• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Fair play to Wigan yesterday but they still have it all to do IMO -

Tuesday 7th - Swansea at home

Saturday 11th - Man Citeh FA Cup Final

Tuesday 14th - Arsenal away

Sunday 19th - Villa at home

4 games in 12 days, with players beginning to tire and pick up injuries - Figueroa already out for the season and think Beausejor got injured yesterday too.

Newcastle have to beat to QPR to remain safe as I can't see them getting anything out of the last game at home to Arsenal.

Norwich also in the crap, will the Baggies try and sabotage our season again next week??? Norwich travel to Citeh on the last day - a win is highly unlikely.

We've reached the magic '40' points, more than some people predicted. I half expect us to get something from the Chelsea match, with it being our last home game and with them playing us in between Spurs and the Europa League final. I think we're safe but will be nervously checking the results on Tuesday to make sure!

The Southampton v Stoke game last day could be a result were sweating on

Everyone seems to have a winnable game left.

Wigan - Swansea

Norwich - WBA

Newcastle - QPR

Sunderland - stoke

Saints - stoke

Why do people think Swansea will roll over when they can still technically get relegated too? They certainly shown yesterday against Man City that their season isn't over yet. I also doubt they'd want to finish the season in such bad form.

Edit:- Another point... Swansea will very much want the money from league positions, and one or two places can make a huge difference.

Edited by VillaAlex

Can't stop myself running permutations through the BBC predictor. So many results for other teams that are close calls between now and next Sunday.

On the plus side, I think we need to remember that we only really need ONE of Wigan-Swansea, Norwich-Boggies and QPR-Barcodes to end in a draw or worse for the teams around us and we can go into the final day with the minimum of concern (even though perhaps not being mathematically safe). (Or if Sland only manage two draws or worse this week that would also relieve the pressure on us considerably, but I can't imagine they won't win at least one of their games this week.)

I'm not sure how I could cope with it going to the last day. I could barely eat lunch at the barbie I was at yesterday due to nerves, and thought I might actually be physically sick when Narrrch got the equaliser.

• Like 1

I have it so that going into the last game of the season if we lose to Wigan we will relegate Newcastle IF they lose or draw to Arsenal.

40 points this season is not going to guarantee safety. We require 41 because of our goal difference still.

I tell you what, those boys **** owe Chelsea. That result nearly destroyed us and right or wrong they took the piss.

We'll be up for that one, don't you worry. I half fancy setting The Herd on them for the first ten!

• Like 1

If we get 0 points from next 2 (Quite possible):

Norwich need 1 win to finish above us - They can get there at home to Baggies

Newcastle need 1 win - Capable of beating both QPR and Arsenal though 2 draws would probably put them on a better GD and equal points.

Sunderland need 1 win - Home to Stoke or Southampton

Southampton need 1 win - Home to Stoke

Wigan need 2 wins - Us and Swansea. Though we know they are capable of Arsenal.

Quite a negative slant o it, but like I say, 40/1 is stupid.

1/200 to avoid relegation. All the above is v possible and dont clash with one another.

All of those need to happen, even if just one doesn't we stay up.

This is a completely different side to the one Chelsea hammered 5 months ago. Tactics, personnel, belief, hunger, ability... Everything. We're almost unrecognisable and I'll tell you, Chelsea struggle against the counter. They did under Mourinho and still do now and we've always stood a chance as a result.

I'd even consider starting N'Zogbia over Weimann. Weimann as much as I love him and his endeavour can't unlock in the same way Zog can. He's a better player for now and the future, just perhaps not for this day.

• Like 1

Without a doubt, we were in decline from the end of MON's time in charge, if we didn't change things we were going down, we were imploding.

That decline carried on into the start of this season, where the weight of failure by 'senior players' was placed on the shoulders of young determined pro's.

It has taken a massive uphill climb, but they have started to show why Lambert was right, even through the harsh winter months where the plan seemed to be backfiring, he was right.

And now the mental courage gained from such a battle will be great for these - mentally tough - but young players for the future.

