Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I don't think we'll go down... There are currently 3 worse teams than us, but in reality if we can get a little bit of confidence, there are probably 4 or 5 teams worse.

We always assume the worst, but I have this feeling that our worst patch has come and gone, and we only need to win the same amount of games as 3 other crappy teams, and we are safe.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll go down... There are currently 3 worse teams than us, but in reality if we can get a little bit of confidence, there are probably 4 or 5 teams worse.

We always assume the worst, but I have this feeling that our worst patch has come and gone, and we only need to win the same amount of games as 3 other crappy teams, and we are safe.

But we constantly lose to those "crappy" teams....

i utterly adore your optimism.

Unfortunately there is not, we are currently one of the 3 worse sides in the league if not the worse.

Our confidence is shot, other teams will feed of our inability to defend set pieces and just attack that weakness over and over.

Its pot luck if we stay up now, we looked decent first half of the West Brom game but its 1 step forward 2 steps currently.

Not only do I think we'll be relegated, I also think we'll finish bottom. What's even more scary is that there's only 4 days left that we can really do something about it. If we don't, I seriously think our only hope is to sack Lambert and try someone else, but that would obviously cost even more money and we are crying out for some stability.

Edited by Ginko

If we have the 6 or 8 million it will take to replace the management team and once again, for the 4th or 5th time in 4 years start all over again ( seriously this is one of the main reasons we are in this shite ) then I would rather that money be spent on the one or two players needed to give us a chance at retaining our league status

Watching the first half against Swansea was when relegation seemed inevitable to me. I'm pretty much convinced now after our lack of transfer activity. We may even finish bottom. Still have a faint flicker of hope that we'll turn things around but it's looking increasingly unlikely. 

Just read Danny shittu comments about us. Everyone knows they will roll us over. Were small. No fight. Don't pressure off the ball. All confirmed by shittu. Last week Curtis good from Bradford said he expected more from a premier league side. Maybe because we won't be much longer. We didn't get this under mcleish. Time for Lambert to go. But who will want this job. We must bring a club legend in charge with good coaching credentials to install some passion in this side. Laursen? Taylor ? Peter withe.. Who's got their badges?

Edited by KSV

Just read Danny shittu comments about us. Everyone knows they will roll us over. Were small. No fight. Don't pressure off the ball. All confirmed by shittu. Last week Curtis good from Bradford said he expected more from a premier league side. Maybe because we won't be much longer. We didn't get this under mcleish. Time for Lambert to go. But who will want this job. We must bring a club legend in charge with good coaching credentials to install some passion in this side. Laursen? Taylor ? Peter withe.. Who's got their badges?

Not disagreeing with most of what you say, but we didn't have any fight under McLeish either. We conceded less because we didn't even try to attack. Lambert tries to attack which exposes our lack of creativity in making chances to score, and our absolutely woeful defending.

I agree with what you said earlier Richard, the thing about if we have the money to pay off Lambert then it should be spent on transfers, but isn't it more to do with making the wage bill sustainable than lack of transfer money?

You mean like crappy Wigan and crappy Southampton that beat us at VP?

Wake up and smell the coffee!

With Newcastles new signings this week do any villa fans really expect us to beat them?

i mean every team out there knows we are on our knees now,we cant defend,our midfield is a disaster,weimann

and benteke are our only spark of encouragement.

I was all for lambert when he came to our club,but looking back the last few weeks his decision making has been shocking

and im very sure he is unable to give the players the lift they need.

• Like 1

no one at the club gives a shit so why should we, players will just go to the next club that will throw money at them, managers get pay offs and drop on their feet somewhere else and the owner can offload the club to some other ass with more money than sense. we are in a never ending cycle of shit.