Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Bent couldnt do much. He thrives on crosses and we took off our widemen (Wiemann and Charles) and brought on CM's and played narrow (Sylla and Holman).

Not great tactics.

Which is why there is no point playing Bent, he should fit the team, not the team having to fit him. If he can only score through one way of play, he is of no use!

I agree when it comes to the starting line up. However.. when it doesnt work.. and you want to make a change its good to change the system and try something else. BRing on Dawkins and leave Zoggy on to put some decent crosses in for Bent and Benteke. Instead we were too narrow and our fullbacks were crossing from the half way line. Brede ate them for breakfast.

I agree this could be a good tactic but we have shown once we switch to 4-4-2 the fullbacks get over-run. 

We won't really know until this time tomorrow how good a point it was today. If Sunderland and Stoke lose then its not a bad point and one gained on both them teams and Norwich.

I am still confident we will stay up. Anything against Man Utd would be a massive bonus but it is very much all down to the Sunderland home game followed by Norwich away. Beat Sunderland and get something from Norwich and that will pretty much see us safe.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Weird one today, guess a point is okay, but Fulham were really there for the taking. 

Sunderland and Norwich will be much more "up for it"... that may go in our favour really as we can hit them on the break. 

QPR and Reading officially gone. Even Redknapp has now admitted it. So its 1 from 5 clubs.

And out of those 5 I'd argue that Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich are more vulnerable than we are due to the form they are now in and Wigan are now facing a fixture pile up that won't help them. Although they have games in hand I'd much rather have the points in the bag.

Unless both Stoke and Sunderland win tomorrow I'd say it's been a decent weekend for us.

• Like 1

We're still right in there. Depends on how Stoke get on I'd guess,if they carry on in freefall then we don't have to worry. They have some decent games coming up though, which would make the Sunderland game massive as they could well be on the same number of points as us by the time we play them.

We're still right in there. Depends on how Stoke get on I'd guess,if they carry on in freefall then we don't have to worry. They have some decent games coming up though, which would make the Sunderland game massive as they could well be on the same number of points as us by the time we play them.

Or if they lose against Newcastle and Everton they'll be 3 points below us when we play them.

I'm confident Sunderland won't get 2 more points than us between now and the end of the season.

Reading and QPR are gone, its now between five teams us, Wigan, Norwich, Stoke and Sunderland. Still think it will be Sunderland or Stoke, think Stoke might beat Utd at home tomo, but Sunderland get stuffed by the frogs and a returning frog in Ben Afra. Wigan getting to the FA Cup final didn't help them in the slightest, as they now face Arsenal midweek before facing us on the last day of the season. Going for Sunderland to join Reading and QPR, but might change depending on results tomo.

I think United will not want to lose 2 on the trot. I've got a feeling Utd could smack them really badly. If we can put 3 past them, and miss 3/4 good chances as well. Imagine what Utd could do?

The sunderland game is HUGE and I fear it may go the way of the Bolton game last season :s 

The Newcastle-Sunderland game looks big. If Newcastle win at home that will put Sunderland in the  deep brown stuff. If the Mackems win, then it drops us right back in it. I think Stoke will bore themselves to safety but after today, Norwich look very shaky. I will try and take todays point as a postive. Maybe we are better away than at home? A point at United would be nice...

We ideally need Wigan to lose against City and West Spam away then at home to Spurs, Stoke to lose at home tomo at Utd, away at QPR and at home to Norwich then Sunderland to lose tomo at Newcastle, at home to Everton and away against yours truly. Would leave us (not bothering counting us getting anything at Utd) 6 points clear of the drop with three games to play.

Both Stoke and Sunderland won't lose...one of them will get a point at least I feel...hard to see Wigan getting anything at Man City but it isn't out of the question...and us beating Sunderland and Norwich is far from a given as well. Norwich played very well today, Sunderland played very well against Chelsea last week.

It's all still very scary.

• Like 1

I am pretty certain we will still have a chance of being relegated on the last day against Wigan. 

We might still be able to get away with losing on the last day and stay up if other results go our way but I think the threat of relegation will be with us to the last day this year.