French in not the laziest in Europe Shock

tonyh29

I'd imagine it's the deep fried mars bar eaters north of the border dragging us down but ....

Britons are among the laziest people in Europe, according to a study which found that almost two thirds of adults are putting their health at risk through a lack of exercise. Only Malta and Serbia saved British people the title of the most slothful in the continent by a new study into global levels of activity.

Some 63 per cent of adults in this country are failing to meet health guidelines which advocate at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, such as brisk walking, five times a week or 20 minutes of more vigorous activity three times a week.

Falling below this target can raise the risk of conditions like heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer by 20 to 30 per cent, doctors warn.

Our lethargy is double the global average and the eighth worst of the 122 countries studied, which collectively account for 89 per cent of the world's population.

Malta was the laziest country worldwide, with 72 per cent of adults classified as physically inactive, but Britain (63pc) far outstretched other countries like the USA (41pc), France (33pc) and Greece (16pc).

click here unless you are too lazy

What it fails to mention though is we as a nation work more hours a week than most if not all the other nations in Europe. So perhaps we aren't lazy but people simply have less to time for exercise.

Indeed Ash.

Since when did lack of physical exercise = lazyness?

maybe the other countries are lazy for working less hours?

Less healthy maybe - but lazier, I would question.

What it fails to mention though is we as a nation work more hours a week than most if not all the other nations in Europe.

Id always thought that as well but interestingly enough an article I just read on the guardian website states the nation working the most hours average hours per week at 42.2 is ..................

Wait for it .......

Greece :shock:

The French would rather do leisure (sport, drink, eating GOOD food, sex) than work themselves into an early grave for the sake of a 'career'.

What's not to like?

eating GOOD food,

you were doing well up until that point

French food is over rated , even our cheese is better than theirs

Some of our cheese is as good as, or better than some of their cheese, I agree. Overall though, I rate French cheese as the best in the world. But if I was playing "Desert Island Cheese", I'd have to have a good Cheddar and Stilton, along with the Brie de Meaux, Roquefort, various goats' cheeses, etc.

Taken as a whole, French cuisine blows ours out of the water.

It all depends on your definition of 'good'. If we're talking 'good' for you then cheese is basically junk food. French food is fancy, poncy, technical and expensive but it's not particularly good for you. So to me no, French food is not 'good' food.

French cuisine blows ours out of the water

it's subjective surely isn't it ? in much the same way one can't say conclusively that the Beatles were better than the Stones

Â