General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

Kudos to you and everybody else on board at Villa Park for the stunning work so far, good job!

I just wanted to point you in the direction of this article posted by our own "Blandy". (Apologies if somebody else has already notified you of this.)

It's just a very well written piece in reaction to the savage over reaction by some after the recent Harewood signing. I though it offered a good counter point to some of the "angry" posters and also offered some perhaps gentle constructive criticism........... Its a good read if nothing else.

Keep up the excellent work and thanks for everything so far.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Just wanted to say it was nice to see some training pictures on the OS, it has certainly whet my appetite even more going into this new season. I was wondering whether this could become a regular feature on the OS, perhaps a weekly review of the training sessions without giving too much away to our competitors?

Thanks

Jon

General, could you possibly give us a brief overview of the area's of responsibility of the board members. Not the day to day stuff that the executive members do but just a brief one or two lines on each member?

General I know you've already sort of answered this but the squad numbers is quite an issue. I was on the awesome new official shop this morning and i wanted to order my new shirts (i say shirts as i'm going to order Home, Away and training top) bu the problem is I want to order an Agbonlahor shirt but I need to know his sqaud number.

I realise the numbers thing is all dependant on who MON brings in. Just making you aware that sales will probably shoot up once the squad numbers are on the shop site.

Anyway thanks for everything.

Proud to be part of General Krulak's Claret and Blue Army.

Danvandal

general will the kit be on sale in general sport shops in australia. I would buy from the OS but the deliverie would be alot of money

also does the away kit have a claret version of the white lion of the back of the home shirt

general will the kit be on sale in general sport shops in australia. I would buy from the OS but the deliverie would be alot of money

also does the away kit have a claret version of the white lion of the back of the home shirt

LT you have left this message a few times and i guess the General would just ask you to contact someone at the shop with him being in the states right now. I know it would be an expensive call so will find out myself for you bud :winkold:

hi general,

i was wondering is there any plans of selling Browns jerseys in villa village????? oh and while im asking is randy planning on selling villa shirts in the cleveland browns store??????

thanks for ur time.

metalhead_villain

browns jerseys are sold in the villa shop as you can see from that shot. far right

4yu35gk.jpg

General,

With the Inter Milan friendly just 15 days away and (to the best of my knowledge) no season ticket cards having yet been sent out, can you reassure us that the club have a plan in place to ensure their delivery in light of the proposed postal strike?

Please don't underestimate the uselessness of the British postal service!

OBE

General,

Just a quick question re: Holte Hotel.

You may have been asked this before, so apologies if you have.

I am just wondering if it will be possible for fans to hire it out for private functions, such as 21st/40th Birthday parties, and if so what the cost would be?

Cheers.

General,

With the Inter Milan friendly just 15 days away and (to the best of my knowledge) no season ticket cards having yet been sent out, can you reassure us that the club have a plan in place to ensure their delivery in light of the proposed postal strike?

Please don't underestimate the uselessness of the British postal service!

OBE

Mine came this morning, I'm sure lots of others did too!

General Krulak here:

1. As I have indicated before, Richard is making large strides in getting our brand and product around the UK and the world. It takes awhile...need to get stores to purchase, locations identified, etc. Nike is helping. Ireland will start to see much more of the Villa brand.

2. Jimmygreaves. I read the post and, for the most part, I agree with what was written. I do think that MON has been more proactive with the media and fans...trying to articulate what his 'plan" is...than given credit for. I find an article from MON about every 3 or 4 days talking about the squad. He just isn't talking about specific players until he gets them...which is smart.

3. Jobs of Board Members: Bob Kain is overall strategic marketing...and involved with both Browns and Villa. He is thinking the "big" picture in marketing...and knows many people in the business. Richard is the CEO and works closely with Bob on sales and marketing. His remit is NOT in the player arena but in marketing. We have folks in US (associated primarily with Browns) like Mike Keenan who also has a great deal to do with marketing...and bringing the two organizations closer together. Robin is the CFO...pretty obvious what he does. I do windows. I am the old man of the group...have worked with Randy for many years...help "think things through"....help Randy in whatever he needs.

4. VAT. That is one I will leave to others. I don't know diddly-squat about VAT and would imagine that you all could get the answer far faster than I can.

5. Yellow card...thanks for getting the answer for LT_1993.

6. Browns shirts are, in fact, sold in the shop. That was a picture of the Browns shirt...stripes on sleeves. Villa shirts will be sold in Browns' store.

7. Ticket cards are in the mail now....all should start receiving them today thru next week.

8. Yes, the Holte will be available for "special events."

General ,

Was at the box holders event yesterday another very impressive improvement on previous years the event was very professional and interested to hear the focus on bringing Business Villa to the Birmingham communities and the work you are doing with the schools . I asked a few questions to Richard Fitzgerald one can we make the Villa DVD part of the school curriculum as after watching it any doubts you had who should follow would be dispelled :winkold: . Great piece of marketing though !

I badgered him into confirming his statement regarding ' top class signings would be made ' and telling him he would end up being judged on that one statement alone by some Villa fans . He confirmed there would be additional top class signings and in this transfer window ! but obviously no indication of who even though he did seem to raise a smile at certain info I had about one particular forward !

See the new ' downtown ' store is going to be IN New Street in conjunction with Nike . The one thing that struck me was the amount of activity going on and is a credit to all of you how much you are taking on .

He tells me Randy has a particular liking for the Newcastle United cathedral stand so are we to expect the NORTH STAND at some point maybe 3 years time depending on demand will be along those lines / style :?:

He certainly has got a good team around him Mr Lerner can't see him worrying about who to sign for his off the field team he seems to already have the top team . :lol:

General Krulak here:

1. PLEASE..................Richard does not have ANYTHING to do with player signings. JUST LIKE ME!!! A "smile" about a "particular forward" means absolutely NOTHING...zero, zed!!! Confirming "top class signings" is NOT confirming anything. PLEASE...let's not get into this again. Richard is like you...or like me...he is a HUGE Villa Fan and wants the VERY BEST for the Club. BUT, we all must realize that he does not have anything to do with player selection. As I have said time and time and time and time again, "players are the remit of MON with Randy in support." We got ourselves in a turmoil over the same sort of thing just a short while ago. PLEASE listen to what I have to say...MON and MON ALONE (with his coaches/scouts) make the player calls...and Randy supports. Richard, the General, Bob Kain, etc. etc. have nothing to do with players and have NO INSIDE INFO!!!!! If any of us did, we would be foolish to say anything lest we harmed the transfer effort. BUT WE DON'T!!!!

hi general

can you please look into this. posted it earlier but this went unnoticed:

i was in the middle of signing up for the new online store when i found that my home country(estonia) wasnt listed on the country menu?

in the previous version it didnt allow credit card payments from estonia so i had to send my stuff to freinds working or studing in europe. had hoped this was solved but not this way.

cheers

long time estonian fan

päärn