General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

Re. the new CEO...I did not indicate that you would necessarily "know" the individual although you might. What I said is that you would like the name...particularly after you look at his experience in the areas that are critical to our Club as we move forward. Remember, we have a great Manager who is exceptional at evaluating players, motivating players, and "coaching" the players he has. We have an owner who has huge experience in the Sports arena and has roots in the UK and is well-respected in the FA as the "new guy on the block." What we need now is someone who, on a day-to-day basis has the experience and leadership ability to move the Club forward across a gamut of activities.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General Krulak here:

Re. the new CEO...I did not indicate that you would necessarily "know" the individual although you might. What I said is that you would like the name...particularly after you look at his experience in the areas that are critical to our Club as we move forward. Remember, we have a great Manager who is exceptional at evaluating players, motivating players, and "coaching" the players he has. We have an owner who has huge experience in the Sports arena and has roots in the UK and is well-respected in the FA as the "new guy on the block." What we need now is someone who, on a day-to-day basis has the experience and leadership ability to move the Club forward across a gamut of activities.

Lokks like it may be someone who worked for the FA, Adam Crozier, Graham Kelly... Mark Palios? Lock up your daughters! I thought Trevor Birch always knew what he was doing.

General-Can the villa introduce a scheme where people can pay for there season ticket by monthly direct debit and also to make it so it is not means tested,i think that would swell up the amount of season tickets dramatically,i think it is something you could start up quite early in the new year which would give people the opportunity to budget accordingly,i for one would look at doing thisand i think many others would too.

General-Can the villa introduce a scheme where people can pay for there season ticket by monthly direct debit and also to make it so it is not means tested,i think that would swell up the amount of season tickets dramatically,i think it is something you could start up quite early in the new year which would give people the opportunity to budget accordingly,i for one would look at doing thisand i think many others would too.

I agree with you mate, i am finding it a struggle getting the money together for whole year as i IT Contract and have periods when i'm not working :( a monthly scheme would benefit me and many others

General Krulak here:

What we need now is someone who, on a day-to-day basis has the experience and leadership ability to move the Club forward across a gamut of activities.

Don't we just, someone permanently UK based too I hope.

Sounds just about perfect General, here's hoping

General Krulak here:

1. Don't forget that Randy was Chairman and I was CEO of MBNA Europe Bank, Ltd and we understand both credit and debit cards. The card we would need to look at would be debit.

2. Correct, we need someone who is in the UK 24X7.

I'm liking how you are keeping us guessing with regards to the new CEO! Is there any possibity of the first person who guesses correctly before the announcement getting the full VIP treatment with yourself at VP on matchday?

General

I dont know whether this idea is feasible but maybe it is something that you could ask the relevant people to give the once over.

As you can see from these boards alone, Villa has many, many avid fans overseas or who live some distance from Birmingham and for obvious reasons cannot attend many (if any) games each year. .

Would it be possible to offer these fans (or indeed anyone that wants to participate) a subscription service whereby they can receive on say a bi-monthly basis, a dvd/cd showing all of the clubs home games (and away?) for the proceeding two months? The scheme could be run along similar lines to mail order music or book clubs. Members would agree to commit to say a season and pay a periodic subscription. Mr.Ellis our Former :D Chairman reputedly said that the club had a worldwide database of 500,000 fans. If in reality it is 200,000 and 10% of this number subscribed to such a service, in my opinion, it could generate £1-2 million in revenue per season at substantial profit margins.

Prior to Randy's takeover when this idea was floated as a way of raising funds it received a very positive reaction from many fans that I corresponded with. I may be wrong but I dont know of any other club that offers such a service.

I realise that there maybe rights and licensing issues with Sky and other broadcasters but feel that this could be a moneyspinner for the club. Although I am a season ticket holder I for one would definitely join such a scheme and greatly enjoy building my "collection".

From a commercial perspective it would also enable Villa to build a large continuity database of subscribers from which other profitable opportunities could arise and help promote Aston Villa as an innovative and global brand.

General Krulak here:

By now all have seen the announcement of both our new CEO and new CFO.

Richard Fitzgerald has been named the CEO of Aston Villa FC. Richard worked for 18 years with IMG (sports, entertainment and media group). His last assignment was as Senior VP and Head of IMG's New Media International business. His clients include the F.A. Premier League, KNVB, Manchester United FC, The Wimbledon Championship and the European Golf Tour. Richard KNOWS sports, he KNOWS the FA, he KNOWS marketing, and he lives in the UK and will be moving to Birmingham.

Robin Russell has been named the CFO. Robin served 12 years as CFO of MBNA Europe Bank, Ltd...he was the CEO whilst Randy was Chairman and I was CEO of the Bank. We know Robin very well and can assure the Fans that he is a superb choice.

These are two great individuals who will bring their immense experience and talents to our Club. You all will be happy!!!

As an aside, someone asked on another thread about salaries. Obviously I should not discuss the salaries of these two additions to the Club BUT, I can discuss the salaries of the Directors. No Director is paid!! We are doing our job for zed!! We love Aston Villa FC, we consider it an honour to be a part of Aston Villa FC and we respect Randy! That is pay enough!

General, these appointments are fantastic, while obviously never having heard of either of them there's no way we can doubt the quality of them, will be absolutely awesome.

Great to hear you're doing your job for nothing as well, get Randy to buy you a house in Birmingham as a thank you!

I can discuss the salaries of the Directors. No Director is paid!! We are doing our job for zed!! We love Aston Villa FC, we consider it an honour to be a part of Aston Villa FC and we respect Randy! That is pay enough!

Thanks once more for the extended news and I presume 'payment' in :cheers::cheers: from fans will be more than acceptable

Sir,

Excellent appointments and again thanks for the updates. With these will you be relinquishing any of the internet postings you have carried out recently? I hope not as they have been excellent for all of the fans. From speaking to fans of other clubs they are amazed and jealous of the approach you have taken talking directly to us in this way.

cheers

Ian