General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Over 24,000 season tickets sold to date. Liverpool is now a sell out. Over 30,000 tickets sold for Inter game.

2. We have tried VERY HARD to ensure that away fans are not seated in with Villa Fans. Obviously we cannot ensure everyone is in the "right" seat. We will deal with away fans in a professional and respectful manner...we do not want to appear brutish.

3. GOOCH: How old is your daughter? Where exactly are you going to be sitting?

4. Archives: We are building them now. We have a prodigious amount of material that we are sifting through. Much of it was left scattered about Villa Park...stored in cupboards, laying on the ground in a closet, etc. VERY sad. We are getting it all together, cataloguing it and getting it sorted out and in good shape.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Archives: We are building them now. We have a prodigious amount of material that we are sifting through. Much of it was left scattered about Villa Park...stored in cupboards, laying on the ground in a closet, etc. VERY sad. We are getting it all together, cataloguing it and getting it sorted out and in good shape.

its amazing to hear that it was stored like that. Thanks Gen & co for having so much more respect for it.

And people say nothings changed?!

General are you familar with Dashboard Widgets?

If not check out this link:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

I am sure a man of the world like yourself is using an Apple Mac not some God awful PC! - My point here General is that both Mac (Yeah!) and PC (Boo!) have their own widgets engines whereby users can get quick access to radio/news etc direct to their computer desktops. A lot of sports teams including many British football clubs have developed their own Widgets to keep their fans informed of news in an easy and bitesize way. Do you know if Aston Villa have thought about doing so? And if possible could you ask the person concerned if they could create one?

Cheers.

James

Its about time people realised and started to appreciate what you are doing here at villa park.It seems to me that because the big money signings havent been bought that people have been moaning about broken promises and ive even read somewhere on here that maybe its not so different to the deadly doug days,wake up all of the none believers what randy and the general are doing here is the work of god in my opinion they are building this club up again from the bottom where doug left it,if mon decides players are costing too much for what they are worth well lets get behind him and not av a moan every 5 mins id love to have seen some big names come in but with the exception of NRC who will turn out to be an all time great at villa(wait and see)we havent seen them.Id just like to say thankyou general for all youve done and are continually doing for all villa fans and one day soon hopefully maybe the doubters will say yeahh they new what they was doing back then :winkold:

NeilS, as the General has said, Villa are trying very hard not to allow non Villa fans in the home seats at Villa Park. Many games at Villa Park will be sell-outs (including Chelsea), so bringing your wife would deprive a Villa fan from seeing the game. I would politely suggest that your wife watches the game with her fellow supporters in the section of seats specifically designated for away fans. If this option is not available then please don't bring your wife at all, like I said, its not fair on other Villa fans trying to get home seats.

can we move this discussion now please to the thread for discussion of away fans in "home" seats. blandy

I'm sure the great new minds at VP have already thought of it but it would be amazing to be able to access such an archive online, for example being able to browse every issue of The Villa News and Record. I know that sounds like an almighty task but really it would only take a couple of enthusiastic young lads a couple of months with a couple of scanners and the priceless content would be protected and accessable for generations. The same goes for photographs and other archival material. Should the new site have a subscription or premium content section the added value would be immense and make us the envy of the football world. Should the News and Record issues be elusive then we could easily turn it into a community collaboration, getting all the collectors to scan and upload their personal copies. Throw in an added incentive: cash, coupons, prizes and it would be done in no time.

I for one would be more than happy to pay a fair fee to pass the day digesting articles and features from programmes of a bygone era, recently I have the privillage of flicking through the 1957 FA Cup Final programme that Jack kept behind the bar at Nevada Smiths in New York, I honestly could not put it down and would love to read more.

General are you familar with Dashboard Widgets?

If not check out this link:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

I am sure a man of the world like yourself is using an Apple Mac not some God awful PC! - My point here General is that both Mac (Yeah!) and PC (Boo!) have their own widgets engines whereby users can get quick access to radio/news etc direct to their computer desktops. A lot of sports teams including many British football clubs have developed their own Widgets to keep their fans informed of news in an easy and bitesize way. Do you know if Aston Villa have thought about doing so? And if possible could you ask the person concerned if they could create one?

Cheers.

James

I was actually in the process of developing one for myself (for Vista) so if there is something in the offing I wouldnt bother. On the other hand if I can help my club out by providing then that would be very enjoyable...

