General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask any wolves fan about doyle..the boy was fletcher! double figures every season,doyle is the route into the championship but if thats the sort of player randys going to pay for..you get what you pay for! you reap what you sow

Vlaar and Dawson would be good.

Although I said from outset I had my doubts about a Clark\Vlaar partnership - even i thought it would last longer than 1.5 games !

We need experience though so would welcome this

No need to go for Dawson. We need a LB and our defence is literally complete. We have young, hungry defenders which we have recently brought it, it will take time to form a good defence but the future looks good in that department. Aslong as we keep on to Baker. Attacking midfield and our strikeforce is the department we need to improve on. Fonz simply doesn't cut the mustard, Gabby is injured, Andreas is looking good. I do however feel we need a target man, we have been lacking one for some years now, ever since Carew was released.

No need to go for Dawson. We need a LB and our defence is literally complete. We have young, hungry defenders which we have recently brought it, it will take time to form a good defence but the future looks good in that department. Aslong as we keep on to Baker.

I would say that our defensive unit looks very shaky and that it is destined for relegation. Given is over the top and looks unfit, we all know goalkeepers at that age at least have to take care of themselves. Look at van der Sar and Buffon in that regard. Dunne is in the same category, he seemingly does not spend enough time in the gym or focus on being at the peak of his physical shape, thus he struggles with the tempo, his pace and also constant injuries. Over the top of course, and struggles with bad tackles and poor reading of the game. Warnock does not seem to be interested at all and I expect him to be sold within a week. He just needs a new club and new motivation. As for Lichaj, Baker, to a degree Clark and Lowton - my general impression is that none of them should be regarded certain starters for a Premier League-club. I am all for testing youth and giving them games, but they cannot all be relied on at the same time and they will have huge dips in form even if they are fully focused. That is in the nature of being young and especially for a defender where every mistake can turn into a goal unlike if a midfielders loses the ball because of his missed pass. The defensve players are few in numbers, they lack in ability and they are too young and inexperienced. Ron Vlaar will be a solid player without a doubt, he wins headers and leads the backline properly - I have no concern about him. Alan Hutton is probably much better than Lowton at present time, but every fan hate him and he seems to be out of the club. Not singing his praises of course, but he is experienced and he has shown some promise at times, that is why he should play now when we struggle so much. He is less likely to make stressful mistakes compared to the younger alternatives IMO. Enda Stevens I haven't seen much, but he was not brought in by Lambert and probably has a very short career ahead of him at AVFC.

All in all I have huge concerns about our defensive squad and it needs new blood fast! It is futile to suggest players as it never ends up that way, but there are numerous players out there worth a shot. I would love for us to sign Vorm from Swansea, although he would be in demand and they would take a higher fee than most would feel was right. Class shotstopper like Given was in his prime, but much younger and agile. I too like Michael Dawson, it is not long since he was regarded the first player on the sheet for Spurs before Kaboul suddenly decided to not be Titus Bramble #2. Strike up a loan-deal for Kyle Naughton if they don't want to sell him. Is Ferreira at Chelsea still there and without a club looking for him? Although deemed not good enough for Chelsea, certainly much better than all of our defenders. This season is not about being too proud to loan players, it has become a sole mission for avoiding relegation and right about now I would take 17th in an instant. Not because we lost two games on the trot, but because I struggle to see a squad that is worser than ours in the entire Premier League.

i'll tell you one thing for nowt...

i'm very worried about the lack of interest in scapegoats Hutton and Warnock

they better leave on deadline day for a few million quid otherwise Lamberts handling of their situation will be a complete and utter disaster

Dawson and Vlaar would be a great partnership, said it before.

Not sure about that, Dawson + Vlaar = no pace.

Better than what we currently have. Faster than dunne.

Dunne may be a big clumsy oaf with a turning circle like a french car but he is easily faster than Vlaar, Clark and Baker and probably Dawson too.

Its way too soon the be writing off the Vlaar Clark partnership. Vlaar only two premier league matches, Clark only a handful played at centre back, only two competitive matches they have played together. Its going to take time for them to develop a partnership as right now they are not a partnership just two players playing next to each other.

Also you guys must realise that they looked quite solid against Wet Spam (we are still terrible on defending crosses and corners though) and against everton we had to deal with Jelavic who has exception movement and antiscipation, and felliani who Vidic found far too hot to handle last monday, the guy is a beast.

Left back is far more pressing than CB. I would also like to see us sign a proper goalscoring midfielder, I think that would be a massive help. Especially now Gardner is out for the season as he had the potential to be that midfielder goalscorer. We need Gabby fit and to keep him fit, then I think we will look much more effective in attack. This time last season we would have lost our early fixtures if it weren't for Gabby, so him being out now I beleive has highlighted how important he is to us.

i'll tell you one thing for nowt...

i'm very worried about the lack of interest in scapegoats Hutton and Warnock

they better leave on deadline day for a few million quid otherwise Lamberts handling of their situation will be a complete and utter disaster

How can you blame Lambert for Hutton & Warnock?

Dawson and Vlaar would be a great partnership, said it before.

Not sure about that, Dawson + Vlaar = no pace.

Better than what we currently have. Faster than dunne.

Dunne may be a big clumsy oaf with a turning circle like a french car but he is easily faster than Vlaar, Clark and Baker and probably Dawson too.

Dream on! Dunnes top speed ain't bad but his acceleration is horrendous! Clark and Baker are both quicker than Dunne.