Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We need around 18 points from 45 to stay up. Anyone think this is possible to achieve? It's going to be very tough and a serious turnover in the points we've picked up over the last year.

I think we need 5 wins 5 draws minimum from 15 games?.. that was crucial today.. draw was no good for us.. to have it at 2-0 then throw it away is inexcusable

proves they are simply not good enough for the Premier League (& thats even worse considering how poor the Prem is this season)....

Roll on another embarrassment on Tuesday. Don't tell me... we'll go 3-0 up, be at Wembley & then concede a dodgy penalty & lose it in the last 5 mins.

effing muppets

Would of liked all 3 points today, but 1 is a start. Out of the relegation zone for now, it is essential we beat Wigan, Reading & QPR and hope (it's all we have left) we take points off the remaining fixtures.

I really can't see us getting more than a point out of Wigan (a), QPR (h) and Reading (a). We are just awful at defending and it will cost us.

Would of liked all 3 points today, but 1 is a start. Out of the relegation zone for now, it is essential we beat Wigan, Reading & QPR and hope (it's all we have left) we take points off the remaining fixtures.

Were running out of fixtures to get points from

If we can't get maximum points out of a game after going 2 goals up what chance do we have in our remaining fixtures?

We look woeful and the squad is not good enough

Without investment we are down. Those around us will sure as hell bring players in. You can't stand still in this league and we've been doing that too long and that will ultimately cost us our place in it.

Time to show your hand, Randy.

scary thing is i wouldn't even say we've been standing still..... more like sprinting backwards!

Randy Lerner is the worst thing that's ever happened to Villa. If I could have 5 minutes alone with him, I'd gladly do the time inside.

Even though you're not being serious, I think you ought to row back on saying stuff like that.

Edited by snowychap

Problem is teams don't fear going down a goal or 2 against us because all season we've been having these "20 minute self destruct" sessions.. When we readily concede 2, 3 or more goals. With this side as soon as you rattle them they implode ..badly.

It's happened all season.. Everton (H), Southampton (A), Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd etc etc etc etc... Never seen anything like it its damn odd?!

Newcastle is a really big game, a win there would be massive. Of course that goes for every game now really, but this one especially.

Feels good to be back out of the relegation zone again, with the teams below us level on games played. For now, at least.

Problem is teams don't fear going down a goal or 2 against us because all season we've been having these "20 minute self destruct" sessions.. When we readily concede 2, 3 or more goals. With this side as soon as you rattle them they implode ..badly.

It's happened all season.. Everton (H), Southampton (A), Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd etc etc etc etc... Never seen anything like it its damn odd?!

The most psycologically weak team in the prem. There is someone at every villa game who has some misterious panic button and when pressed we go into meltdown.

There is someone at every villa game who has some misterious panic button and when pressed we go into meltdown.

Yes, his name is Paul Lambert and thank **** he isn't in charge of the button for a tactical nuclear strike or we would be ****.

He is fast becoming a master of disaster.

Just had a look on comments here to see if they match my views... I am really heartened by this evening. Although inexcusable to lose 2 points from that position, I thought we were a tad unlucky. We have zero breaks of the ball. Yes we are defending poorly at times but we never seem to get the fortunate bounce in the box at either end. We are due some!

We looked decent going forward and had goals in us. We were never massively threatened from open play which much better. And despite this run and all the doom and gloom we still just about have our heads above water. Without question a win would've been massive, but a bit of hope has been restored when last week i thought we were as good as down.

• Like 1