French in not the laziest in Europe Shock

tonyh29

French cuisine blows ours out of the water

it's subjective surely isn't it ? in much the same way one can't say conclusively that the Beatles were better than the Stones

Agreed. How civilised we're being today. Probably the Paul Lambert Effect...

It all depends on your definition of 'good'. If we're talking 'good' for you then cheese is basically junk food. French food is fancy, poncy, technical and expensive but it's not particularly good for you. So to me no, French food is not 'good' food.
It's a common misconception that "French food is fancy, poncy, technical and expensive". Only in the fancy upmarket restaurants. 90% of French food is good hearty local produce (including fruit that even tempts ME). Peasant food. And delicious.

French cuisine blows ours out of the water

it's subjective surely isn't it ? in much the same way one can't say conclusively that the Beatles were better than the Stones

You really are fishing now to try and get me into a foul foaming at the mouth rant....

The Stones were comprehensively the best band, it's obviously surely ;-)

What is French food though? Depends where you are in France! Out here in Nice, the food is fookin' tremendous, the local delicacies are simple yet tasty (they even take a leaf out of Scotlands book - deep fried courgettes!), the pasta dishes are great, what is complicated about mussels and they are pretty universal across France. French cooking isn't complicated at all tbh it just has more attention to complimentary flavours than British cooking.

I'm with Mike on the cheese, yes the Brits do make some fantastic cheeses but so do the French, by the bucketload. Oh and the French (and most other countries that each it) treat the pig with far mor reverence than we do, British ham vs Jambon Cru - not a contest in my book

Oh and I've yet to meet a rude French person all week though I've met plenty of rude Brits (and a particularly outrageously rude Scandinavian)

I'd go on at length but I'm off out to the Pattissier to get tonights dessert, I'll also pick up a bottle or two from the Cave a Vin so we're set for a nice chillout on the sun deck after our meal tonight. Chin Chin!

Â