Ever been stuck in a lift???

leemond2008

I only ask because I was stuck in one for over an hour at work yesterday.

I know some people get really claustrophobic and start to freak out but I was stuck in there with two birds (one I have never met before) and we literally sat on the floor and chilled out whilst we were waiting to be rescued.

Only thing was that after an hour I swear to god I was hotter than a fox in a forest fire, absolutely sweltering by the time we got out, I must have smelt like a polecat by the time work finished.

So how would you take it? Would you freak out or chill out?

Thats the one, did have a (very) happy ending though

It did, i especially liked the part when the temperature suddenly dropped and they had to rub against each other for warmth...personally i would have just put my clothes back on but hey-ho!

Did one of the girls get something stuck in her throat? Because it looked like the guy was giving her the heimlich maneuver?!?!

If I was stuck in a lift, I'm sure I'd be totally fine.

If I was stuck in a lift with leemond, I think I'd fear for my life.

I'm sure you would be fine...I did try to explain to the birds I was stuck in there with that if they were to slowly and seductively remove their clothes then they would be less likely to suffer from the heat as much

it didn't work

I lived in a block of flats until I was 18, and I did get stuck in the lift once. Probably only for about 10 minutes or so, didn't really bother me.

But the best thing was once when the lift engineer was round and - contrary to every health and safety rule in the book - he let me and my mate ride on the top of the lift while it was moving, AND get out onto the roof (eight story building). It was ace. Never told our parents, they would have gone apeshit, but we dined out on the story in the school playground.

I got stuck in one during an office move ..

It was a big project so we'd all stayed up in town the night before and had a skin full

I used the hour or so to catch up on some sleep ... my boss reckoned I broke the lift deliberately

We actually had one of those old fashioned lifts in our halls at uni. The ones with the folding doors than you had to open and close yourself.

If you pulled it open a tad when you were on your way up it stopped the lift automatically.

Quite fun for scaring unsuspecting people.

We actually had one of those old fashioned lifts in our halls at uni. The ones with the folding doors than you had to open and close yourself.

If you pulled it open a tad when you were on your way up it stopped the lift automatically.

Quite fun for scaring unsuspecting people.

Which reminds me.

We had those "paternoster" type conveyor-belt lifts that never stopped - you just had to jump in and out of the moving 'boxes' as they went past.

810251058342186.jpg

When they went 'round the loop' at the top and bottom of the building, you were plunged into total darkness for a few seconds.

Our favourite game was to tell newbies that the boxes turned upside down as they went round the turn, and that if you braced your hands and feet very hard against the sides, you could come out the other side head down.

It was quite funny watching them try this, as the boxes did nothing of the sort - so you'd see these idiots come out the same way round, but gritting their teeth and bracing arms and legs for all they were worth.

EDIT: They did also tend to encourage reckless stunts. It was de rigueur to hurl yourself Indiana Jones-style into the ever narrowing gap at the top of a descending box, rather than losing face by waiting three or four seconds for the next one. Favoured technique was the feet-first baseball slide, but advanced practitioners went for the head-first dive and roll.

Good times.

Hahaha!

I've seen those on films before, they look like a missing limb waiting to happen to be honest

Yep - see my edit above. I think they were designed to stop automatically if anything got stuck in the gap, but I never saw it happen.

I saw a movie once which involved a guy stuck in a lift with 2 guys...

Think ive seen the same one mate, was it the one where it gets really hot in the lift and they have to take off all the clothes?

Fixed :D

I saw a movie once which involved a guy stuck in a lift with 2 guys...

Think ive seen the same one mate, was it the one where it gets really hot in the lift and they have to take off all the clothes?

Fixed :D

Dammit!!! :)

I got stuck in one in a hotel in Bristol last year. Not for that long but the lift was really full so got really hot.

It was a pretty modern lift so it tries to re-align itself with a floor when it fails. This involves it dropping suddenly in small increments. A great feature I’m sure, but if you don’t know what’s happening it sure does make you feel like you’re about to plummet to the bottom!

Anyway that along with a few other disastrous things during my stay there got me a free night there to use next time so all in all not too bad!

Â