Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

All in all, we don't really know what they will do. Will Martinez rest player for Swansea for example? I doubt that. Looking at their program I guess they will field a strong side for the next three games and then struggle no matter what against Arsenal.

You're misunderstanding me then. I'm not for a second suggesting Martinez will do anything but put out his strongest side against Swansea. My point is that within the heads of the players, they won't want to injure themselves and deny themselves a day in Wembley, so they won't give 100% against Swansea, even if they think they are. And that's human nature.

Yeah I agree with that, but then again maybe Swansea think they are going to stroll it because Wigan are already at Wembley. It's like any other game, if Wigan feel they can get something after 20 minutes then they will continue at full pace. Just playing devil's advocate though, of course I hope they tank it and get max. 1 point from the next two games. Birmingham won the League Cup and were relegated in 2011 :)

We know this benefits us though, since they have three matches in a week. If they get 1 point vs. West Ham and Swansea (which is also likely) we are virtually safe since Arsenal will do their utmost to beat them. The magical thing is that if we beat Norwich we are reaching 90% certainty of staying up (which is a way of saying things, don't want any Excel-dorks doing the real simulation!)  B)

They are playing West Brom by the way.

It's not too far fetched to think that we might be (mathematically) safe by next Tuesday night.

What results would give us that?

If we beat Norwich and Wigan get 1 point (or 0 points) from West Brom on Saturday and Swansea next Tuesday. Please correct me If I'm being an idiot.

Last night was great but we still need to beat Norwich. Chelsea game is gonna be a test and the score could throw our goal difference into the pit again, the best way to go into to it and maybe get something out of it is with a win under our belt at Norwich.

Not being selective at all. Your focusing on parts of the season rather than the whole. At the moment we haven't been better than last season and the current table proves that. But keep trying VillaCas.

Yeah right, last night was no better than the pigswill served up by McLeish shower of shit. Obviously no improvement at all!!!

Westwood, Lowton, Bennett, Benteke and Lambert all outstanding. Still mooning over Berbatov, Adam and Redknapp??

I guess you liking my post in the match thread was a little malfunction with your keyboard then. :)

Edited by Morpheus

As I said on here over the weekend,  we could all be in a position of not caring about the Wigan game,  in fact looking for a Wigan win to relegate the barcodes (or now the mackems)

You've been moaning over the last few weeks stating that we'd be relegated.

• Like 1

As I said on here over the weekend,  we could all be in a position of not caring about the Wigan game,  in fact looking for a Wigan win to relegate the barcodes (or now the mackems)

I think he even went to far as to say it was a foregone conclusion at one point too

I think he even went to far as to say it was a foregone conclusion at one point too

After we lost 8-0 at Chelsea, 4-0 to Spurs & 3-0 to Wigan I think it would be fair to state that the majority of Villa fans thought relegation to be a foregone conclusion so there is no shame there for Richard.

Let's be totally honest here, We all felt it!

I just took a look at our results since day 1 on the Fantasy Premier League-site, and to be quite honest, we should really be happy that we are over the magic line right about now. There's a lot of losses and draws, and centuries between each win.. Yeah yeah I know, we are where we are because we deserve to be, but we really had to find form when we did. Luckily!

What I find mystifying is that give or take a couple these were the same group of players that lost 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0 to Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan all in the space of two weeks and then went on to be knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cup by Bradford and Millwall respectively.  They look like completely different players now.

Based on our late December/January form we were going down there's no doubt about that. Luckily things have picked up since then.

Edited by Mantis

The only time I thought we were truly goners was after the Newcastle game and we didn't sign anyone other than Sylla before the window shut. Since then we've improved week on week. Most seasons we would already be safe.

Look at the team we played against Wigan and Lichaj, Holman, Herd and Ireland all started these are just awful footballers at this level. All these replaced by Vlaar, Gabby, Westwood and Delph.

• Like 1

The only time I thought we were truly goners was after the Newcastle game and we didn't sign anyone other than Sylla before the window shut. Since then we've improved week on week. Most seasons we would already be safe.

Really?

The second half against Newcastle actually gave me the hope that we could perform.

Really?

The second half against Newcastle actually gave me the hope that we could perform.

I suppose it was how you looked at it. It was another home game against a fellow relegation candidate that we lost. It's all very good playing well when 2-0 down but we lost. And we hadn't won in about 8 games after getting knocked out of the cup by a league 2 team.

Fair play to the team and Manager for turning that second half performance into wins, but to me we were miles away at that point.

Which season are we talking about?

• Like 1

Our form since the Newcastle game - W5 D2 L4 goals F22 A18. The 4 defeats came against Arsenal, City, Liverpool and United. Three of those on another day we might have picked up a point.

Form is with us. We've the best chance of all of them IMO.

Look at the team we played against Wigan and Lichaj, Holman, Herd and Ireland all started these are just awful footballers at this level. All these replaced by Vlaar, Gabby, Westwood and Delph.

That's it isn't it we had a lot of injuries, players playing out of position. Even a pub team could have scored against us then. We are a lot more solid now.