General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Each to their own obviously but I personally couldn't support any other team other than Villa. I would ask how you know your support will be anymore appreciated down at Walsall? I haven't seen Bonser spending millions on the club lately and I am sure their ticket prices will have risen at some point in the last year or so.

this thread is for Questions for the General, not other supporters. use pms for that - thanks, Blandy

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

A lot of people seem to be asking the same questions on various threads so can you clarify.

Will the people who renew season tickets be using the same card for entry next season, or will a new one be sent ?

I would presume new ones will be sent as a) wat about if someone buys your seat , B) it has 32red written on this years one.

Cheers

Paul

Paul just to speed up your answer i have been told we are using the same season ticket card and though i dont know what happens if you swap seats the card does not have any sponsorship on at all. I would like to add to Pauls question. What happens if you have a different seat?

Hi General - Hope your trips to Texas/Utah have been successful. I just wanted to ask you, with the sudden availability of Mr Edelman from Arsenal, will Randy and the board be reconsidering a direct replacement for Richard Fitzgerald?

I am sure you are aware that Edelman was Managing Director of Arsenal, overseeing the new stadium project, the sale of the old stadium, and generally the most successful period commercially in Arsenal's history. I would have thought Villa would be the perfect 'new challenge', that he is seeking.

Finders fee's are also welcome:)

Thanks General

General Krulak here:

3. I will be off the net until Sunday. Today I begin a week long trip...I go to Houston for a Freeport McMoRan Board Meeting then on to Salt Lake City for a Union Pacific Board Meeting then on to B'ham for the Wigan game. I will try to get to a computer along the way but cannot promise anything. Simply put, I have to get back to my "day job"...just as you all.

Damn, if i had known you were coming to Salt Lake, i'd have thrown on my Villa shirt and come hunting for ya...to get a General K autograph and a quick hello! :D

Home you enjoyed the scenery up here...moved here in 2004, and the mountains just take my breath away..

and hope you told Union Pacific to keep their noise down! ;)

Up the Villa!!

Hi General,

I went to the club shop in Brum yesterday with my 10 month old lad for the very first time and was very impressed, up until I asked where all the baby clothes were kept. The reply I got was upstairs. As there is no lift in the shop I was unable get the pushchair up those stairs as I was on my own, so I left the store very dissappointed and with one very dissappointed baby :lol: . Could you have a word with the store manager to suggest that the baby items are moved down stairs as I am certain that other people have been in this position and the shop has missed out on sales.

UP THE VILLA

Craig

General Krulak here:

1. On a stop-over in Philly...will be catching a plane to UK today.

2. Villa TV: This is something that we will look into.

3. Mrs "K" has not been to Villa Park yet...she will come next season. She is a HUGE fan of football...played the game herself...but NOT right back so no help there!! :D

4. We do scout players world-wide.

5. music8832: Obviously you do not read my posts very carefully. I have already explained that you totally misunderstood my comment about someone else "buying your ticket." To continue to use that comment as a rationale to give up your tickets is, in my opinion, unfair. I have explained the comment and put it in perspective...you obviously have decided to disregard what I wrote. You also have decided that a pm to me would be a worthless exercise...again, your decision. I wonder if there is any other Club in the Premiership who has a Director who has asked a fan to pm them so that there might be a dialogue and possible resolution to the fan's issue?? I doubt it. But the offer has been made to you and you have just blown it off. If you want to go support another Club that is your right. If you want to blast me on this site, that is your right. I just hope that the rest of the readers understand that I did not insult you...that my comment was taken in the wrong way...that I re-stated my comment to be clearer...and that I offered, twice, to engage in a personal dialogue with you and that you said, "thanks but no thanks." I am not sure what else I, as a Director of the Club, could do to be more forthcoming.

6. I really have no info on the size of our waiting list nor on the mechanics of how the new swipe cards will work if seats are changed....I will ask Nicky Keye to give me info on this.

7. mark8691: Yes, Utah is a VERY beautiful state. Salt Lake City, sitting in the valley surrounded by mountains, is truly a sight to see...especially swooping down from the air.

General Krulak here:

2. Villa TV: This is something that we will look into.

Great idea General, especially for us fans who are outwith the country.

Quick question for you regarding Gareth Barry, it has been muted that Liverplop are about to launch a bid of £10million for our Captain (no smoke without fire). I would suggest that this is absolute arrogance of the highest order if this is indeed true, as I would value Barry at around £20million.

