar distributed the ball so much better out of the back. We should look to sell.

The first couple of games after Dunne's injury the defense looked a lot better. We weren't conceding from corners or free kicks and the defense ultimately looked stronger. A lot of people had been saying it was Collins that was making Dunne look bad but opinions quickly switched when Dunne went off injured and Collins suddenly started playing better. The defense went back to looking shaky when Baker came in which was understandable considering his lack of experience.

The first couple of games after Dunne's injury the defense looked a lot better. We weren't conceding from corners or free kicks and the defense ultimately looked stronger. A lot of people had been saying it was Collins that was making Dunne look bad but opinions quickly switched when Dunne went off injured and Collins suddenly started playing better. The defense went back to looking shaky when Baker came in which was understandable considering his lack of experience.

though the fact Wigan and Blackburn hardly attacked did help. We leaked 11 goals vs Arsenal, Chelsea and United and conceded a lot of soft goals in between like vs Stoke

I think blaming Dunne for our defensive problems is pretty hard to prove or disprove either way.

He definitely has more skill on the ball than any other defender we have and tries to link defence and midfield without hoofing it. He blocks and tackles well.

But he also is prone to lapses of concentration own goals and totally losing people on set pieces, but no worse than any other defender.

Right now we need drive, motivation and experience and he brings that and without Collins we have little choice.

Lichaj should be at Right Back, Baker at left back with Carlos & Clark at Centre half.Hutton placed on the moon in a space station.

Baker isn't a left back. That was shown last year when he had a couple of awful games there.

Dunne a Curse? Thats a bit strong in my opinion. I just think that Dunne and collins have not performed well with each other since MON left. Its the managers choice who he plays at centre back. I think that both Dunne and Collins are top ten defenders, just not together.

Dunne is back for last 2 games of season

Terrible news, personally i'd be delighted to never see him in our colours again.

He is a walking liability and I would rather he stayed out of the team rather than be brought back so he can up his fitness for the Euro's.

Â