Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely,  - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

I can't agree with this. We win tomorrow, which I personally think we will by a couple of goals, then we will be on exactly the same points as both Sunderland and Newcastle having played the same amount of games and in terms of Newcastle with a very similar goal difference. There is no doubt that a win for us tomorrow and we have every chance of finishing above both Sunderland and Newcastle and with Norwich still play them also.

Ergo - its us or Wigan for the final relegation spot ?

Leaving the multiple quotes aside; there is a small chance of us finishing above one of the sides immediately above us. There is an even smaller chance of Wigan finishing above one of the sides immediately above us. The chance of both us AND Wigan finishing above one of the sides immediately above us is very, very small. As QPR and Reading have already filled 2 of the 3 spots, I think it is us or Wigan for for the drop.

It feels like a 2 horse race with Villa leading Wigan by a couple of lengths. Unfortunately, there are still fences to jump. If only it were on the flat!

We may ironically find ourselves not bothered with a Wigan win on the last day as it may send Newcastle down. Struggling to see the barcodes get another point all season after yesterday

Everyone said that about Sunderland and Stoke, then look what happened over the course of 2 games. Newcastle are 3 points ahead of us, with a better GD, they will most likely get 3 points from somewhere to make them safe. The fact is we were too far behind the likes of Stoke, Norwich, S'land and N'castle and it would/will have required a massive collapse for us to finish above any of them. It's between us and Wigan, we just have to do everything we can to not allow it to go down the the final game.

I will become a Baggies fan for one time only next weekend.

If we win tomorrow, we will be even with Newcastle with the same games played and they will only have a 2 or 3 goal lead in GD. We have a much better run in than the barcodes.

The bolded part is funny because we are exactly the same point total behind the teams you listed as we are ahead of Wigan. So is it going to take a "massive" collapse by us to get relegated, or are you talking nonsense?

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely, - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

But you are happy to think we will lose them all. Logic.
Where did you get that from ?

For the record I think we will finish on 38 points

To be honest i dont really understand your post smetrov

What don't you understand.? (seriously)

I don't think any team above us will loose all there remaining games ?

As a qualifier - I said I doubted any team below us would loose all there remaining games ?

Ergo - its us or Wigan for the final relegation spot ?

Get you now. I think Norwich are in bother to be honest. They have to play us and man city in last 3 games. Cant they get 3 points from west brom? Also newcastle are in bother. 3 london teams in last 3 games, who they historically dont do well against and 2 are away from home. Just hope westham ex newcastle players dont throw it. I doubt they like pardew which might make they try

Newcastles signings looked decent initially but they have rapidly tailed off.

Funny that, perhaps managers know more than fans. As most fans would have been creaming themselves if Lerner had sanctioned Lambert so spunk money like QPR and Newcastle; would have suddenly been a good owner again.

Doesn't guarantee anything which has been proven..

• Like 1

Leaving the multiple quotes aside; there is a small chance of us finishing above one of the sides immediately above us. There is an even smaller chance of Wigan finishing above one of the sides immediately above us. The chance of both us AND Wigan finishing above one of the sides immediately above us is very, very small. As QPR and Reading have already filled 2 of the 3 spots, I think it is us or Wigan for for the drop.

It feels like a 2 horse race with Villa leading Wigan by a couple of lengths. Unfortunately, there are still fences to jump. If only it were on the flat!

see, I feel it's a 3 horse race.....Newcastle have won 1 away game all season and their next 2 games are away followed by the last home game of Arsenal who are fighting for champions league place and in fine form with 16 of the last 18 points

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely,  - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

I can't agree with this. We win tomorrow, which I personally think we will by a couple of goals, then we will be on exactly the same points as both Sunderland and Newcastle having played the same amount of games and in terms of Newcastle with a very similar goal difference. There is no doubt that a win for us tomorrow and we have every chance of finishing above both Sunderland and Newcastle and with Norwich still play them also.

But as of now - Newcastle \ Sunderland only need one win to be safe. We need 2 from 4. A quick glance at the bookies odds - Sunderland are 33-1 to get relegated - we are 2-1 -  so you probably get close to 50-1 if you think we will finish above sunderland.

But as of now - Newcastle \ Sunderland only need one win to be safe. We need 2 from 4. A quick glance at the bookies odds - Sunderland are 33-1 to get relegated - we are 2-1 -  so you probably get close to 50-1 if you think we will finish above sunderland.

fair point

see, I feel it's a 3 horse race.....Newcastle have won 1 away game all season and their next 2 games are away followed by the last home game of Arsenal who are fighting for champions league place and in fine form with 16 of the last 18 points

I think Newcastle are a few lengths ahead of us and several ahead of Wigan. Granted they could still finish behind us and Wigan but they would need to stumble at all the fences whilst us AND Wigan jumped comparatively well. Possible but still unlikely.

Just thinking about next season, if we manage to survive and are in the same or similar situation next season I hope we go down. A strange way to look at it I guess but I'd rather that than be circling the drain for a few more years. The manager will have had basically 2 seasons with us and it will be obvious the chairman has no intention of funding the club anymore.

Take the results away from Wigan and Newcastle that they got against us, just those points in three games and things look a whole lot worse for them and better for us, so I am not accepting they have had a massively better season than us, in many respects similar or worse , especially if those results were reversed

Take the results away from Wigan and Newcastle that they got against us, just those points in three games and things look a whole lot worse for them and better for us, so I am not accepting they have had a massively better season than us, in many respects similar or worse , especially if those results were reversed

Strange logic. In reverse take away the points we've had against the 2 relegated sides (10 points) we'd only have 24 and be bottom

• Like 1

Well that's cheered me up. That would be about the most frustrating outcome of all!

We just HAVE to beat Sunderland. There hasn't been a more must win game than this for a long time. Do that and it will all look so much better & the momentum will be with us.

smetrov, on 28 Apr 2013 - 4:37 PM, said:

But as of now - Newcastle \ Sunderland only need one win to be safe.

This is not true

Geordies are 2 pts ahead of Villa and Wigan, both teams as it stands right now have a game in hand too

If we beat Sunderland on Monday, Villa, Geordies and Sunderland are on 37 points each all with three games to play. Newcastles GD is also rapidly approaching ours

This is not true

Geordies are 2 pts ahead of Villa and Wigan, both teams as it stands right now have a game in hand too

If we beat Sunderland on Monday, Villa, Geordies and Sunderland are on 37 points each all with three games to play. Newcastles GD is also rapidly approaching ours

4 ahead of Wigan

This is not true

4 ahead of Wigan

5 ahead actually

Who will still have a game in hand