General, having heard you saying there will be (sort of) a 3rd kit on VitalVilla, I was just wondering if you could let us know when we get to see the kit as i'll have to soon decide which of out new kits to buy as I can't get them all.

Keep up the good work!

OK, let me re-phrase this. My wife has been to a few Villa games as a Villa fan (and none of them had sold out before anyone says I've denied anyone a ticket). She is more of a Chelsea fan although I'm working on it.

My question is, Would it be a good idea to have a mixed area? Family area I guess? Where people with the same problem as me can go and sit together?

I don't condone any vocal support of the away team in home areas and wouldn't tolerate it as I know how annoying it is. I was just wondering if there was such an area at Villa Park. It would appear not. I suppose there isn't the demand for it.

For me if she sits and watches the game there would be no problem mate as I said above I have one ticket for the Liverpool game booked for my cousin.

There is a new thread entitled Merged Away fans in home seats I expect you will find further information on whether your practice is okay in the other thread (legally it is wrong, I suspect over 90% of Villa fans would say it is morally wrong as well). The mods tell us to save this thread for questions/comments for the General.

General Krulak here:

1. I will be out and about before, during and after the game...as always. I will try to hit every stand.

2. We are planning to archive the Club History in our museum and on line. Both will be at no cost to our fans.

3. I am certain that we can have a description of the new kit posted...let me talk with John Greenfield about it.

Aoeey if this has been answered but whats the latest on getting Villa World free for season ticket holders?
Ok - 1st post - since this VillaWorld issue has cropped up and I think a bit of guidance would be useful. I live in the States and used to subscribe to Villaworld in the bad old days. One day when I tried to log on I was rejected as my subscription had lapsed. Apparently my credit card must have expired so there was no automatic renewal. I didn't get an email or any kind of communication asking me if I wanted to renew, so basically I decided if that's the way they wanted it screw 'em! Wasn't very good anyway, and now we get most of the matches anyway and all of the goals.

I like the idea though of subscribing to show my support for and membership of the Villa family. Two issues - 1) there are rumours about it being free for all, or free for season ticket holders, but why should anyone fork out the money when tomorrow it might be free. 2) It really pisses me off that if you are an ex-pat, or just a Villa fan overseas, you have to pay extra as you have to use a credit card. That is old Deadly world thinking that if there is a bit of a higher cost doing things one way I'll just stick it to the fans.

With the new season upon us therefore I think a bit of guidance on how the subscription piece will be working would help us ditherers, and fixing what at face value seems to be a silly admin fee and making the price the same for all would at least get me back on board.

Oh - and so as to be sure nobody thinks I've just joined to moan - GREAT weekend in Columbus - thank you so much for coming down and sitting amongst us - and is it true that we should actually be pronouncing your name Crrrrreeeeeewwwwwwlak?

Hi General, I see you've mentioned regarding the away fans situation.

I was wondering if anything has been set in place regarding the away fans that sit in the 'sponsor' seats in the North Stand?

My seast in the end of an isle right nest to these seats and last season I was subjected to taunts and laughte.

This season, although i hope results will be better, I am attending with my 5yr old and am worried that he will witness such events.

By the way, stewards say there is nothing they can do as they are in "special" seats.

Hope you can understand the problem.

VB

Hi General. Now that Liverpool has sold out, new season ticket buyers will get a game less.

Are there any plans for the prices to be discounted accordingly?

General this is a really strange question but who at the club has a vehicle reg number of

V111A US , on a pretty new looking Bentley

Its ok i've seen this vehicle a couple of times (once in Walsall and once in Erdington) , just wondered if it was Randy

I wrote to the club about Man U fans in the Doug Ellis a few years ago and got a decent response off Lee Preece saying that if the stewards can spot them, they'll chuck them out.

I remember when we played Liverpool in the league cup (the one which took hours to start) about 6 Liverpool fans got chucked out the Doug Ellis for cheering when Liverpool scored. Before they were checked out, they were spat at, swore at and one fan went up to them and said "get your dirty scouse c*** out of here now". And she was a woman.

This is exactly why away fans shouldn't be allowed in home areas- it just isn't safe.

General, if a season ticket holder was to buy a ticket in the home area for an away fan, would they risk having their season ticket taken off them? I'd assume they would, but I'm just checking.