Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Norwich and West Ham have a better squad than ours in my opinion.

a few examples

Snodgrass -> Albrighton/Ireland

Diame -> all our midfielders

Nolan - all our midfielders

Jarvis (even though he is a one trick player) -> all our wingers

Sad times really.

There are teams in the Championship with better squads than ours.

Norwich and West Ham have a better squad than ours in my opinion.

a few examples

Snodgrass -> Albrighton/Ireland

Diame -> all our midfielders

Nolan - all our midfielders

Jarvis (even though he is a one trick player) -> all our wingers

Sad times really.

the jarvis/snodgrass comparison dont really add up as we dont have any wingers except Albrighton and Diame and Nolan are probably better than our midfield but i guarantee they are probably on about 120k a week between them

Thing is we should have a first team of quality players on 60k a week

The money is going up 70% next season, even a relegated team next season will get more money than this seasons champions

Lerner is a bloody clown cutting back now

the jarvis/snodgrass comparison dont really add up as we dont have any wingers except Albrighton

N'Zogbia too..

and Diame and Nolan are probably better than our midfield but i guarantee they are probably on about 120k a week between them

That's not the point I was after though, they are better than what we have currently in our squad.

Two things that worry more than anything else...

It's not that Paul lambert isn't a top manager that horrifies me, it's that he actually is that is far scarier.

Secondly, the defending for the goals was as bad as I have EVER seen at Villa Park. Beyond abysmal. The reason we are in this position is because our players are absolute shite. It's just that simple. Some of them wouldn't start for a mid table championship side. Marc Albrighton as an impact player? Our starting XI is the worst in the league outside of Reading.

Looking the bigger picture - are we heading for a premier league where 50/60% of the clubs are london based? - The likes of Fulham, QPR, West Ham - all seem to be able to pay the wages and fees which we can't - How long before Crystal Palace start bouncing the chequebook around ?

2 things lerners needs to chew on:-

The Average for a prem play is at least £45k per week

Football clubs - with one or two exceptions don't show a profit

Live with it - or get out of the kitchen

This thread needs spicing up. Where are all the posters who have been so free with their comments of 'doom-monger' towards anyone who remotely worries that things are not well at VP?

Yeah strange that we haven't been told about improvement of that evidence suggests there's nothing to worry about.

I think it was pretty obvious we would struggle big time this season but I didn't expect it to be record breaking lows.

Another year where I'm worried about the long term future of this club. Thank god we were able to get Doug to sell up so we could enjoy such wonderful moments.

Yeah strange that we haven't been told about improvement of that evidence suggests there's nothing to worry about.

I think it was pretty obvious we would struggle big time this season but I didn't expect it to be record breaking lows.

Another year where I'm worried about the long term future of this club. Thank god we were able to get Doug to sell up so we could enjoy such wonderful moments.

Be careful what you say BJ10 or you might upset someone and they might get abusive towards you.

Strange you and others sound so smug with it all and don't try and deny it, posting with almost delight. Worried about the long term future? Don't make me laugh if we get relegated you'll be on to another club and thank god, so obsessed with the premier league and money you have no idea about 'supporting' a football club.

We get relegated so what, does football, goals, fans celebrating wins not exist outside of the premier league? No thought not, stadiums are empty don't you know..

Disgraceful behaviour by so called 'fans' we deserve all what we get!

After today's "performance" we're desperate for new blood.

What Lambert is trying to do is admirable but he needs to get some experience in. You simply cannot blood as many youngsters as we have this season and not expect there to be unpredictable results. You can get away with 1 or 2 inexperienced players the Premier League, but we've basically been playing our reserve team from 2 years ago. With the exception of Man United in the 90's your lucky if you produce 1 youth player a season which goes on to establish themselves.

If PL persists with this mentality, I can see us seriously struggling. Last season it was clear there were three teams worse than us....not sure you could say that now.

Strange you and others sound so smug with it all and don't try and deny it, posting with almost delight. Worried about the long term future? Don't make me laugh if we get relegated you'll be on to another club and thank god, so obsessed with the premier league and money you have no idea about 'supporting' a football club.

We get relegated so what, does football, goals, fans celebrating wins not exist outside of the premier league? No thought not, stadiums are empty don't you know..

Disgraceful behaviour by so called 'fans' we deserve all what we get!

Not that I ever have to prove anything to someone like you.

But I've had my season ticket for around 12 years and I'll continue to do so.

Did you think it was disgraceful when fans were unhappy with Mcleish or years ago unhappy with Doug? Or do you just think its disgraceful that people don't like the same guys at the club as you?

Edited by Big_John_10

Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that there was some improvement, which were shown with a draw against Arsenal, win against Reading, draw against QPR and Stoke, then two away wins at Norwich and Liverpool.

Than people maybe thought that result against Chelsea was a freak result, after players starting to believe the positive press and not doing the job at that match.

The reason these people probably do not talk about the improvement might have something to do with the fact that results have deteriated and we now fear that there has not been the improvement we were hoping for.

Just a suggestion before you interpret our views way too much.

sad that some people want us to lose so that they can prove a point :/...

Do you go to many games?

Because I find it hard to believe that anyone who invests money, time and emotion into Aston villa could possibly think that anyone who does the same could ever want their team to lose in order to be able to say I was right on the internet.

sad that some people want us to lose so that they can prove a point :/...

Are you for real? I know for a fact every single negative poster wants to be proven wrong. It's just frustrating to see certain fans try to twist everything in to positive when clearly we are in trouble. I'm not saying be negative for the sake of it I'm saying accept the situation we are in and let people be upset by it. Delusion on a BB is not going to help our predicament. A rant and moan may at least help some feel better.