General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I have been searching the official site for details of stadium tours and the corner flag restaurant. I am interested in making a group booking for a tour and meal on a Sunday. Unless i am looking in the wrong place i can't find details anywhere. Surely this is the sort of detail that should be readily available on the site? Tour times and prices, restaurant opening hours, sample menus, wine list, prices etc. I'm sure if this was more widely visible more people would book.

Business Villa.

Thanks, but you have to register for business villa....not everyone wants to do this....this info should be readily available imo....

General Sir

Just got back from the Theatre of Doom, no gripe about the result, the team or the fans who once again stood head and shoulders above any other supporters.

Main reason for concern, is that there were at least 6-8 Manure fans in our section today, all wearing shirts and/or holding megastore bags. I suggested to numerous stewards and old bill that this was just asking for trouble, however, they would/could do nothing about it. I did see some Villa fans ejected and it seemed that the CES stewards and GMP were only interested in throwing out opposition fans.

Could you please pass on any suggestions as to who I can bring this concern/complaint up with, FA or Manure themselves.

Many Thanks

Re: Man Ure.

General, in light of our destruction by Man Ure I believe that Villa need to have at least two or three quality additions to the first team XI as it is apparent that we cannot compete. I understand that the team works hard and there is no fault in that however at times we seem unable to string more than a few passes together.

Of most annoyance is that Villa's worst record in our history is against this team and further exemplified by the fact that we haven't beaten them in the league since 1993! I and no doubt many others are fed up of being trounced by them every season but it is unfortunately predictable, many indeed forecasted a 4-0 scoreline!

In essence unless we are to concede to Man Ure every season it is imperative that we must sign some players that would maybe be worthy of their team, at the moment Villa are light years away from this.

This is no criticism, because I and many others are thankful to you, Randy and O'Neill because there has been progress. However, we need to invest in quality and not squad players. Next season Tottenham will be very much our rivals as they will undoubtedly spend big. Everton too will spend as will Man City and Newcastle, Villa cannot be left behind; signing the likes of the Jimmy Bullard's of this world will not get Villa challenging these teams let alone the 'Top four'.

Thanks for your time General and I wish you well.

I think there is no leadership in our team. Perhaps we should organised a leadership week with the Army for a week for our players.

General you should take care of this personally drive them to a remote location with nothing but the clothes their wearing and a swiss army knife

General Krulak here:

1. Sad game!! Simple as that. ManU, once again, showed that we are still a distance away from where we MUST be. Beating a Chelsea, coming close with Arsenal and Liverpool...all means nothing when we are so outclassed by ManU. There is no question that they have a powerful, attacking, team...but they also have depth and strength across the Pitch. We need to continue to build our squad....we need depth and strength. As I have said many times before, Randy, the Directors and MON all see the play on the Pitch...the good and bad. We know what we need to do. Randy WILL support MON this summer.

2. Yes, we will beat ManU...we MUST beat them to get to where we want to be.

General, I like you honesty after each defeat and your determination that we will get there in the end.

I just hope everyone involved with the club knows we will never reach where we want to be signing players like Routledge and Salifou. They dont add anything to the squad and we'd be better off with young hopefulls coming through.

General,

I'd just like to give a big congratulations to out Under 18s squad and coaching staff for winning the league. It is a fantastic achievement and I believe our academy is something everybody associated with Aston Villa should be incredibly proud of.

However, the only mention of it on our OS is a very brief match report of our game versus Ipswich where we clinched the title.

I'm sure you agree this is a fantastic achievement for our young lads and we should all be proud of them so I think it would be nice for the OS to 'celebrate' it a bit more. Maybe add some video highlights of key moments from the season, stats from each game, interviews with the players and coaching staff asking for their views on our win etc etc.

There may already be something planned to celebrate this, I'm not sure, but just thought I'd mention it anyway.

Cheers.

General ,

I went to the Corner Flag yesterday and have to say that the food was first class as good a Sunday lunch as you will get anywhere in Brum for the price . Infact have to say that its far better than the Holte Pub and I use the Holte once a fortnight at least entertaining clients in the area . The Holte Pub is a fantastic place and Randy has done an excellent job on it but logistically for food its not the best . The carvery system doesn't work when you are upstairs and is even worse if you take any older people with you and they have to carry their food up the stairs .

Would it be possible to change the upstairs to ' fine eating ' and downstairs just for the carvery ?

General

Do you envisage there being a waiting list for season tickets over the next year or 2? I ask as i'm not going to be in a position to renew this year due to travelling committments, but will almost certainly be getting one next season (2009/10) when i'm back full-time.

Best regards

General ,

I have a 2yr old Daughter and 8 month old son that will follow the right path in being Villa through and through. My questions is why is the club charging so much for infants kits?

It costs £30.00 for a replica kit for ages 3 months and up. Young children will be the clubs future fans and money surely something can be looked at regarding this. There is nothing i'd like to see more than see my kids in the claret and blue shirt but can't justify something that will be out grown pretty fast.

Childrens kits granted are priced at accordingly but for infants you have to purchase the shorts and socks as a complete package.

Even with our kit changing next season and reductions being made across the kit range the price remains top whack for infants.

I'm sure many other VT posters who have Children/Grandchildren would like to see cheaper options available. Is this something you could look into?

All the best

Tony

General ,

I have a 2yr old Daughter and 8 month old son that will follow the right path in being Villa through and through. My questions is why is the club charging so much for infants kits?

It costs £30.00 for a replica kit for ages 3 months and up. Young children will be the clubs future fans and money surely something can be looked at regarding this. There is nothing i'd like to see more than see my kids in the claret and blue shirt but can't justify something that will be out grown pretty fast.

Childrens kits granted are priced at accordingly but for infants you have to purchase the shorts and socks as a complete package.

Even with our kit changing next season and reductions being made across the kit range the price remains top whack for infants.

I'm sure many other VT posters who have Children/Grandchildren would like to see cheaper options available. Is this something you could look into?

All the best

Tony

General, I couldn't agree more

I was always astonished at how much they cost.

In the end I buy a large one and wait till they grow into it. If it were cheaper I might have bought one every year.

At the end of the day they will only fit an infant kit for a couple of months. It also annoyed me that I had to buy the whole kit when I only wanted a shirt therefore adding to the cost.

Thanks for your time

Hi General,

I mentioned this to you before but think it may have got lost in all the other posts.

Would it be possible for Villa to set an example to the rest of the Premier League by following Rugby's lead by having an in house rule where only the captain can speak to the ref? I know Villa do not have a major problem with this but if we could set the standard then maybe other clubs will follow. I believe only Barnet do this at the moment and their bookings have been reduced by a huge amount.

Dave

General not sure if I have asked this or had a reply to this elsewhere but what sort of music do you listen to? I recently started listening to Country music like the Rascal Flatts song My wish and its actually not too bad, just wondered what genre of music you like and do you go line dancing?