General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak sends:

Lots of questions re. media. We are just now beginning to look into media opportunities...whether that be TV/radio/print. As you can imagine, media is important to us but at this "beginning", it has not been our number one focus. Additionally, everyone needs to understand that Randy is not a "media" guy. He does not have an ego and does not feel he needs to be the "face" of Villa...he would much rather have Martin be Villa to the fans and media. You may not agree with that approach but that is Randy. He is very down-to-earth and humble....not one to get into the spotlight.

Re. the kit design. My sense is that Randy will look at many designs. Just remember what I have said before, he is a real tradionalist and will probably look into the history of the Club and come up with a kit that resembles the "tradition of Villa." He will not put a kit on the players that has not been on the Villa pitch before...it will be a traditional shirt.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

I think the role that Randy is keen to adopt is the role any diligent Chairman should adopt as it's not supposed to be an executive position.

I would like to pass on my thanks to you and the rest of the new team for your entire approach to running this club. Whilst it is still early days, I think I speak for all fans when I say that the way the club is being run now is a million miles away from the way it had been run. I feel that we are now building the foundations for a great and successful future!

i think its great that randy isnt heavily into the media side of things...

without having a pop at the previous chairman (hes gone, woo!!), it makes me feel a lot better knowing that randy isnt an egotystical self promoter...

although to open us up to the american market, randy may be more beneficial to be the face of villa, over the pond...

welcome General, how awesome to see you here!

My one small request is to replace the carling lager with Kronenbourg 1664 or Carlsberg. This is quite frankly the most important issue surrounding Villa's development in a long time,

thanks again

Rodders

ps if you could import Tim Hortons into the stands I think I'd live in Villa Park permanently

General Krulak sends:

Lots of questions re. media. We are just now beginning to look into media opportunities...whether that be TV/radio/print. As you can imagine, media is important to us but at this "beginning", it has not been our number one focus. Additionally, everyone needs to understand that Randy is not a "media" guy. He does not have an ego and does not feel he needs to be the "face" of Villa...he would much rather have Martin be Villa to the fans and media. You may not agree with that approach but that is Randy. He is very down-to-earth and humble....not one to get into the spotlight.

Re. the kit design. My sense is that Randy will look at many designs. Just remember what I have said before, he is a real tradionalist and will probably look into the history of the Club and come up with a kit that resembles the "tradition of Villa." He will not put a kit on the players that has not been on the Villa pitch before...it will be a traditional shirt.

Hi General

So refreshing to hear that Randy is not interested in hogging the spotlight and maintaining the traditions of the club. As 2007 it is the 25th annversary of the clubs European Cup victory I would ask that he considers an update of the home and away kits from that season and using the round version of the clubs crest.

Per ardua ad astra

General Krulak sends:

Hi General

So refreshing to hear that Randy is not interested in hogging the spotlight and maintaining the traditions of the club. As 2007 it is the 25th annversary of the clubs European Cup victory I would ask that he considers an update of the home and away kits from that season and using the round version of the clubs crest.

Per ardua ad astra

Great Point Mike, I think the majority of fans would like to see a return to the round crest, even if it was jst for the anniversary season.

what is it about the round version, I hate it, it says nothing, the tradtional sheild is so much more us .....

as to Kits, I agree with Mike, an updated of the EC kits woulld be a best seller and so popular.

I grew up with no shield, just the lion on the shirts in 74-? and then I don't remember anything until 81 and the round badge, still got my original little round pin badge too.

The two shields from the 90s to present day just seem to me to be a half hearted measure to get the copyright and then market, which we failed miserably. I have no leaning towards any of them so long as the brand is marketed properly and it does seem like this will happen

what is it about the round version, I hate it, it says nothing, the tradtional sheild is so much more us .....

as to Kits, I agree with Mike, an updated of the EC kits woulld be a best seller and so popular.

I don't want to see the round badge back either, I prefer the shield!

General, like everyone else I'd also like to add how refreshing it is to see one of the board members taking the time to come and open a dialogue with the fans on our level.

When you see whats happening at Newcastle with Freddy Sheppard, and what we went through with Ellis, I'm delighted that we have a chairman in Randy Lerner that wants to so things the right way, not just treating the club as his play thing like abramovich and but instead building the club from the base up.

:D

I totally agree with you last point Al, the sheild we have would be much better without the blasted stripes and should be a claret background. The thing I love about the sheild is the prepared motto which with the round badge is not possible.

General Krulak sends:

Well how often do you see Peter hill wood or abramovich or the moores family bigging themselves up in the media.

We have had a belly full of chairman with big egos so randys way is just fine by me.

Up the villa !

on the kits subject, i love how are kits are now, we haven't got the best make but it is good on the eye, and a good style, i personally prefer all claret with blue arms more than stripes.

if i had my way i would have claret socks as well as i'm not a fan of having sky blue socks, white shorts and the claret top. I'm glad we are sponsered by hummell over reebok as west hams kit just looks cheap and shit tbh.

an you can't switch carling! its one of the nicest tasting lagers about :nod:

The only recommendation I would make with regard to match day catering is to get more hot veggie options. I understand that the majority of people are meat eaters but it would be nice to have more than one option for hot food (other than chips) on a match day. Currently the only thing is the pizza pasty/slice which is ok but it gets a bit boring.

How about a veggie burger?

an you can't switch carling! its one of the nicest tasting lagers about :nod:

Not really a fan of Carling either although I will drink it from time to time.

Regarding the kits I'm not too fussed although I quite like the idea of the round badge on the shirt.