Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

keeping Vlaar could be worth £40m+'to us as that could be the difference between staying up and going down. As stated the time remaining doesn't have that great affect these days as Barry and Young showed. If he wanted to go I'd want at least £12-15m as that's how much a replacement would be. Lovren is being touted for £20m and Ron has been one of the stand out CB in the WC. I hope he signs and believe he will because as shown time and again we only sell on our terms or not at all. Barry Young Benteke show this to be the case.

• Like 2

Mark pougatch having a dig at him on twitter saying where was this Ron vlaar all last season, **** off... It's quite obvious he wasn't the problem in our defence!

Ron has turned into our transfer budget

With his age and 12 months left I can't see us getting more than 6 or 7 million for him.

Sounds about right, imho. Some Villa fans on Twitter talk about £20 mill ... I think they must be from Colorado or they could of course be from Amsterdam ;)

29 isn't old for a defender

Not from a playing point of view.  It is from a contract negotiation point of view.   Vlaar will see this World Cup as his ticket to one final big contract (and why not?) but any club coming in for him won't want to pay too much because of his resale value in 4 years time, and that is even before you stop to consider he only has 12 months left on his deal.  Whatever happens, Vlaar's agent is going to earn his money this summer. 

29 isn't old for a defender

Not from a playing point of view. It is from a contract negotiation point of view. Vlaar will see this World Cup as his ticket to one final big contract (and why not?) but any club coming in for him won't want to pay too much because of his resale value in 4 years time, and that is even before you stop to consider he only has 12 months left on his deal. Whatever happens, Vlaar's agent is going to earn his money this summer.

Yeah that was my point mentioning his age.

Maybe Senderos will be Vlaar's replacement after all, and not just cover.

Seriously doubt it. If we sell Vlaar I expect the money we get from the sale will go towards his replacement.

Maybe Senderos will be Vlaar's replacement after all, and not just cover.

Seriously doubt it. If we sell Vlaar I expect the money we get from the sale will go towards his replacement.

Not sure what we'd be able to get though. No good player will want to come to us at the moment.

Ron doesn't have to sign a contact with us this summer. We can let his contract run down next season, as you say keeping him will be worth 40 million, so if he won't sign a new contract let it run down. He will be 30 then let's see whose in the market for him then. As Lambert had said, no one leaves unless he says so.

Ron doesn't have to sign a contact with us this summer. We can let his contract run down next season, as you say keeping him will be worth 40 million, so if he won't sign a new contract let it run down. He will be 30 then let's see whose in the market for him then. As Lambert had said, no one leaves unless he says so.

As nice an idea as that sounds it all depends on the player.

As nice an idea as that sounds it all depends on the player.
in your world maybe but remember Gareth Barry

Â