Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Agree with most of the stuff that's been said the past couple of pages.

According to WhoScored.com we were playing a 3-4-2-1 with both Gabby and Zog floating behind and supporting Benteke who was playing as the lone striker.

Also noticed N'Zogbia getting back and helping out in defense at times, which was good to see.

Hopefully he will do a 'Downing' and come good and stay good 18 months after signing!

MOTM yesterday, really good performance. Was also very impressed with him in the LC quarter final at Norwich, changed the game that night. Could give Bradford a real runaround on tuesday if fit.

Bradford will be playing Park Le Bus. N'Zogbia won't have so much space to run into as he did against West Brom.

It will be a completely different test for him.

Against Bradford, we will have their goal under siege for 90 minutes. We need good crossing, and players who can get on the end of them - players good in the air.

I'd start Bowery and Benteke, with Bannan and N'Zogbia on wings to give them service.

N'Zogbia looked fairly dangerous against Bradford last time out and was just coming back from injury, so I really fancy him to have a big one again on Tuesday. He can really cause havoc dribbling at their defenders and it will only help take pressure off the likes of our strikers as well.

N'Zogbia looked fairly dangerous against Bradford last time out and was just coming back from injury, so I really fancy him to have a big one again on Tuesday. He can really cause havoc dribbling at their defenders and it will only help take pressure off the likes of our strikers as well.

Bradford will be defending much deeper this time, he won't have much room to dribble.

Bradford will be defending much deeper this time, he won't have much room to dribble.

I think it will be key to keep the ball on the floor for this, last time out in the second half we were playing long ball after long ball and it took us nowhere. I agree that there won't be as much room for him, but on his day he can be very tricky and I would still expect him to be able to trouble a group of lower league defenders, key word being expect. We shall see...

I think it will be key to keep the ball on the floor for this, last time out in the second half we were playing long ball after long ball and it took us nowhere. I agree that there won't be as much room for him, but on his day he can be very tricky and I would still expect him to be able to trouble a group of lower league defenders, key word being expect. We shall see...

Against Southampton N'Zogbia's crossing was poor and his corners didn't get passed the first man.

If he plays it will be a different test.

Against West Brom he had a lot of space - in the first half - to run, dribble and pass short. He didn't have to knock accurate crosses into the box.

Different game. Different set of skills required. Does N'Zog have them?

I would play him because you would expect him to be full of confidence, and you want confident players on your pitch. But I'm not expecting the kind of performance of the West Brom game.

The Bradford game will be a siege. They are aiming for 2-0 Villa and win on penalties.

The thing is, we don't want N'Zogbia crossing. That is not and has never been his game. That's a large part of why his first year or so with us went so poorly, because he was stuck on the wing and expected to put crosses in. Anytime he has ever been in fine form, like at Wigan, it is playing in a free central role behind the strikers. What we need him to be doing on Tuesday is making key passes in the final third just like those that set up Gabby and Benteke against Albion, and if the opportunity presents itself, take some shots on goal.

The thing is, we don't want N'Zogbia crossing. That is not and has never been his game. That's a large part of why his first year or so with us went so poorly, because he was stuck on the wing and expected to put crosses in. Anytime he has ever been in fine form, like at Wigan, it is playing in a free central role behind the strikers. What we need him to be doing on Tuesday is making key passes in the final third just like those that set up Gabby and Benteke against Albion, and if the opportunity presents itself, take some shots on goal.

Bradford are practising 10 man behind the ball defending (and penalties). They probably won't have a shot on the Villa goal in the entire match.

N'Zog won't get an opportunity to get in behind. They'll be doubling up and asking him to cross.

So put him behind Bowery and Benteke instead? We'll need good shooters. A long range shot, deflected shot, could be a way through them.

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark
home.png
Lichaj

home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph
home.png
Bannan

home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Bowery
home.png
Benteke
Edited by Con

If they did they'd be foolish as we would win AET on away goals. The only it can go to penalties is 3-1 AET.

How do you think Bradford will play? With respect to N'Zog...

Edited by Con

How do you think Bradford will play? With respect to N'Zog...

Hopefully they will park the bus and we will get a few early goals and they will fall apart and we will run away with it. N'Zog would come into his own in the later part of my desired prediction.

Bradford will have a 5 minute window at the start of the game to score as that is when we are at our weakest. If they don't score then I have a feeling we'll win comfortably. I'd even go so far as to predict a 4-0 scoreline.

He can really cause havoc dribbling at their defenders and it will only help take pressure off the likes of our strikers as well.

He caused havoc dribbling past their defenders last time, the problem was (as us so often the case) that he dribbles for too long and instead of making a decisive pass he runs into a wall of players

THIS

He caused havoc dribbling past their defenders last time, the problem was (as us so often the case) that he dribbles for too long and instead of making a decisive pass he runs into a wall of players

I still think this is down to confidence, when he was at Wigan he was always trying to leather in a wonder goal and they would often come off, for us I see that after a few missed shots he stops taking them. I'd actually prefer it to be that way if it wasn't for the fact that we know he can actually pull off some pretty good long range efforts.

He and Benteke will be key for us on Tuesday, both need to be shooting from outside the box if we can't get into it, could be our way to open them up!

Â