General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for sure, we need some f**kin players, quite a few. Our bench today was unbelievable weak. Our bench would look weak in the championship, let alone the Premier League. Back the manager Randy, otherwise I fear even the talented Lambert will fail to keep us in the league. Sorry about that lack of optimism, just saying it like I saw it today.

Little disappointed Carruthers didn't get a look in, he is the type of player than can make things happen..

Need to stop thinking youth players that are not ready are going to do a job.

Little disappointed Carruthers didn't get a look in, he is the type of player than can make things happen..

Realized he was injured anyway..

But what other choice do we have?? Rely on CNZ?

Tell me what Carruthers has done that makes you think he's going to turn our problems around? Yes, he might be decent at youth level, but he is no where near good enough for the first team. This is the mistake we have been making for the last few years. Trying to get by with not good enough youth players.

Our youth players must be among some of the most over rated players ever.

Lots of people rave about our youngsters especially on here. When they are played they always come up short

Tell me what Carruthers has done that makes you think he's going to turn our problems around? Yes, he might be decent at youth level, but he is no where near good enough for the first team. This is the mistake we have been making for the last few years. Trying to get by with not good enough youth players.

Writing youth players of before they have even had a chance, only on VT ;)

Our youth players must be among some of the most over rated players ever.

Lots of people rave about our youngsters especially on here. When they are played they always come up short

Agreed.

We've had 2 in gabby and Cahill who have been above average in how many years?

And now it's acceptable to not spend cash on rely on some of these kids and hope they make it.

Sadly I think thats true. Our youth players cannot be the backbone of this team. They just cant. We need to stop kidding (pun intended) ourselves. We might get one or two to become PL level regular players if we are lucky, the rest should be reserve and sub players.

It would be great to believe we can become a home grown player club, winning things on the cheap with our academy graduates, but it just is not going to happen with this batch. We have tried it, it didnt work. Now back to buying players Randy.

Writing youth players of before they have even had a chance, only on VT ;)

Shouldn't they go out on load first and see how they do? Thinking you can just put in him the squad with just a few first team games (5-6?) and think he will do better than what we already have is silly thinking.

We should really push to try to sign Johnson and maybe get Milner on loan. I dont know why Lichaj wasn't at LB today.

We'd get top 6 with those.

-----------------Bent

N'Zogbia ----------------- Johnson

-----------Milner - Ahmadi

Great attacking line up!

Nothing Knee Jerk in what i said at all.... I was saying way before this game even kicked off that i was worried about it... No creativity is something i have been saying for months & the squad is in my opinion weaker now than last season... We have lost

Petrov (Illness)

Collins (Sold)

Cuellar (free)

Heskey (free)

Hutton (Omitted)

Makoun (work permit etc)

Warnock (Omitted)

add to that we have injuries to

Gabby

Dunne

Albrighton

I make that 9 players down as it stands 10 if you include Warnock.

In we have brought

Vlaar

Lowton

Kea

Holman

Thats 4 in...

of the ones we are down 7 were mainstays of the team last season + Heskey who was in & out but still a regular

How is that squad not weaker?

Ok we have Gabby, Dunne & Albrighton to come back but even so that is still 6 out (7 if you include Warnock) with just 4 in! The biggest worry is that the ones we have lost were our most experienced players leaving us with a very inexperienced squad now.

I can see what PL is doing & really like the look of his signings to date but fact is we need bodies quickly.

We should really push to try to sign Johnson and maybe get Milner on loan. I dont know why Lichaj wasn't at LB today.

-----------------Bent

Great attacking line up!

That would look very nice, without N'Zogbia...

-----------------Bent

Great attacking line up!

That would look very nice, without N'Zogbia...

Think he should have a chance up to Jan, if no improvement, ship out.