Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Play like we did on Tuesday night and we will more than likely lose tomorrow and may scrape a 0-0 draw vs stoke

Then it's 3 really tough games so I'm guessing we will be in the R zone come 25 December.

Merry Xmas All.

I don't think we will have the same level of performance against QPR CI. QPR with Harry at the helm will go for the throat against us leaving us more space to play on the counter and this is why i feel Ireland is a must for this game as he has the ability to use that space left in behind QPR. It will therefore be a more open game than against Reading and that will suit us better. Harry with his past record against us might not give us the respect we deserve and that may be their weakness? I can certainly see us nicking a point in a high scoring game and with a wee bit of luck, maybe all three?

Additionally, I don't think their defence will be able to handle Benteke.

• Like 1

Are they? Most of the people stating we'll be absolutely fine have been very consistent and were saying we'd be fine even before the Reading win.

Definitely. If anything, people (including myself) are seeing Tuesday's PERFORMANCE as a negative, despite the bonus that we got 3 valuable points.

My belief that we'll avoid relegation this season is not based on the Reading performance.

Further evidence that you can' tjudge a team purely on the points it picks up.

But then again, I don't think even CI believes what he posts.

Ireland is a must for this game

Ireland is a must for every game, imo.

Ireland is a must for every game, imo.

Yep agreed. I also believe there's a lot more to come from him and he's starting to remind me of Cowans. Not at the same level yet but could be. The type of player that needs an arm around him and a boost of confidence rather than the hairdryer.
  • Like 1

Play like we did on Tuesday night and we will more than likely lose tomorrow and may scrape a 0-0 draw vs stoke

Then it's 3 really tough games so I'm guessing we will be in the R zone come 25 December.

Merry Xmas All.

What if we draw tomorrow?
  • Like 1

I'm still unsure to be honest, Tuesday night was a wretched performance against a really crap team. QPR away could easily be a loss and back into the R zone we go.

You sound fairly sure to me.

A wretched performance. 3 points. It's about **** time that happened.

I know its bad form to be positive but I'm going to go out on a limb and say we will beat QPR fairly comfortably. I've seen enough in Villa in the last month to believe we have actually turned the fabled corner and we are clicking as a team. Tactics look good, performances look good, we just need a run of points and the relegation scrap will be forgotten. And for all the talk of QPRs improvement against Sunderland they still didnt win against a team with an equally dire record to us, which would have given them a confidence boost to bring against us.

I'd take a draw. That would be a good point IMHO and set us up nicely to have a go at stoke

I think the Stoke game is a real tricky one. Im not sure if we can cope with the physicallity of that team. I would take a point from QPR, it keeps them adrift, if they win they will be back in the mix

Stoke will be no pushovers. Huth generally has a blinder against us and I can see them sitting deep and trying to hit us on the sucker punch. Stoke are a horrid team and I can see this being a real banana skin of a game as is tomorrow. It's a shame as we really need 4 points minimum from the two games.

Yep agreed. I also believe there's a lot more to come from him and he's starting to remind me of Cowans. Not at the same level yet but could be. The type of player that needs an arm around him and a boost of confidence rather than the hairdryer.

I thought he looked a different class to the rest of our midfield when he came on on Tuesday. Without getting into the whole quality .v. workrate debate (again) I just worry that he drifts in and out of games

I'm concerned for KEA's future - can't see him making it

I've never been so nervous yet excited for a game as I am for tomorrow.

I think we will learn a lot about our players and team spirit tomorrow. Something tells me it's going to be a horrible weekend what with Redknapps record against us and Aston Villa as the default fall guys for clubs to break their duck against.