Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

They just paid £16m plus a fully expensed Nani on loan for 12months for a dodgy looking left back form Portuguise league with no Prem experience. So They can have Vlaar for £20m plus fully paid up Welbeck and Evans on loan for 12 months?

Rojo actually could turn out to be a good buy.

I actually think a Wellbeck type player is what we need.

With our lack of chances, I'd prefer a hard working forward who does more than just pounce on a chance like Bent, or does nothing ever like Gabby.

We can't afford to carry a luxury striker who doesn't do anythign other than shoot. A player like Wellbeck (who is underrated imo) would probably do well for us.

THat being said, it should be a separate discussion from Ron Vlaar. Swapping Vlaar for Wellbeck would be mental

• Like 1

With our lack of chances, I'd prefer a hard working forward who does more than just pounce on a chance like Bent, or does nothing ever like Gabby.

We can't afford to carry a luxury striker who doesn't do anythign other than shoot. A player like Wellbeck (who is underrated imo) would probably do well for us.

THat being said, it should be a separate discussion from Ron Vlaar. Swapping Vlaar for Wellbeck would be mental

Did you see him last night? He was utter s**t

a]  He still showed a couple of bright moments.  I remember, for one example, he took the ball across a couple of defenders before spinning and hitting a decent shot that went just wide.  Weimann/Gabby simply don't do this.

b]  Did you see Benteke against Bradford?  He was utter s**t.  I think you get my point.

a]  He still showed a couple of bright moments.  I remember, for one example, he took the ball across a couple of defenders before spinning and hitting a decent shot that went just wide.  Weimann/Gabby simply don't do this.

b]  Did you see Benteke against Bradford?  He was utter s**t.  I think you get my point.

Even then he still managed to get a goal.

10 mil + Kagawa + Wellbeck.

Despite their recent woes Manchester United have a fair few players that would seriously improve us. I would rather get a couple players in exchange than get money that unless we operate abroad on unproven talents won't stretch far at all. That said I'd rather we just keep Vlaar all things considered. 

I will have some of what you are taking.

He really wasn't. In fact he was head and shoulders United's best player.

I know that doesn't mean much, but in a game where the whole team was crap, he looked the only United player likely to do anything.

All they are talking about on Twitter and Redcafe is how they are going to nick Vlaar off us for £10mil or below and it should be very easy to do this as we won't put up a fight and he will want to go!!

I hate United and their deluded fans with a passion

All they are talking about on Twitter and Redcafe is how they are going to nick Vlaar off us for £10mil or below and it should be very easy to do this as we won't put up a fight and he will want to go!!

I hate them as well but if that is what they are saying I can't really agree with them being deluded in this instance. I expect Vlaar to stay but if he wants to go we will have our pants pulled down I reckon.

The Ron Vlaar thread on RedCafe is a joke, they manage to say that Vlaar is on the same line qualitywise like Evans :D

The Ron Vlaar thread on RedCafe is a joke, they manage to say that Vlaar is on the same line qualitywise like Evans :D

Not quite sure what ia laughable about that?

They are both very decent centre backs.

Can you see the Irony at laughing at that suggestion?

Vlaar is a lot better than Evans.

Based on what?

Based on what?

Based on watching them play football.

• Like 4

If Evans came here or any other club around this level people would be jizzing all over him.

Would they really? I think Evans would go the same way as O'Shea and Wes Brown.

Both of those players were into their thirties.

Their legs had gone. Wes Brown is still fantastic when fit.

• Like 1

Based on what?

Based on watching them play football.

Based on your opinion you mean? For somebody who is so quick to comment on people stating something as fact. You sure do it a lot.

Â