Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Don't know what they measure as mistakes but in my eyes he has made quite a few through the season..

No chance he will be called up to England, Johnson is the number one choice and walker is the second..lowton is a long way away from the squad

They'll want to take a look at him so I think he'll get a call up over the summer, if there are any friendly fixtures around then.

I like Matty Lowton a lot. He's had a good season and yesterday he scored a great goal.

But I think the calls for an England cap are premature. He has some serious competition. Obviously currently Johnson, Walker and Smalling. Maybe Micah Richards too. Additionally, there are players like Jenkinson, Naughton, Clyne who have also all had good seasons in the top flight.

There is a promising batch of right backs in this country currently. I think, at the moment, he's ahead of the likes of Kelly, Byram, John Stones, Jack Hunt and Nathan Thompson... but in a couple of years? Who knows if he still will be?

• Like 1

Don't know what they measure as mistakes but in my eyes he has made quite a few through the season..

No chance he will be called up to England, Johnson is the number one choice and walker is the second..lowton is a long way away from the squad

They'll want to take a look at him so I think he'll get a call up over the summer, if there are any friendly fixtures around then.

I like Matty Lowton a lot. He's had a good season and yesterday he scored a great goal.

But I think the calls for an England cap are premature. He has some serious competition. Obviously currently Johnson, Walker and Smalling. Maybe Micah Richards too. Additionally, there are players like Jenkinson, Naughton, Clyne who have also all had good seasons in the top flight.

There is a promising batch of right backs in this country currently. I think, at the moment, he's ahead of the likes of Kelly, Byram, John Stones, Jack Hunt and Nathan Thompson... but in a couple of years? Who knows if he still will be?

I've drawn up a stats table of the competitors for the England RB position. Smalling is primarily a CB so is not included in the table.

Kyle Walker looks the best RB overall.

Glen Johnson in comparison is very wasteful with possession - frequently dispossessed and gives a lot of turnovers. He is a very creative attacking WB (loads of key passes) but compared to Walker (even more key passes) very wasteful.

Lowton is too easy to get by which is probably explained by the step up from Division One. He is getting used to the speed and tricks of the Premier League players. Next year he will almost certainly be better on this statistic. He is not frequently dispossessed and doesn't give a lot of turnovers compared to the others. This goes with his 0 defensive errors stat - he's concentrates well on his defensive duties.

Lowton's passing % needs to be higher. Though he has recently made some great crosses, he needs to make better use of possession. Other RBs are creating more key passes than him.

2im458w.png

I see Geoff "Big_John_10" Shreeves is covering everybody's french fries in urine again.

Do you really want this to be a site where someone posts how great everything is and everybody agrees?

Our defence is abysmal. Goal of the season does little to change the fact this is one of the worst defences we've ever had.

You ignore that though just so you can post some happy things.

Nope.

And once again I never said you shouldn't piss on anyone's chips.

You have every right, after Lowton has scored an incredible goal, to come into the thread and remind us all about how shit our defence is and about how you don't think lowton is that good at defending.

And I have every right to remind you that when you do, it makes you sound like a miserable bastard.

Played every minute fr us in the premier league after being in league one! Miles better than clogger Hutton for half the price and is probably worth twice as much as we paid for Hutton

Miles better?

59 goals in 32 games would suggest he's not.

And what have we seen more of this season? His wonder goal or his awful defending that led to their equaliser?

Goal of the season no doubt but defenders are signed to defend.

yep, miles better.

You used to be an excellent poster to read and debate with. I think you've let your original views and comments regarding Lambert completely effect the posts you now make.

not sure the need for the post on poster bit. Fact is we agree on a lot, on lambert we differ it seems. But this is a thread about lowton and quite simply regardless of the managerial situation I think lowton is miles better than Hutton. Do you think he isn't better than Hutton?

He'll create more space in the box for us now from corners. Oppositions will have three players man marking him.

I know that was tongue in cheek, but this is the reason I'd like to see our players shooting more. If a player gets a reputation for clattering them in from distance, the defence simply cannot give him space, which will create room for our other attackers to get in around them

He'll create more space in the box for us now from corners. Oppositions will have three players man marking him.

I know that was tongue in cheek, but this is the reason I'd like to see our players shooting more. If a player gets a reputation for clattering them in from distance, the defence simply cannot give him space, which will create room for our other attackers to get in around them

it wasn't that tongue in cheek :)

Perhaps I shouldn't have written three players man marking him but yeah I agree with you.

Oppositions will worry now I think, or at least have him on their minds ( :wub: ) and it could result in what you've stated.

I was out in the back garden earlier trying to recreate the Lowton goal. Basically 3 balls over the fence :-(

I doubt many people have a back garden big enough to properly recreate that goal.

Tribalism aside, I think it is pretty close between Lowton and Remy. Remy was moving faster, had to compose himself at speed and had to side foot it into the net.

Tribalism hasn't really got anything to do with it. Lowton's goal was obviously better.

Â