Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

But we have to at least consider these things... I can't not think about it. It plagues my working day.

It's like reading a good book and you just cannot wait to find out the ending. I literally think about nothing else...

Tayls?...................you know that good book you were reading that you can't wait to find out how it all ends?

Well, I've just torn out the last page! :P

:( is that because it ends badly?

Let's just say you won't die wonderin' :)

I think if we could manage to not concede first we might get a result against chelsea .. good thing is we are starting to attack even in winning positions ..

It will be interesting to see just how long into this game that we can last without conceding.

I'll go 10 mins :(

I think if we could manage to not concede first we might get a result against chelsea .. good thing is we are starting to attack even in winning positions ..

It will be interesting to see just how long into this game that we can last without conceding.

Haha, we're all optimistic after a couple of wins. It will be just like Villa to bring us all back to earth with a bump. I'm going for 3 mins before we concede. We all know Frank Lampard will equal and beat the Chelsea scoring record this weekend, it always happens against us. :(

These results that are needed for us to go down:

Chelsea beat Villa.(70% likely)

Wigan beat Arsenal (10% likely)

Sunderland beat Southampton (or Spurs) (55% likely) 

Newcastle beat QPR (or Arsenal) (65% likely)

Norwich beat WBA (or Man City) (50% likely)

Southampton beat/draw Stoke (65% likely) 

Wigan beat Villa (?)

So it's seven games that will decide it. From that lot I think it's a Wigan victory against Arsenal that seams least likely. But they did it last year, so let's not rule that out just yet.

I still fear having to play a cup final against Wigan on the last day of the season. If they beat Arsenal and we lose against Chelsea, they will see that game as a massive get out of jail card. We will be terrified of losing. Not a good situation at all. 

But we have to at least consider these things... I can't not think about it. It plagues my working day.

It's like reading a good book and you just cannot wait to find out the ending. I literally think about nothing else...

Tayls?...................you know that good book you were reading that you can't wait to find out how it all ends?

Why not? Was it poorly written?

Wigan beat Villa (?)

So it's seven games that will decide it. From that lot I think it's a Wigan victory against Arsenal that seams least likely. But they did it last year, so let's not rule that out just yet.

I still fear having to play a cup final against Wigan on the last day of the season. If they beat Arsenal and we lose against Chelsea, they will see that game as a massive get out of jail card. We will be terrified of losing. Not a good situation at all. 

This is the lingering nightmare that everybody has subconsciously switched off from since the Wigan Swansea result. I'm happy to live in tip toe denial for now & hope & pray that we are not all groaning "Oh no! Not this shit again" come 9.45pm tuesday night.

Why not? Was it poorly written?

Stop fishing for clues! My lips are sealed! ;)

If we could manage to not concede in the first 5 to 10 .. I think we could make it .. and who knows .. might be our first clean sheet .. lol

Wigan beat Villa (?)

This is the lingering nightmare that everybody has subconsciously switched off from since the Wigan Swansea result. I'm happy to live in tip toe denial for now & hope & pray that we are not all groaning "Oh no! Not this shit again" come 9.45pm tuesday night.

Add those percentages together. I mean I don't agree with half of them, but if you think about it logically...

We're not going down. Or at least we better not seeing as I got pissed on Tuesday and suffered Wednesday in celebration. 

We've been brilliant under pressure since the start of 2013 with high pressure wins against QPR, Reading, Sunderland and Norwich. What makes people think we'll roll over against Wigan if we need a result?

We're a better team than them, in better form with better players.

Add to that their ridiculous fixture list and about 5 defensive injuries and people are panicking for absolutely no reason. Enjoy life a bit!

• Like 1

We've been brilliant under pressure since the start of 2013 with high pressure wins against QPR, Reading, Sunderland and Norwich. What makes people think we'll roll over against Wigan if we need a result?

We're a better team than them, in better form with better players.

Add to that their ridiculous fixture list and about 5 defensive injuries and people are panicking for absolutely no reason. Enjoy life a bit!

And Stoke !

I'd be confident of getting something there if we need to but obviously would prefer to go knowing we're safe