Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Hopefully that will boost confidence enough to prevent too bad a hammering in our next 2 games. 

We're inconsistent and unpredictable enough to actually get something from the next two though. I'm not saying we'll get any wins, but we might get a point

Hopefully that will boost confidence enough to prevent too bad a hammering in our next 2 games. 

We're inconsistent and unpredictable enough to actually get something from the next two though. I'm not saying we'll get any wins, but we might get a point

If we somehow find ourselves 2 goals up we may have a chance.

The match we HAD to win. We can talk about ifs and buts, like saying we could beat Man City in a match we are not looking to get anything from budget-wise, but this was the D-DAY!

And we won, thank **** god we did. Sam Allardyce is talking bollocks really, they did not create chance after chance after chance, yes a few in the end when they were chasing us but when the game was tied at 0-0 they created next to nothing just like us. The penalty was fair, N'Zogbia pulled the ball to one side and Noble just went in clumsy. Easy and cool penalty from Benteke, and sublime free-kick from N'Zogbia. When we have free-kicks from that angle we need to score goals more often, this was our first direct free-kick goal since September 2010! Luckily we have had a few penalties this season, Benteke has tucked away 3 with ease. We managed to get some pressure and immediately scored two goals, at the best imaginable time.

However, man of the match has to be Darren Bent. That save on the line right before we scored our first was so incredibly important. Out of nothing they had that shot from inside the box and he stayed at the back just in case and saved a shot bound for the corner. If that had gone in we woudn't have come back into the game, I mean, how many times have we done that this season? This relegation battle is going to come down to a few, insane moments - that was one of them. Andi Weimann should be a relived man tonight after that miss after 2 minutes...

Still all to play for and I think it will go to the wire. The top teams bar United have all been dropping points to sides near bottom so predicting scores is pretty tough at the moment.

might see a bit more of that from city in the near future too, given that they're essentially out of the title race already

Sorry but that display failed to inspire me today. They are shit away from home and they showed that in the first half. Second half, they came out and got about us. Our first was a pen, no doubt. But, the second was poor defending by the wall. If it jumped we'd have hit it!

The defence still looked frail enough second half to worry me for the run in.

well hopefully we'll have gabby back in for Bowery and will look a bit more comfortable going fwd

I would actually play Bent instead of Weimann also.

Bent right midfield, like where Weimann is currently playing?

Might as well have a one legged granny playing right wing than Bent, his only footballing ability is finishing. Not crossing, not working hard, not passing nothing. He would be next to useless playing right mid.

Changed my vote from "yes" to "unsure". We still have a big battle ahead but we're moving in the right direction. 

You've changed your vote after one 2-1 victory over one of the worst opposition performances of the season!

Talk about 'changes with the wind'. You must be a woman!

:D

Har de har har, forgive me whilst I pretend to laugh. It is not about 1 game. It is about the improvement that we've shown over the past 3 games. We're still rubbish but it is a damn sight better than what we've seen previously. We now see desire & urgency, we're improving and we've seen relegation rivals drop points. I am sorry that changing my vote annoys you (well not really). 

Doesn't annoy me. Just amuses me that you can swing so readily after one victory in nearly two months..

Perhaps you are one of those people who change their mind on a general election vote every time they hear another a party political broadcast on TV.

I want the Villa to do well but I guess I am not so naive as to fall for the first positive thing in months. Let's see if they can keep up the momentum before we get all excited and wet our pants!

I've got a good feeling about Man City now. Mancini uninspired, started slating his own players and they're essentially out of the race now. I might actually be pleased with Southampton for what they did yesterday.

we won ugly today - i really don't care how we do it as long as we get the points to make us safe, a sparkling attacking performance like the one at Everton didn't get us the win.

and no i wouldn't suggest Bent out wide, but when he replaced Bowery he didn't play out wide. If Zog and Gabby is playing - we don't need another wide man.

Edited by VillanousOne

Well deserved to get a win today. I am not so sure anymore, I think we have showed that we have more than what it takes to stay up as long as we can keep the fight on for 90 minutes. If we do then we are better than teams like wigan, qpr, reading, norwich

The reason why I think we will now stay up and why I didnt before today was because Bennette has finally been dropped. Obvs 3 points is a plus but when Bennette played it was like starting with 10 men. People on here might think that's a bit harsh but I think it was that bad. Its a pity PL's arrogance let it go on for so long.