Rino8

Can see Chelsea counter-attacking them to death. There was an extended period where Citeh were all over them at the weekend and should've scored more. As others have said the timing of the Atlético games are a massive bonus for Liverpool. Isn't Rodgers a Mourinho prodigy?

• Like 1

I'll be happy for Liverpool to win the league but of course they've been extremely lucky this season. All they needed was an injury to Suarez and they'd be well out of the title race. Might not even be in Champions League contention. Suarez not only is a phenomenal player and goalscorer he drags up the form of the rest of the team who love to play with him.

If Suarez gets injured tomorrow Liverpool won't win the league so it is still a matter of lucky to some extent whether Liverpool will win the league.

• Like 2

The counter argument to that is Suarez didn't play first 6 games and Liverpool won 4 of them didn't they?

Sturridge missed a chunk from November-January so that always balances out the Papillion one always bringing up how often RVP/Rooney have been injured.

I actually think the luckiest team with injuries have been Chelsea. Hardly a scratch on their back 4 all season and of their attacking players Hazard out for 2 weeks is as bad as it gets.

Anyone get the feeling I don't like Chelsea very much?! ;)

Rovers. it was actually Palace with 14 in the 04/05 season when Andy Johnson was Swan lake diving every other week.

They still went down.

• Like 2

6 games is nothing.

Teams would soon find a way of playing Liverpool lead by Sturridge. It's almost impossible to stop Suarez. At least no team has found a way to stop him this season.

Maybe Chelsea has also been lucky with injury but they are not quite so dependent on one player as I maintain Liverpool are. Yes the goals are spread around the team but it is all stinking good form as a result of the Suarez influence. Take Suarez away for any length of time then we'd see what level they really are.

• Like 1

6 games is nothing.

Teams would soon find a way of playing Liverpool lead by Sturridge. It's almost impossible to stop Suarez. At least no team has found a way to stop him this season.

Maybe Chelsea has also been lucky with injury but they are not quite so dependent on one player as I maintain Liverpool are. Yes the goals are spread around the team but it is all stinking good form as a result of the Suarez influence. Take Suarez away for any length of time then we'd see what level they really are.

You say 6 games is nothing but in the post above you say an injury to Suarez for the last 4 games would mean they will not win the title?

Clearly it has been shown this season that they can go 4 games without Suarez and still win the majority of them.

• Like 1

You get loads of penalties when you have very quick direct strikers, we had about 10 one season under MON remember which was the most in the premier league.

Anyone know the identity of the team who've won the most penalties in a season in the premier league? You'll be really surprised given the perceived bias directed towards the bigger teams.

I'd imagine it is Crystal Palace. 

The counter argument to that is Suarez didn't play first 6 games and Liverpool won 4 of them didn't they?

Sturridge missed a chunk from November-January so that always balances out the Papillion one always bringing up how often RVP/Rooney have been injured.

I actually think the luckiest team with injuries have been Chelsea. Hardly a scratch on their back 4 all season and of their attacking players Hazard out for 2 weeks is as bad as it gets.

Anyone get the feeling I don't like Chelsea very much?! ;)

Rovers. it was actually Palace with 14 in the 04/05 season when Andy Johnson was Swan lake diving every other week.

They still went down.

Wow, still hung up on my "affection" for United I see? Maybe I have to word myself differently the next time, English isn't my first language and so on.

As for Rooney/Van Persie, of course it matters when they are injured a lot, but in hindsight I wouldn't see them in top 4 had they both played 35 games this season anyway. The tactics in the games I have seen from them are not very taylor made for certain individuals, something that Rodgers has perfected for Liverpool.

I think City would have walked it had Agüero stayed reasonably free of injuries, he is such a good player and not far behind Suarez. When you play for City you are kind of lost between other stars, like Fabregas at Barcelona, but if one of those players starred for Liverpool they would be just as visible as Suarez. Agüero has 1214 minutes on the pitch this season and I think his scoring average is even with Suarez. I am not saying Agüero is behind others in the pecking order of stardom, he is clearly their best player alongside Touré but their squad has so many good players.

As for Suarez, he only missed five games at the start of the season. They did do well in beating Man Utd at home with 1-0, but they also "just" beat us and Stoke with 1-0, as well as drawing Swansea 2-2 and losing at home to Southampton 0-1. Not particularly impressive in terms of goals, we almost snatched an equalizer through Benteke and United were also very close with Van Persie/Hernandez if I remember correctly. So five goals in five games, then Suarez came back and they scored 12 goals in the next four games. The rest as they say, is history.

6 games is nothing.

You say 6 games is nothing but in the post above you say an injury to Suarez for the last 4 games would mean they will not win the title?

Clearly it has been shown this season that they can go 4 games without Suarez and still win the majority of them.

Tottenham have gone 4 games winning the majority of them many times this season. Four times, equivalent to 16 games. They're not competing for the title because they don't have Suarez the rest of the time.

People can under estimate the importance of Suarez all they want but the fact remains he is not only a world class striker but all round player, movement, speed of thought, dribbling, work rate. If he leaves it will be bale spurs all over again

You get loads of penalties when you have very quick direct strikers, we had about 10 one season under MON remember which was the most in the premier league.

Anyone know the identity of the team who've won the most penalties in a season in the premier league? You'll be really surprised given the perceived bias directed towards the bigger teams.

I'd imagine it is Crystal Palace. 

I think so. Andy Johnson had about 15 penalties that season

People can under estimate the importance of Suarez all they want but the fact remains he is not only a world class striker but all round player, movement, speed of thought, dribbling, work rate. If he leaves it will be bale spurs all over again

Would he go for more money than Bale?

Doubt it. Bale is a likeable character

Doubt it. Bale is a likeable character

id even argue that's the reason he is still at Liverpool, the bigger clubs probably thought he would be bad PR

I'll be happy for Liverpool to win the league but of course they've been extremely lucky this season. All they needed was an injury to Suarez and they'd be well out of the title race. Might not even be in Champions League contention. Suarez not only is a phenomenal player and goalscorer he drags up the form of the rest of the team who love to play with him.

If Suarez gets injured tomorrow Liverpool won't win the league so it is still a matter of lucky to some extent whether Liverpool will win the league.

You can't say that. There's no certainties. Liverpool were still up there before Suarez played this season and they were doing well when Sturridge was injured. Of course they would miss Suarez. He's one if not the best player the Premier League has ever had. The person that deserves most credit for this Liverpool revival is Brendan Rodgers. I have never seen a team move the ball as quickly and as accurately as they do. They blew City away in the first 20 minutes. Yes you take Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling out of the team and they wouldn't be any where near as good.

Â