General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can take pre-season results too seriously, personally I'd like a CB, LB, Striker and a winger - as would most - but I guess if Lambert believes he can work with what he has now then we should wait and see what today's result is.

If Warnock hasn't even got into the squad then at least we know both him and Hutton are 110% not in Lambert's plans, so maybe we will see at least a LB brought in before the window closes as it's not exactly Lambert's fault if Warnock can't be sold, and I'd assume Randy could spare another 3 or 4 million quid to bring somebody in that Lambert wants.

He will be backed and the window isn't over yet. But this is more than just a one window fix operation. No one would be able to turn around two and a half years in two and a half months. I think those of you who are upset must be thinking we should still be in the top six an aiming for top four. Well we aren't , it will take a while to get there but he will be backed to do it

Yes he'll be backed, but it looks like it's a couple of million here and there. That isn't good enough, and well you know it.

Again, is the window closed yet? If we ad no money or he wasn't going to get anymore then why spend 3m of what he does have on a young lower league right back, when there were other options to him?

You need to take a chill pill

"is the window closed yet"?

We hear that every season, and it usually ends in tears. What makes this year so different?

By the way, 3m on a lower league player tells me we can't afford a fullback from the PL. Every player we've bought so far has been relatively cheap. You get what you pay for in life, and football is no different. Hopefully one or two will come good but I won't put any money on it.

I'm still hoping he's just biding his time to sign a couple of belters to get the fans excited, but you and I know deep down its just delusion. Lerner has no ambition for Villa anymore.

Heard from my brother whos a spurs fan, that Kyle Naughton has signed a new 4 year deal.. Hopefully this is just levy trying to bump up the price.. Would Love Naughton here, was fantastic last season at norwich.

Read a story last night about it meaning it puts a stop to a possible permanent move to Villa - would also love Naughton here but another loan a la Walker would piss me off to be honest, probably wouldn't say no though

No I don't know that thanks.

On lowton why spend at all when he had right back options at the club already?

Not sure how every season it ends in tears when the biggest thing mon got criticised for was leaving transfer business to the end of the window. That seems to suggest we did business late.

As long as he has the tools available to get us playing attractive football and being anywhere apart from spending the entire season looking over our shoulder I will be happy.

At the moment I think without a LB and a Striker we will struggle. Pretty sure Lambert is aware of this too from the stuff coming out in interviews and what not.

Still 2 weeks or so left in the window and I can see a busy couple of weeks coming up.

No I don't know that thanks.

On lowton why spend at all when he had right back options at the club already?

Not sure how every season it ends in tears when the biggest thing mon got criticised for was leaving transfer business to the end of the window. That seems to suggest we did business late.

Yes we left things late but usually ended up disappointed. When was the last time you were excited with a signing, Darren Bent? Don't tell me the signings we've made so far under Lambert have brought the feel good factor to the club? We've signed the type of players I'd expect a promoted team to make not an established PL club like Villa. We were perilously close to relegation last season, and it wasn't all McLeish's fault you know. Lerner's cutbacks and penny pinching are the main culprits, and it doesn't look like its about to change.

The poster who said the budget was £8m + 50% of any sales is looking bang on the money

That had actually crossed my mind too CI but none of us know what our transfer budget is? We will know by the end of this window whether Lambert is working with both arms behind his back or we'll have Carroll (loan), Adam Johnson and Clint the Eastwood Dempsey in a Villa shirt with possibility Gabby going to Sunderland instead of Fletcher. Not looking much am I ?

I think it's time for a few to face reality. We are crippled with debt, the owner is unwilling to throw money at the project and we can look forward to "sustainable" investment going forward ie. Lowton Holman etc etc.

Today could be a real eye opener for some of the happy clappy optimists

Read a story last night about it meaning it puts a stop to a possible permanent move to Villa - would also love Naughton here but another loan a la Walker would piss me off to be honest, probably wouldn't say no though

I would take him on loan for sure, But WITH AN OPTION TO BUY!!!

He will be backed and the window isn't over yet. But this is more than just a one window fix operation. No one would be able to turn around two and a half years in two and a half months. I think those of you who are upset must be thinking we should still be in the top six an aiming for top four. Well we aren't , it will take a while to get there but he will be backed to do it

Is there no Inbetween? It seems that if you're not thrilled with what we've done so far then clearly you expect ridiculous spending and us being in the top 6.

I don't expect ridiculous money spent but at the same time I'm not thrilled at how low our net spend is yet again (I know there are 2 weeks left)

And I notice how the predictions of significant backing this window are now changing to over the next few years

Yes he'll be backed, but it looks like it's a couple of million here and there. That isn't good enough, and well you know it.

Again, is the window closed yet? If we ad no money or he wasn't going to get anymore then why spend 3m of what he does have on a young lower league right back, when there were other options to him?

You need to take a chill pill

He does, but he has a point.

It's not panic stations because yes the window isn't shut but the season is starting.

I think it's time for a few to face reality. We are crippled with debt, the owner is unwilling to throw money at the project and we can look forward to "sustainable" investment going forward ie. Lowton Holman etc etc.

Today could be a real eye opener for some of the happy clappy optimists

We'll have a much better understanding of how much we have to spend after the window shuts. So let's not jump to any conclusions just yet.

Problem is I can't see us going from signing cheap foreign players and lower league players like Lowton to really investing any cash or wages in proven PL players like Johnson for example. Without adding more PL proven quality this will leave us short this season.