General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Lots of questions re. standing. Bottom Line is that we will stick by the regulations and will not "walk point" on this issue. We have so much to do...so many things on our plate...that to have our CEO or owner pick up the banner on this does not make much sense. If other Clubs started pushing for it and we were asked for an opinion or support, then we might engage on it. I just don't think you all want us burning our energy on this issue when we are trying to build a squad capable of winning consistently.

2. Not to worry, my love affair with Tranmere was side-tracked when I got my Claret and Blue blood transfer.

3. Area 51. I am sure that there are training areas all over our Country but none with the "mission" that is attributed to Area 51.

4. Randy and I will be at both games on the tour. Obviously we will be looking hard at developing the "Villa Brand" in the US and Canada. Bob Kain and Richard will be working that area hard.

5. Special deals for S-T holders. Yes, there will be "goodies" throughout season.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

For all those villa fans travellin to the U.S, would it be possible too have a visit scheduled with randy and maybe a few players too reward our loyaltyl!?

I know you will be busy but i think meeting with randy is every villa fans dream, just literally to tell him how much of a god he is? maybe a few players also? - barry? agbonlahor? sneijder? Mellberg? ...!

Cheers!

General

Any chance of getting Kent Neilson back for the Inter game? I am sure he could still hit a screamer for us against them. A 5 minute cameo would be nice. Speak to Sid Cowans he is probably still in touch with him.

Might be worth getting Phil King on the bench also in case any penalties need taking!

General

1. Will there be any more open training days down at Villa Park next season ? It was brilliant last time, though my kids were disappointed that all the players ran off the pitch into the tunnel after and only the goalkeepers stayed around to meet and greet.

2. I know we will be having a new kit this year and that we will have a new one the year after because of contractual reasons. Will we be changing our kit annually after that or bi annually ? Some take the opinion that changing shirts every year is just a way of ripping more cash off the supporters. What are your feelings on this ?

General,

I know that it is quite righly your general policy not to speak about transfer issues, but I just wondered whether, bearing in mind that this is firmly in the public domain anyway, you could confirm whether or not we have actually bid for Nigel Reo-Coker? There are some conflicting media reports on this one but the BBC are sure we have and people are getting rather worked up about it, and if we havn't actually bid for him then we could all save some of our energy! Of course, if you feel it would be inappropriate to comment then you do not have to.

For all those villa fans travellin to the U.S, would it be possible too have a visit scheduled with randy and maybe a few players too reward our loyaltyl!?

I'd be interested in this ..When i went to the Ostrava v Villa game back in 1990 we even flew on the same flight as the players so were able to chat to them in the airport lounge before the flight , get photos etc .. I can appreciate the club may wish to keep the flight details confidential and let the players relax but if at all possible it would be nice if fans could try and get on the same flight .........

I'd be interested in this ..When i went to the Ostrava v Villa game back in 1990 we even flew on the same flight as the players so were able to chat to them in the airport lounge before the flight , get photos etc .. I can appreciate the club may wish to keep the flight details confidential and let the players relax but if at all possible it would be nice if fans could try and get on the same flight .........

How big is Randy's jet?

general,

just wondering when the season tickets are sent out...

bougbt and paid for mine about 5 weeks ago or so, and was just wondering how long it would be before i recieved it...

not that im impatient or anything..

:lol:

General

At lunch time today in Bham City Centre I walked past Carl Chinn (well known Historian and Villa fan mentioned previously in this forum).

He was obviously setting up to film with a TV crew so not wishing to disturb him or hassle him I just said "Up The Villa" on my way past. He quick as lightning stopped what he was doing immediately thumped me (not too strongly!) on the arm and said "Allright there mate, great days, great days".

General, this reminded me that he is a top bloke as well as Villa though and through.

I am not sure what your plans are for the opening of the Holte Hotel but I am certain he would make a perfect compare and no doubt talk a little bit about the history of the place.

Just a suggestion.

Also, I agree with earlier writers, AV floodlights (even for decoration) would be a nice touch, certainly bring back my childhood memories anyway.

NB - forgot to mention, I write this post immediately after putting my season ticket renewal in.....the post

Great post about chinny! :winkold: That guy has claret and blues running through his veins and loved seeing him walking out the normal seats and not jumping on the freebie wagon when working for the BBC he could so easily.

JC, Any chance of editing the stupid question like UFO's and such as its embarrassing? the mods are trying to strike a balance between keeping the thread manageable for the General, allowing people to have their say, whether mods share the view or not, keeping the thread on topic, but not losing all humour. Some posts are deleted straight away, some left for a day or so, and some left permanently. We try to get it right, and apologise for when we don't. Posters can help us and the General by broadly adhering to the guidelines for the board and this thread in particular - "General Krulak's thread is for Q&A, the raising of issues and the passing of info two ways. It is NOT for discussions or banter between posters. Please look to see if your question has already been asked or answered before posting.". Blandy

Though i loved the AV floodlights lets be realistic here, we have more important things to get sorted out at Villa, most of which has been mentioned.

General, Its the first time i have seen people buy season tickets just by having faith in the manager and directors alone. i am included in this. Nice one!

Got my tickets and hotel sorted for columbus. "the crew" said that they would like to arrange a post game party for the fans, with club representatives in attendance. Certainly for the fans living in the U.S. and not able to get to the games like we used to, it would be the icing on the cake. If the opportunity arose it would be a great privelege to meet you General.

I'd like to thank nyvillans for a greatjob of keeping the fans stateside well informed of ticket and hotel information.

Dear Sir,

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this if they have then please disregard this posting.

I have just received the pack containing the brand book and DVD for which I thank you. It is absolutely brilliant except for one minor point.

In an earlier part of this thread you said that the corporate shade of claret would be standardised - take a look at the DVD – whilst its case is claret the actual disc is, unless I'm colour blind, a shade of pink!!

Given the mess up with the new crest logo t-shirts I think this is all a bit embarrassing!

Gerry Hitchens

Hi General K,

Firstly I'd like to say what a great job you're all doing and that I still think this is some kind of weird dream ... anyway.

I'm currently deciding where to have my Season Ticket next season... I have a 5 year old son whom I will be bringing with me to most games, my question is will the concourse in the North Stand be refurbed for next season? Obviously the prices reflect the level of facilities in that end of the ground but as it is the family enclosure it's where I feel most comfortable taking my son (less bad language and so on), problem is the toilets and the cages around the food outlets etc don't exactly make for an overall great matchday experience.

If there is no planned work yet, I will probably go in the lower holte, but any info will help me make my mind up for sure !

Up the Villa !

Dear General

Further to recent posts about the fans wanting to adopt some new songs and the difficulties this presents with people's likes and dislikes, I know you said that you were asking Phil Mepham to get involved but I'm not sure if you've had a chance to read the Utter Chant's thread but we've got a few suggestions for songs to be adopted for Villa, to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory, a really great song for Reo Coker (Should he sign!) etc.

Is there anyway we could get a selection of them recorded as happened a few years ago with the Dwight York, New York, New York song but this time maybe the fans could have a selection to choose from with words in the Programme/Giant TV screens maybe and see what they wanted to keep? Maybe this could form some sort of Pre match entertainment for a few games and would give a chance for everyone to vote with their feet so to speak? Surely it wouldn't be hard to get a choir of supporters down to a studio for a day and some musicians to record a few songs that could be played over the PA system??!! I'd certainly be willing to help in anyway I could. Any that went down really well could then be maybe sold in the club shop as a CD or available for Download from the AVFC website.

We really DO need the club to get involved with this if anything is going to be moved on as many have said.

I would appreciate your thoughts, and thanks for all your hard work.

Julie B