General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General krulak here:

1. You all know Randy...he will play this totally straight and above board. He is a sportsman and will act as such. We will go to the game and watch MON and his lads win...we will then entertain them at Villa Park, at a fair price, and apply another defeat to them. We will not do anything other than play it straight. There is no question that we hope fans go to the game...the Squad needs them there yelling!

Gen,

I can fully appreciate this is a "tad" early, I know you've got more important matters to sort, and I may be getting carried away a bit, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

If (hopefully) we reach the cup final - can I ask something. Can the club pleeease treat as it as a special occasion (espesically teh FA Cup). One thing that really narked me in 2000 was that the club never did anything to make it a special occasion.

You may / may not be aware that (really up until about 3 yrs ago) it was tradional the cup finalists had the "cup final song" - most famous examples - Ozzies dream (spurs), Come on you reds (Man U), Liverpool Rap (obvious). All were released and all charted (Man U getting to No.1). In 2000 , Chelsea did one called Blue Day with Madness and it got to about No.15 - what did Villa do - absolutely nowt !!! - first time in 43 yrs and absolutely nowt - they treated it like just another game,

If (we pray) we get there - please do it with style !!!

General krulak here:

1. You all know Randy...he will play this totally straight and above board. He is a sportsman and will act as such. We will go to the game and watch MON and his lads win...we will then entertain them at Villa Park, at a fair price, and apply another defeat to them. We will not do anything other than play it straight. There is no question that we hope fans go to the game...the Squad needs them there yelling!

SIR! YES SIR!

Whatever the price General, we will be there and they know it thats why they want £55 from us

General krulak here:

Confident of victory then General?

Good man... beating them is a wonderful feeling. It will be something you never forget when you experience it for the first time.

General krulak here:

1. the Squad needs them there yelling!

General,

Just another one of my crazy thoughts, but if that much is true then why not get the players to put their hands in their pockets to drop the prices for this game?

Lets say we have a 2,000 allocation, at £55 per ticket this amounts to £110,000 in the filths coffers. If the players had a collection and raised £55k then the prices could be dropped to a very reasonable £27.50 per ticket. I'm sure that £55k spread across our senior squad is a paltry amount of money to professional footballers, and I reckon this would make great PR as well. 'Mercenary' modern day footballers helping out the fans and actually paying them for their support on hostile territory, who'd have thought it? :winkold:

If players want to make donations for something then they should be for charity not to a hard up football club. If prices are £27.50 that could actually mean that I may not be able to get a ticket for the game as the people who come out of the woodwork for certain games would get there first. Those that want to go most will have one less night out that week or make some other sacrifice and will be the ones that make the most noise.

Someone at Aston Villa needs to take a stand against this, whether it be the board, the fans, the players or even the tea lady who might get the chance to piss in Golds coffee at VP.

It's all very well saying you're unhappy about it, all very well saying we're going to be sporting about it and all that, but someone should DO something about it.

General,

Just to give you some positive feedback.

My wife decided that she was going to splurge on some Aston Villa gear for me on our 2nd year marriage anniversary. She ordered the gear on Tuesday 11th September (Australian Time) and arrived seven (7) days later on Tuesday 18th September. For the gear to be delivered from Birmingham to Brisbane in Australia, within seven days is great, and the club should be congratulated.

It's been hard to find the new Aston Villa gear in Australia, and far easier to buy online, and cheaper in the long run.

Sorry I don't agree with all this about the club subsidising things... I certainly don't hink we as fans should just expect them to do that. Randy and the board have been very generous over the past 13 months and I don't think people should be putting the onus on them to sort out the mess created by the shite through there own pockets. The best way is to try and discredit SHA and show them up for the shower they really are.

Sorry I don't agree with all this about the club subsidising things... I certainly don't hink we as fans should just expect them to do that. Randy and the board have been very generous over the past 13 months and I don't think people should be putting the onus on them to sort out the mess created by the shite through there own pockets. The best way is to try and discredit SHA and show them up for the shower they really are.

Completely agree, people just keep wanting more, more, more

I feel it is very important that, as a matter of principle, there is no acceptance of the extortionate and abusive level of pricing that small heath intend.

It is not a case of accepting the situation, and making some adjustment/subsidy for one game. It is WRONG and contemptible what small heath are trying to do, and must be opposed by the club, in my view.

As said earlier, Albion stood up to the same thing last year. If they get away with it once, they will always do it.

General,

Just read the article on the official site with regards to the Everton game and balloon festivities, you said "it is not right that fans should have to pay for the balloons and we hope as a club we will able to take care of that in future", although I admire the generousity of the club, I still think that we as fans should pay. If the club are prepared to pay for the balloons, still charge the fans but contribute money received for these to local charities, I think people would be inclined to get involved for different feel good factors.

I agree with a couple of others with regards to the club not subsidising tickets for St. Andrew's, it is not and should not be expected of them. I would also not like to see Blues fans charged over the odds for their tickets upon going to Villa Park, it would seem like our club was being petty.

General,

Just read the article on the official site with regards to the Everton game and balloon festivities, you said "it is not right that fans should have to pay for the balloons and we hope as a club we will able to take care of that in future", although I admire the generousity of the club, I still think that we as fans should pay. If the club are prepared to pay for the balloons, still charge the fans but contribute money received for these to local charities, I think people would be inclined to get involved for different feel good factors.

I agree with a couple of others with regards to the club not subsidising tickets for St. Andrew's, it is not and should not be expected of them. I would also not like to see Blues fans charged over the odds for their tickets upon going to Villa Park, it would seem like our club was being petty.

The match day experience is expensive and getting so many balloons hard so if the club want to help, let them. This needs momentom and if the club help it will.

gen,

I don't agree that the club should subsidise, however, I do believe that a complaint should be made to the FA.

£55 for a ticket, whether it's blues, Wigan or Chelsea is just a totally obscene amount of money to charge any fan - whether its the villa or not.

Every year it has been the same arguament - it was first about £40 , then about £45 now £55 if they are not challenged it will just keep going up over the years.

Nothing our club can do about this game, but please on behalf of the whole league try to get this rip-off stopped.