General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I wouldn't mind either Huddlestone or Adam. I would like somebody capable of pushing the game on from midfield though.

But Huddlestone sitting with KEA should really solidfy us. We need some attacking options though.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huddlestone might be a decent fit, he can pass a ball and he's got the size we're missing - he's also not played all that much for Spurs of late in so far as I'm aware, so he might be available. The negative I have on him is that he's a little bit too much like what we've got already. (but bigger)

I personally think an attacking midfielder should be the priority. I get the feeling Lambert sees KEA and Delph sharing the defensive work, at least given how he set us up yesterday.

I don't see us getting enough goals and assists out of Ireland and N'Zogbia.

we are crying out for a bit of creativity, huddlestone is a poor mans carrick. any player should be capable of passing a ball 20 yards left or right, what we need is that special type player like a merson or a carbone

Wow, I completely agree. I was saying to some pals yesterday that this team is crying out for a Merson or David Platt type.

Im not a massive fan of huddlestone but in a weird way I can see him fitting in quite well here, maybe he needs a new club to help find his way again.

Not screaming for him but not against it either, if it is a loan deal then ffs make sure we have an option to buy or walk away, we arent tottinghams developing pool.

People were saying Lerner was at the game yesterday.

Hopefully he's staying for a few days to discuss things with Lambert and after seeing our shortcomings first hand maybe he'll loosen the pursestrings a bit?

I wouldn't mind either Huddlestone or Adam. I would like somebody capable of pushing the game on from midfield though.

Still wouldn't rectify our main problem, no width or pace. In fact it'd just bog us down with more of the same type of midfielders

If a player like Adam Johnson becomes available and we aren't able to compete with the likes of Sunderland for him then we might as well give up under this prick of an owner.

How do you know Lambert even wants Johnson though? We shouldn't just buy him if he becomes available even if the manager doesn't want him. We're not Chelsea.

You can't really judge Lerner until after the window really. He has done the right thing bringing our wage budget down and now we need to sensibly invest in younger, hungery players who will fight for this club.

Lerner has done a hell of a lot for us so far. I'm not going to write him off just yet. Lambert would not have joined under ridiculously strict financial parameters.