Barry has been one of the most consistent performers for Villa over the last years and this is a commodity that is very difficult to replace without the worthwhile funds.

Thanks again General for your time!

Up the VILLA.

Following on from the Barry comment, I also hope Villa play hardball with any club that wants to buy our players. Look at the noises that are coming from Porto (20 Million for a RB), any player we are interetsed in the price quoted is always high. Curtis Davies and Ashley Young took us forever to close the deals. I fear that MON will say Barry has been a good servant to the club so if he wants to leave then he can. Someone needs to say OK put the price on his head is 25 Million, so lets see who is still interestsed. If they value Barry at 10 Million, then a return bid of 1 Million for Carson and 2 Million for Crouch should be perfectly acceptable to them.

General,

as alluded to above, a direct swop of Barry for Carson would hardly seem a great deal from our side (Liverpool may disagree).

Equally, we cannot be obsessed with one player. If he goes he goes and thanks for the good times.

Let's please just make sure MON has a decent budget and next August the majority of people on here will be saying the squad is stronger than it was. Well, maybe not August - I'm guessing MON may be a better manager than me as I wouldn't have bothered with Harewood or NRC. But you know what I mean.

Hi General

On the Barry issue, obviously the decision on whether he stays or not lies ultimately with the player but I really do hope that Villa make Liverpool pay well over the odds if God forbid he does leave us. They are a top 4 club and there is no way we should do them any favours whatsoever. Quite the opposite in fact, especially after the way in which they have disgracefully announced their interest in Barry in public.

This is the biggest test that the club has faced since Randy took over in my opinion. If we can hold on to Barry it will make it clearly known to the footballing world and more importantly, to our own fans, that we are deadly serious about breaking the top 4. If Barry goes then I'm afraid many fans will see it as a big failure on the clubs part and the media will delight that Barry has finally moved to a 'big club' and will scoff at Villa's claims of Champions League aspirations.

It will surely only be a matter of time before Gabby and Ashley are also shamefully tapped up as well and so the club needs to set a precident now. Pay Barry whatever he wants, promise him the world just don't let him leave!

If they think Jermaine Pennant is worth £7m we need to wring every last penny out of them for Barry. I realise that we may lose him, thought I'm far from resigned to it, but if we do sell him, but if we sell him we need to get an amount that will enable us to buy an equally good, if not better player.

I don't know why I'm saying this really, I'm sure you're well aware of his value and that you won't be letting him go cheaply. And if we do get rid of him you will spend the money to replace him with another world class player.

Don't let us down General, I'm sure you won't.

7. mark8691: Yes, Utah is a VERY beautiful state. Salt Lake City, sitting in the valley surrounded by mountains, is truly a sight to see...especially swooping down from the air.

Maybe you can post some pictures :D

Hi General

Please can we make an official approach to Liverpool for Steven Gerard.

I am sick of the press assuming that GB will go just because Liverpool have come knocking. I actually think he will go but let's give them something to put in their pipe and smoke at the same time

Thank you

You know General the more I think about it the more I really am pissed off by how Liverpool have acted in all this. they have shown us no respect. First of all there are the leaks a couple of weeks ago of their interest and now they appear to be back stirring it up again. I am pissed becuase of the timing, their season is over but ours is very much still going and yet they show no consideration to being disruptive influence on our team. If you think about it, it is in their interest to unsettle Barry and have us miss out on Europe becuase the odds of him leaving will dramtically increase if we do. Will someone within Villa make a statement of their displeasure, I know MON has said a couple things but soemone on the Board. We are not buidling a team for ass-holes like Liverpool to cherry pick our talent WHEN they feel like it and they need to be told as much. I was not a fan of Chairman Doug but he would have stuck the middle finger up at them and slapped a ridiculous price on Barry's head. As someone said today Barry, tomorrow Young. The board need to send a message - DON'T MESS WITH RANDY!

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously I am not involved in transfers...and have not been since the beginning. At the same time, we are not some small time Club that serves as a "feeder" to other Clubs. You can be assured that MON and the Board have expressed our feelings in the manner and place where they should be expressed. "Sticking a middle finger up at them" may make an individual "feel good" but it is not the way to get results. Before everyone gets carried away, let's just see what happens.