The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Bad thing

He makes Bannan look world class

I remember last season he was Fulham's best player when he came to Villa park. It's a good thing for us that he is out.

Sidwell is doing OK with Fulham as a matter of fact. One of a little band of players who were useless with Villa but now doing better with higher placed premier league sides. :(

Another pointless signing, I was there for his debut v odense and he was bloody awful, he never justified a starting place and rarely made an impact from the bench. That penalty he gave away at wolves cost us another 2 points. Other than a goal v everton after 30 seconds, the highlight of his time here was the quick thinking involved in milner scoring v hull.

Sidwell has benefited from having a prolonged run of games at Fulham, something he never had at Villa or Chelsea. Personally I'm pleased he's suspended as I think Fulham will miss him.

Bad thing

He makes Bannan look world class

I remember last season he was Fulham's best player when he came to Villa park. It's a good thing for us that he is out.
Sidwell is doing OK with Fulham as a matter of fact. One of a little band of players who were useless with Villa but now doing better with higher placed premier league sides. :(
Another pointless signing, I was there for his debut v odense and he was bloody awful, he never justified a starting place and rarely made an impact from the bench. That penalty he gave away at wolves cost us another 2 points. Other than a goal v everton after 30 seconds, the highlight of his time here was the quick thinking involved in milner scoring v hull.

Can't be good when one of your highlights from a career at Villa was a throw-in

Just studied the table. We simply cannot afford to lose today and if other results go against us I think it will be too much for our youngsters to cope with. If we lose, Norwich and Southampton win it's over for us IMHO.

Just studied the table. We simply cannot afford to lose today and if other results go against us I think it will be too much for our youngsters to cope with. If we lose, Norwich and Southampton win it's over for us IMHO.

You've said it's over every couple of weeks for 6 months.

We simply need to keep hold of Lambert if we are relegated. The man will come good for sure. Hopefully he can strengthen us this summer in the premier league.

Based on what?

To be honest who else would we get?

I genuinely dont know who would come into a Championship Villa side that would be interesting at all. The usual faces scare the crap out of me.

Serious question, who would you sooner we got if we got relegated? The only exciting candidate I can think of is Gary McAllister, who was a dour bastard but was a brief but pleasant reign of competency around here.

I think would like Gus Poyet to come in if we go down. I think he'd be up for the opportunity as well because he would be able to go further with us than Brighton. Solskjaer would be another good option, he would be more likely to move with another year of experience.  

It would be unlikely to work but I would want us to approach Martinez as well but if he keeps Wigan up he wouldn't want to drop down a division.