General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

As already mentioned, the Barry saga is the acid test. If we sell our best player and club captain we are sending out a message that Villa cannot and wll not be able to compete with the current top 4. If Barry goes, how long before Young feels the urge to move and as his head turned by a perceived bigger club? If Villa are serious, especially at season ticket renewal time, then they need to show a statement of intent. Barry is the public figurehead of our team, a top pro, England international and I will be seriously pissed off if we sell our prize asset just as it appears there's some hope. It's happened before with Platt and Yorke but now is the time for us to stand up and show the country that we are serious players and not just making up the numbers.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if gareth wants to leave, then we should tell liverplop to pay over £20 mil or they can get stuffed...

if not only for the way they have conducted themselves in this little saga, but most importantly, to show our strength as a club...

we need to show that we are nobodies pushovers and wont dance to the media myth alleged "big four" when they start their underhand tactics to demand what they want...

please, please, please don't mention season tickets..... it sounds like blackmail.

I would like to think we now have an owner we can trust and we don't need to be threatening season ticket withdrawal..... it kinda don't sit comfortable with me..... surely fans and Randy have a better relationship than that.

I would be staggered if all the management at villa park, were not aware of what is required to keep the carew's and young's happy.... other quality players.

Gareth Barry may/maynot go.... and imo we must buy quality to replace him should he decide to go and the club decide to realese him..... but it shouldn't need the fans to tell Martin O'Neill that.

please could posters keep this to questions/comments directly for the General, rather than general opinion stuff which can be found/posted on every single other thread, and is freely available for the General and Club staff to read. We appreciate that people have views, but just to make this thread easier for the General to deal with stuff he does have influence over... Thanks. Blandy

General Krulak here:

1. First off, if this issue is the "acid test" for our Club, then heaven help us. Let me, once again for the record, state the following: Your Club does NOT want our Captain to leave. MON's comments are spot on...they represent the EXACT feelings of Randy and the Directors. We ARE a top tier Club and will act that way in all of our dealings...we are professionals and we will act that way. If our Captain wants to go to Europe, what better thrill, challenge and "high" than to lead our Club to that "Promised Land"??? He knows we want him...he knows our vision and goal...and he knows he will be compensated properly. At the same time, if he wants to play for another Club...if he doesn't want to wear our colours...then it doesn't make much sense to say "no." I think we should all settle down a bit and trust MON and Randy...trust our Captain...and let this play out.

Gareth Barry has earned the title of Mr Aston Villa because of his loyalty to our club and his talent, a great Villa servant . In a few years time we will speak of him in the same breath as Aitken, Mortimer, Withe, Cowans, Morley, Gray, McGrath and Bruce Rioch!

By the way General, how is the Gareth Barry DVD doing in the Villa shop?

General, I remember a few years ago when Villa (or more specifically David O'Leary) were hauled in front of the FA for making a casual, innocent, remark about wanting to sign James Beattie and were found guilty of attempting of "tapping up" the player.

What Liverpool have done today is far, far worse - they have used their local paper, knowing full well that the story would find its way to the national press, in a deliberate attempt to unsettle our captain whilst showing no regard for our club or our 2 important upcoming matches. I know the club wish to remain professional etc, and I dont expect you to attempt to give a definitive answer here, but is there any way that the club would consider reporting Liverpool to the FA over this?

General Krulak here:

1. First off, if this issue is the "acid test" for our Club, then heaven help us. Let me, once again for the record, state the following: Your Club does NOT want our Captain to leave. MON's comments are spot on...they represent the EXACT feelings of Randy and the Directors. We ARE a top tier Club and will act that way in all of our dealings...we are professionals and we will act that way. If our Captain wants to go to Europe, what better thrill, challenge and "high" than to lead our Club to that "Promised Land"??? He knows we want him...he knows our vision and goal...and he knows he will be compensated properly. At the same time, if he wants to play for another Club...if he doesn't want to wear our colours...then it doesn't make much sense to say "no." I think we should all settle down a bit and trust MON and Randy...trust our Captain...and let this play out.

I trust you General!

General,

We understand that at the end of the day this decision comes to Gareth.

BUT, please get a very good price for him, as I worry that this summer with the new TV deal, there will be stupid stupid money thrown around. Just because (if he does go) Gareth will be one of the early summer deals don't accept a deal of pittance like £10m, there WILL be bigger money spent on far worse players this summer.

We've been taken to the cleaners so many times over deals, let's try and get good money if we have to sell.

Well General I think we know what's in Gareths mind then, ah well! Time to secure the best possible deal for the club so we can spend on players who care for this team,

semper fidelis!

General,

are there any plans to fix the leaking pipes under the Trinity Road stand (the bit over the road). It may only be noticable on match days when the facilities are in use but should be fixed as people always walk under it on matchdays.

First off, if this issue is the "acid test" for our Club, then heaven help us.

Well, I'm afraid it is an acid test. This is the first major issue that's fallen at the door of the board and many will see the outcome as pivitol to where the club is heading.

While I agree the club has made major progress both on and off the pitch, fans are still waiting for major incoming transfer deailings. This may sound harsh, but we have had many false dawns only to have the rug pulled from under us.

Regardless of what deal is struck, Gareth will be very difficult to replace. Players of his calibre are all playing in the 'big 4' so we cannot tempt them meaning we will bring in someone inferior such as Sidwell, or gamble on a foreign player. Add the effect on the younger players who look up to Barry, the media perception and the message it sends to not only to our fans but those of other teams and I think it's fair to say this is a 'test'.

Give it your best shot! :thumb:

General there was no keg beer on sale today in the Trinity, one of the girls said it was something to do with the beer going out of date, can you just advise why?

Hi General,

Queued for about 15 mins at half time - in the Trinity road (and missed a little of the second half) to get a cold drink, only to get to the front of the queue and find out they have sold out. Surely its not too much to ask that the fridges are stocked up!!

Cheers

General Krulak here:

3. Mrs "K" has not been to Villa Park yet...she will come next season. She is a HUGE fan of football...played the game herself...but NOT right back so no help there!! :D

ha ha, class. :lol:

General,

We understand that at the end of the day this decision comes to Gareth.

BUT, please get a very good price for him, as I worry that this summer with the new TV deal, there will be stupid stupid money thrown around. Just because (if he does go) Gareth will be one of the early summer deals don't accept a deal of pittance like £10m, there WILL be bigger money spent on far worse players this summer.

We've been taken to the cleaners so many times over deals, let's try and get good money if we have to sell.

Id like to reiterate this post. General... tell Randy to hold out as much as possible for Barry.. considering Carrick and Heagraves both went over 20 mil and they were behind Barry for England just goes to show how much hes worth. Barry is still young with so much experience.. a captain.. and of real quality. Anything less than 20 million is robbery. Im sure they know.. but pass it on.. the fans would be furious if he leaves.. but if thats the only option.. it will help if Villa finally get a decent return off him.

General

You're going to read a lot of critical things on here after yesterdays result and the news of the Liverpool bid, my message is try and ignore it. I'm sure you're as disappointed by yesterdays result as everyone else and even the most blinkered amongst us know that the decision to leave is in Gareth Barry's hands. I just want to thank everyone involved at the club for the most enjoyable season I've had at Villa Park since the late 1990's.

Chins up and lets push on for next season!

hi General, can i say the season has been one of the best by a long way for a number of years not just the position in the table but the way in which we play our game and not give in like in other years gone by when things go pear shape so well done to all there :winkold: .can you tell me please when Randy took over at Villa did he have a plan of were he wanted us to be in the time frame in which you have been with us, as i see it we are ahead of target and all is looking good for the future....Up the Villa :winkold: