General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

First of all, to echo many others, fantastic win, Please pass on congrats and thanks to MON, the squad, Randy, and you.

Second, forgive the history lesson, but a few years ago when John Gregory was manager, he got us to the top of the table at xmas, and needed 1-2 new players in January to push on and give us a realistc chance at the title. The then board did'nt support him and the momentum was lost.

Now i'm not suggesting that Randy wont support MON this summer, but we are at a similar point of momentum, and HAVE to capitalise on it. We all know now what this squad is capable of, and are hugely grateful for thier efforts this season, but they need help next season to push on to where we all want this club to be.

Many thanks

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear General

Fantastic result; needless to say though. My friend Polly was at the game frantically texting me about the goals etc, I just hope that you do the right thing and Contact this Gold guy and send him some "Fizzy pop" as an apology for the thrashing we gave them... im sure he would appreciate some to get used to it for next season :-P

with regards to the violence after the game, would the two clubs consider having only home support at a game?

General,

I trust you enjoyed your first derby. I hear you enjoyed a little sing song in the Holte afterwards but I'll say no more as the papers will start muck spreading again :winkold:

I really hope Randy enjoyed it, apart from winning silverware it doesn't get much better. I assume that it was for days like that, that Randy got involved with AVFC and I'm delighted that the team gave him something back, he deserves it.

Safe journey home, hopefully see you at Wigan.

General ,

First of all thank you for popping in yesterday and meeting a good mate of mine a Blue Nose who thought you were a proper bloke , think thats a nice compliment and that after you pulled your hand away when you realised he was a Nose . Funny and he took it in the right way .

Terrible news about the lad who passed away and apparently in his local pub Yenton in Erdington his freinds were in tears . Puts things into perspective .

Hi General - it was fantastic to see you in the Lower Holte yesterday, I can't imagine that could happen at any other Football Club in the country, especially on derby day.

You and Randy have really made this Club come alive again - I am so greatful.

Up the Villa :flag:

Hi General,

I just want to echo what loads have said already, that I am grateful for all the effort of everybody at Aston Villa. To witness such a success as that against our local rivals was unbelievable and one I remember forever!

I hope you had a great experience and have got the bug for many more like that with the Villa.

All that the club is doing is amazing and I have never been so proud to be a supporter of this club as I am today. In fact, I am so amazed at the result that I cannot even bring myself to take the pee out of the Blues fans that work with me because I feel so sorry for them! :D

General thanks for signing the programme of the man who sits next to me for his granddaughter, he was thrilled.

Also, we are always asking you questions, what question would you ask the fans?

General, i think we should have some sort of remembrance for the fan that died at the wigan game.

Maybe a minutes silence to remember one of our own. What an absolute travesty.

On a positive the game was unreal! Did you hear the noise? is it louder than the barrage of AK47's you have no doubt come face to face with?

P.S. Krulak for president

UpTheVilla

Hi,

It has been said many times and many ways most of them more eloquent but just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in taking the club forward. Just after the 5th went in yesterday I took a look around the ground and had a tear in my eye the place was so alive, more alive than I have seen it in 10 years.

I know you will deflect the praise on to MON and the boys that seems to be your style (a word your counterparts at Birmingham will never understand) and that is one of the reasons the fans hold you in such high regard. But we the fans know nothing that MON has achieved could have been done without Randy and the team behind him.

I'll stop now before I start to ramble but thanks hopefully days like Sunday will let you know just what it means to us.

TrentVilla

General Krulak here:

1. First, a request for help!! The Birmingham City Council have put the Club on notice regarding persistent standing. We can incur fines, etc. if this is not brought under control. Obviously, Randy, the Directors and the Club encourage standing and cheering the team over good play or to motivate. The problem is the issue of persistent standing. We recognize it is not just our fans...it is away fans to and we will be addressing them. At the same time, it does involve our fans and it could cost our Club dearly. Please help on this one. :winkold:

Ahem. After Sunday's game perhaps you understand why this is so difficult!

please don't post such large pictures

(Cough) :clap: :wink: :hooray:

Hi,

It has been said many times and many ways most of them more eloquent but just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in taking the club forward. Just after the 5th went in yesterday I took a look around the ground and had a tear in my eye the place was so alive, more alive than I have seen it in 10 years.

I know you will deflect the praise on to MON and the boys that seems to be your style (a word your counterparts at Birmingham will never understand) and that is one of the reasons the fans hold you in such high regard. But we the fans know nothing that MON has achieved could have been done without Randy and the team behind him.

I'll stop now before I start to ramble but thanks hopefully days like Sunday will let you know just what it means to us.

TrentVilla

General, I am sorry but I had to second this

Thank you and Randy so very very much for giving us back our pride

You're a top man General - as are the rest of the new board.

I don't think you guys have put a foot wrong since you took over and it's absolutely fantastiic !!!

Thanks again - the mosaic is just fab, but to be honest, I didn't expect anything else !

General,

I just want to echo what has been said on here many times already, and ask you to pass on my thanks to you, Randy, your fellow directors, MoN and the squad and everyone who has an input into the developments at our club for making me feel nothing but pride. Pride at the history being restored when I walked past the beautiful Holte Hotel, and then seeing the mosaics in all their Glory! Pride at the passion of our fans and their determination to make sure the 12th man was as effective as possible, and who are so obviously behind the team and the club. And finally, pride at the efforts of the men on the pitch, who fought from the start to the end, and showing that this meant as much to them as it did to us!

It's this feeling of pride that has stopped me from gloating to all the blue noses I know (which is hard when your brother and best mate are both noses). I don't feel I need to gloat as I'm sure, because they saw what we saw yesterday, they are jealous as hell of us! God knows, if i was them I would be!

If anyone ever asks why the club came up with the line "Proud History - Brigh Future" they only had to experience yesterday for the answer!

Up The Villa!!

General,

Apologies if this has mentioned already. As you know the Wigan game will be the last home game for Olof Mellberg. I was wondering if the club had planned something special for a send off for him. Perhaps Yellow and Blue cards for the supporters to hold up that when You look at the stands show the Swedish flag our spell out thank you Ollie or something?

General Krulak here:

1. I just got back to the US and I want to give you my view of the weekend. First and foremost, I could hardly sleep Saturday night...I haven't felt that fired up since Desert Storm. Randy and I decided not to sit in the Director's Box...not because of the Gold situation but because we honestly wanted to be with the Fans and see the game from their perspective. Randy spent a good deal of time standing in the Trinity. I spent 20 minutes each in 4 sections of the Holte. SIMPLY PUT, THE DAY WAS AWESOME!!!!! First, the game. I thought the lads never looked better. The pace was dramatic, the play in the center of the field was brilliant...Petrov looks like the man MON signed...NRC has an engine that will NOT stop...and our Captain, well, he was superb. His passes were spot on...all the time. The back line was tight and strong...defending well and pushing forward when needed. The picture of Mellberg coming off the Pitch and pumping his fists will last with me for years. John Carew was unstoppable. They mugged him and still couldn't stop him. Young and Gabby were absolutely too much for anyone to handle. EVERY player was magnificent...and perhaps the best stop of the day was MON's "handball" on the line!! The group I have not mentioned is obvious....YOU, THE FAN!!! Oh my goodness!!! The fans were unbelievable!!! I confess I have not heard such language since the Forces but I loved it. The folks in the Holte End were great...friendly and put up with me in a very kind manner. I had a great view of all the stands and the noise was overpowering. It was great!!! About 2 hours after the game, Randy and I slipped off by ourselves and sat in the Director's Box....the stadium was totally empty....and we just savored the moment. It was the best 15 minutes I have spent at Villa Park. We just sat there and relived the game and, more importantly, the last two years. So much came back to you all...the fans. We are blessed to have people like yourselves...we couldn't be more blessed. Yes, we know things won't always be perfect...and we know we will not always get it right. BUT, please believe me when I say that Randy does want to do the right thing for your Club. :notworthy:

2. After the game and after Randy had gone back to London, I visited 4 Pubs to thank the Fans for their support. First stop was the Barton Arms where I ran into about 15 fans from H&V (I know, a rival site but...they are fans) and had a great time reliving the game. Again, my point in going to the Pubs was not to drink but to send a message of thanks from Randy!!! :D:D