And not only this but there is an obvious team spirit, they fight for each other, they win with each other and that will indeed see some good times ahead.

Now, let's just hope for no freak set of circumstances to send us down, because we've got a good little team here.

• Like 4

Fair play to Wigan yesterday but they still have it all to do IMO -

Tuesday 7th - Swansea at home

Saturday 11th - Man Citeh FA Cup Final

Tuesday 14th - Arsenal away

Sunday 19th - Villa at home

4 games in 12 days, with players beginning to tire and pick up injuries - Figueroa already out for the season and think Beausejor got injured yesterday too.

Newcastle have to beat to QPR to remain safe as I can't see them getting anything out of the last game at home to Arsenal.

Norwich also in the crap, will the Baggies try and sabotage our season again next week??? Norwich travel to Citeh on the last day - a win is highly unlikely.

We've reached the magic '40' points, more than some people predicted. I half expect us to get something from the Chelsea match, with it being our last home game and with them playing us in between Spurs and the Europa League final. I think we're safe but will be nervously checking the results on Tuesday to make sure!

Yes very true, why are we all so worried about Wigan because they fluked a win against West Brom. Even if they beat Swansea they wont get anything at Arsenal and I would back us to at least get a draw at Wigan.

Edited by PaulC

I think we really need to look on Southampton and Sunderland result .. If they managed to go to the last round with less than 40 points then we're mathematically safe !

Unlikely though for Stoke to beat the two of them or draw with Sunderland and win on Southampton ..

If we get 0 points from next 2 (Quite possible):

Norwich need 1 win to finish above us - They can get there at home to Baggies

Newcastle need 1 win - Capable of beating both QPR and Arsenal though 2 draws would probably put them on a better GD and equal points.

Sunderland need 1 win - Home to Stoke or Southampton

Southampton need 1 win - Home to Stoke

Wigan need 2 wins - Us and Swansea. Though we know they are capable of Arsenal.

Quite a negative slant o it, but like I say, 40/1 is stupid.

1/200 to avoid relegation. All the above is v possible and dont clash with one another.

All of those need to happen, even if just one doesn't we stay up.

Problem is, many posters believe the probability of the above to happen would be a miracle! ( Bookies included)

In truth it would actually only be a `minor miracle` for the above to happen so I for one am still extremely nervous.

Also, if the worst comes to the worst some clearing in the woods at William Hills will be collecting his/her p45.

If we stay up or go down I'm very much looking forward to next season.

If we go down into the Championshit I will hate every second of next season. We have had to write off the last 3 seasons & I don't want to write off next seasons already come May 19th.

With the new finance deal looming this would be the worst season ever to be relegated & would set this club back 10 years minimum.

This is why you can't relax currently.

I hate this relegation nightmare because it leaves me constantly on edge & unable to relax & as  earlier posters mentioned feeling physically sick when Stoke & Norwich pegged us back to 1-1 in recent games that we should have been out of sight in.

This is what loving the Villa does to you.

It really is a weird season. I cannot remember another where with 2/3 games left, the final relegation place is between 8 teams!

Based on our last 6 results we are 7th in the form guide ahead of all the other relegation candidates. The Chelsea game is going to be massive and we will hopefully have a sell out crowd. I dread going to Wigan needing even a point!

Come on you Lions we need a least a point against Chelsea!

If we stay up or go down I'm very much looking forward to next season.

If we go down into the Championshit I will hate every second of next season. We have had to write off the last 3 seasons & I don't want to write off next seasons already come May 19th.

With the new finance deal looming this would be the worst season ever to be relegated & would set this club back 10 years minimum.

This is why you can't relax currently.

I hate this relegation nightmare because it leaves me constantly on edge & unable to relax & as earlier posters mentioned feeling physically sick when Stoke & Norwich pegged us back to 1-1 in recent games that we should have been out of sight in.

This is what loving the Villa does to you.

10 years! Utter hyperbole. You talk as if we're a successful club who have suddenly and inexplicably fell off the map. If we came back up within a couple of seasons, which we're likely to do, we'd be pretty much back where we were at the start of this season.