Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We spent most of the match defending and broke out for three devastatingly fast and accurate goals. So arguably we didn't pose much of a "threat" at all. I don't think anyone claims football is played with statistics. Nor is it played with empty concepts like "goal threat".

Did you watch the game? See I'm watching it again now and despite the waves of possession and after a shakey start we looked far more threatening, more "toothy" than Liverpool. Despite my nerves at the time, we were comfortable defending, well organised, scored three fantastic goals and fully deserved the three points.

There's no argument to be had. We look threatening. 7 goals in 2 prove that beyond doubt.

• Like 1

It was a well-earned victory and superb performance, you can't take away anything from them today. Probably one of the best away performances I've seen in the last three years. Lambert got everything spot on from what he had available to him, and you can really start to see his effect rubbing off on the squad. Its been a slow start but I think things are starting to look up.

Going to somewhere like Anfield is always difficult, especially as the ref will tend to help the scousers out and they have two diving cheating scumbags in the team.

However - lets not get carried away. We still have a tough run of fixtures coming up and the target must still be survival and stability. But the confidence boost the last two victories will have given them should stand us in very good stead indeed!

Did you watch the game?

Yes.

I'm not really interested in broadening out what was already a fairly pointless exchange with PB.

The only reason I responded to him at all was to show that he's not the only one who can fabricate withering, patronising and dismissive replies. :)

However, I'm much more interested at the moment in enjoying a fantastic win - which was achieved by totally surprising Liverpool on the break, not by dominating possession or pounding their goal with incessant shots.

We've had two horrible years full of woeful performances, shit signings and idiotic managers and seen our best players leave and millions of pounds of players walk out the door for free.

Yet today we go to Anfield and come away 3-1 winners just days after a 4-1 away win to put us in a Semi Final and yet people want to bicker?

If we can't all be happy and enjoy the evening then **** me there is something wrong.

Didn't know where to put these comments....But it is great to hear fans from various teams appreciating what we are trying to do.

Arsenal and Spurs fans respectively.

I know this is a bit of a side issue from the rest of the discussion, but did anyone else think Villa played really well? I have been amazed how well they've played this season compared to the results thy've got. I think someone said watch out for Villa in the second half of the season. I agree, and would add maybe watch out for Southampton too...

Lately. you never hear a Villa fan moan. This young team are hugely impressive and are evolving and gelling at an incredible rate. There's no wonder any more why Bent is secondary.Come the second half of the season they are going to exact revenge and take some serious scalps.

Didn't know where to put these comments....But it is great to hear fans from various teams appreciating what we are trying to do.

Arsenal and Spurs fans respectively.

I know this is a bit of a side issue from the rest of the discussion, but did anyone else think Villa played really well? I have been amazed how well they've played this season compared to the results thy've got. I think someone said watch out for Villa in the second half of the season. I agree, and would add maybe watch out for Southampton too...

Lately. you never hear a Villa fan moan. This young team are hugely impressive and are evolving and gelling at an incredible rate. There's no wonder any more why Bent is secondary.Come the second half of the season they are going to exact revenge and take some serious scalps.

We did play well at WHL until we went behind and probably should have got something, and looked the morr likely against Arsenal but nice to see people taking notice of recent performances.

Its such a fine line these days between success and failure in the PL, we should have picked up more points, but these are still early days. Its good everyone is on side now with the recent results giving everyone a more positive outlook on this project. I for one was still very concerned a few weeks back, still a long way to go but we're getting better!

Whilst Chelsea will be knackered I expect them to be on guard after watching us yesterday.

Should be an open , flowing game.

They practically have no time to prepare for our game unless, as I stated in the match thread, they put the League Cup tie against Leeds aside and focus on us.

They practically have no time to prepare for our game unless, as I stated in the match thread, they put the League Cup tie against Leeds aside and focus on us.

Suspect that's what they'll do to be honest. Sacrifice the League Cup.

We've had two horrible years full of woeful performances, shit signings and idiotic managers and seen our best players leave and millions of pounds of players walk out the door for free.

Yet today we go to Anfield and come away 3-1 winners just days after a 4-1 away win to put us in a Semi Final and yet people want to bicker?

If we can't all be happy and enjoy the evening then **** me there is something wrong.

absafeckinglutely