Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

For what it's worth, I think Vlaar will be gone in January for sure and I think it will be in the region of roughly 6-8m we receive from either Southampton or Manchester United.

Personally, what we are witnessing on the pitch right now I can't blame concrete Ron for moving to a 'bigger club'. Best of luck to him too.

Its a direct swap with Cleverly.

Involved in the transfer negotiations are you?

It is quite obvious that is the plan, either Vlaar or Delph involved in a swap (+/- cash) for Cleverley. Bear in mind that Delph sold his house in the summer and is living at The Belfry at the moment.

We all would, but Vlaar won't.

I have a feeling everything is all set and Ron has already has a house now sorted near his 'new club' for when he moves in January.

Them few weeks he was "injured" was roughly when it all developed.

Is it really so outlandish to think that he was genuinely injured? We even saw it happen and it's not like he hasn't got a history of it.

Its a direct swap with Cleverly.

Involved in the transfer negotiations are you?

It is quite obvious that is the plan, either Vlaar or Delph involved in a swap (+/- cash) for Cleverley. Bear in mind that Delph sold his house in the summer and is living at The Belfry at the moment.

Delph's injury which came out of nowhere and puts him out until roughly January seemed a bit too convenient for me.  Such a cynic :(

For what it's worth, I think Vlaar will be gone in January for sure and I think it will be in the region of roughly 6-8m we receive from either Southampton or Manchester United.

Personally, what we are witnessing on the pitch right now I can't blame concrete Ron for moving to a 'bigger club'. Best of luck to him too.

Southampton should not be able to buy one of our best players.

Southampton should not be able to buy one of our best players.

No they shouldn't but they shouldn't be able to spend as much on a keeper as we did our whole team this summer either.

• Like 3

I think some people need to accept that money is all important these days and that club stature doesn't mean as much as it used to. I don't like it either but that's the way it is. Southampton have a lot of money and we don't - hopefully the latter can be corrected soon.

• Like 1

People do Southampton a massive dis-service.  Their youth team produces some great players that they make huge amounts of money in selling.  They've re-built after being relegated and financially stricken and are now in a great position - one the best in the league, for sure.

Really, we need to get over this "big club" crap.

• Like 4

They have a lot of money at the moment from selling Shaw, Lovren, Lallana etc but they can't be paying higher wages than us.

Let's say their wage bill is "capped" (from a business-being-run-well perspective) at £1.5m/wk and they are currently paying their squad £1m/wk.

Let's say our wage bill is "capped" at £2m/wk, but we're currently paying our squad £2m/wk.

Which club could offer Ron Vlaar more money?

(In short, it's pretty easy to see how a well-run club that has completely re-structured could offer more wages than ourselves to an individual player).

Â