General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

That Incognitoavfc twitter is tweeting again.

Just a load of nonsensical motivational phrases. The kind you expect from someone in middle management that has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Really hope it's not got any actual affiliation to Villa.

Actually, his latest two tweets are quite promising:

All growth depends upon activity. There is no development without effort, and effort means work. Work is taking place

There are risks & costs in action,but the time for action is now.It's never too late to do something.Paul has a plan in place.

Exactly Mantis

For the good of our club - I really hope incoginito isn't Faulkner

Why for the good of our club? Whether its Faulkner or some spotty teenager bored out of his mind it really doesn't matter. People are looking at it as wishy washy bullshit, which in general it is, but it also talks about growth relating to work and work happening now and the time for action is now. So amongst all the bullshit, if it is linked to the club and as Mantis pointed out, then surely that is a sign that transfers are being worked on.

Its just moaning for moaning sake.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things to expect from the @INCOGNITOAVFC account next week:

I don't live by "The Rules" you know, and if there's one person who has influenced me in that way of thinking, someone who is a maverick, someone who does 'that' to the system then it's Ian Botham.

Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty... satisfaction. That's what I'm... you know. Trust people and they'll be true to you. Treat them greatly, and they will show themselves to be great.

We should make a new thread "shit @INCOGNITOAVFC says"

A penny saved is a penny earned

This as far as I can tell, from reading the Times today, is in the process of happening. In that Lambo has asked Faulkner for the go ahead to sign Defoe, I assume that is because Defoe would take him over the said agrred wage budget until other players are sold.

Really dont see this as a runner as then we will have two strikes who cant hold up the ball, win flick ons, bring midfielders into play, give our defense some relief in general... i see any striker signed being brought in to do this and to leave Bent to what he does best....score goals...

Every club, bar Chelsea, City and United (after losing the top spot) has a sell to buy policy.

Would be crazy to not have it. And very irresponsible.

No they dont....QPR, Southampton, Reading, West Ham, Norwich, Newcastle, Fulham, Sunderland...

Just a question I've wanted to ask for a while but didn't know where to ask it.

But how does the ownership of a football club work?

When we make a profit, does it go to the owner pockets? or does it go in the clubs banks?

Why does there have to be owners in football? Why can't clubs just run on what they've got?

Some of these are probably stupid but have just been bugging me!!

Thanks!

No they dont....QPR, Southampton, Reading, West Ham, Norwich, Newcastle, Fulham, Sunderland...

Just one example I could be arsed to find, but counting more outgoing players than incoming........

Southampton Transfers – August 2012

17th August 2012 – Jonathan Forte – Southampton to Crawley – Loan

18th August 2012 – Lee Barnard - Southampton to Bournemouth – Loan

Southampton Transfers – July 2012

6th July 2012 – Steven Davis – Rangers to Southampton - Free

19th July 2012 – Nathaniel Clyne - from Crystal Palace to Southampton – Undisclosed

20th July 2012 – Paulo Gazzaniga – Gillingham to Southampton - Undisclosed

20th July 2012 – Tommy Forecast – Southampton to Gillingham - Loan

28th July 2012 – Dan Harding – Southampton to Nottingham Forest - Undisclosed

Southampton Transfers – June 2012

10th June 2012 – Jay Rodriguez – Burnley to Southampton – Undisclosed

15th June 2012 – Bartosz Bialkowski - Southampton to Notts County – FREE

20th June 2012 – Ryan Doble - Southampton to Shrewsbury - FREE

Southampton Transfers – May 2012

21st May 2012 – Harlee Dean – Southampton to Brentford – FREE

29th May 2012 – Lee Holmes – Southampton to Preston North End - FREE

Just one example I could be arsed to find, but counting more outgoing players than incoming........

Southampton Transfers – August 2012

17th August 2012 – Jonathan Forte – Southampton to Crawley – Loan

18th August 2012 – Lee Barnard - Southampton to Bournemouth – Loan

Southampton Transfers – July 2012

6th July 2012 – Steven Davis – Rangers to Southampton - Free

19th July 2012 – Nathaniel Clyne - from Crystal Palace to Southampton – Undisclosed

20th July 2012 – Paulo Gazzaniga – Gillingham to Southampton - Undisclosed

20th July 2012 – Tommy Forecast – Southampton to Gillingham - Loan

28th July 2012 – Dan Harding – Southampton to Nottingham Forest - Undisclosed

Southampton Transfers – June 2012

10th June 2012 – Jay Rodriguez – Burnley to Southampton – Undisclosed

15th June 2012 – Bartosz Bialkowski - Southampton to Notts County – FREE

20th June 2012 – Ryan Doble - Southampton to Shrewsbury - FREE

Southampton Transfers – May 2012

21st May 2012 – Harlee Dean – Southampton to Brentford – FREE

29th May 2012 – Lee Holmes – Southampton to Preston North End - FREE

No, Rodriquez cost around £6 million, all the outgoings were for free so doesnt present your counter argument fairly as the rodriquez deal says 'undisclosed' when that deal alone cost more then what they received from the outgoings, plus im sure his wages alone equated to all there championship, league 1 wages combined, even if he did come from the championship

Would you take out a second mortgage and buy your next house before having an offer on your current one?

If I was a billionnaire who had just pocketed another billion I would.

If we can't shift hutton and Warnock will it bankrupt us? It won't be ideal but with the prem money going up this year, finishing higher should cover that issue.

But they still released players in order to get new players in.

If the wages of the 8 players they release or loaned out equate to the wages of Rodriguez then it can be argued there sold to buy.

Also why would a player from Burnley's wages equate to the whole squads Championship and League 1 wages combined? Interesting theory.

as per my potential ITK status mentioned last night, my mate the football agent is at VP tomorrow for a meeting. will see what goss i can get from him

Any update on the fella who became an agent last week striking some big deals at VP today mate??

i sent him a text about half hour ago - no reply as yet. he did send me a picture of 8 black guys from the back of various shades of colour and asked me if i could guess which one we were signing and who it was though

Would you take out a second mortgage and buy your next house before having an offer on your current one?

If we can't shift hutton and Warnock will it bankrupt us? It won't be ideal but with the prem money going up this year, finishing higher should cover that issue.

Will sleep very soundly knowing that you dont, and never will have anything to do with the clubs finances. #notaclue

Quote:

As we're running at a loss it might, should anything happen to Lerner and his cash. Depends who we would sign and on how much and if Warncok and Hutton are both sold next week or both pull a Habib Beye on us.

Will sleep very soundly knowing that you dont, and never will have anything to do with the clubs finances. #notaclue

So you wouldn't have signed Peter Withe - because we couldn't sell David Geddis ?

I bet O'Neill knocked on Lerner's door every transfer window saying that. It's one thing having ago at Lerner for his record over the past 2 seasons but it's another wanting him to make the same mistakes again

So you wouldn't have signed Peter Withe - because we couldn't sell David Geddis ?

wtf has that got to do with the here and now?