Ever been stuck in a lift???

leemond2008

Got stuck in a lift with an autistic child, who has an obsession with lifts and a fear of getting stuck, so every lift ride was exhilarating for him. This one in particular was exciting for both of us, but luckily it was a glass lift that you could see out of, so it wasn't quite as claustrophobic as normal lifts.

I'm one of those horribly claustrophobic people. I will avoid using one unless it's absolutely necessary, and as soon as the doors close I get tense and worried. Getting stuck in one is one of my worst nightmares.

Back in school once the door handle on the bathroom broke. All the kids loved it because we wouldn't be able to go to our next lesson but I started freaking out straight away and banging on the door. Sorry guys.

I have no problem with aeroplanes or holding cells though.

I used a paternoster every day at Uni. Sooooooo much more convenient then having to wait for a lift. It's been 6 years now and I've not seen one since, perculiar. Though it broke down a fair bit, should be in addition to a lift, not instead of.

I only know what a "paternoster" since y'all started talking about 'em and I was forced to Google it (©Mike Mooney) and I have to say, the concept scares the holy shit out of me.

Got stuck in a lift for 4 hours with my dad and my dog in China once, was pretty scary, considering the people who were going to rescue us hardly spoke any English. Got a bit frightened of lifts and didn't use that lift for about a week. Luckily we were only on the 1st floor so there weren't many stairs. For about a year and a half after I always got a little bit tense when I was in any lift, its gone now though and I was only about 10 at the time :)

Hahaha!

I've seen those on films before, they look like a missing limb waiting to happen to be honest

Nah it didnt work like that, if you were inside and stuck a limb out, because of the sloped design of the doorway there was no way to get it trapped (I tried)

Though apparently they don't exist anymore because of health and safety

Â