• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------Given-------------

Lichaj Vlaar Baker Warnock

Ireland KEA Clark Holmann

-------Bent N'Zogbia--------

Damn. Given and Bent are basically the only ones we can actually rely on there. Which is unfortunate as its pretty much the team I'd play (swap Clark for Herd/Gardner maybe)

My feeling with transfers is that it is likely we will go down to deadline day in terms of acquiring players. We did it under MON and we did it last year under McLeish as well. I think its just the nature of the business in a way.

Also, take this with a very and I mean very small pinch of salt (because I am no billy big bollocks ITK with club contacts and that), but I've heard from someone with connections to Dempsey's brother that there is no aggrement between Fulham and Liverpool for Dempsey as of yet. One of the clubs I hear sniffing around is us and apparently it is clear that Dempsey will not play for Fulham again and has no desire to. Therefore, his transfer will probably be completed nearer deadline day, because teams feel they can better force Fulham's hand at that point and not pay over the odds for Dempsey. While I don't think feel extremely confident we will make this signing, I think it is one that would make sense for us and would maybe explain why we have been so quiet in regards to a new striker.

I think we will be going with what we have got unfortunately. I just don't believe we have the money available to go out and sign the players that people are hoping for, or buying for the amount of positions they are hoping we sort out.

We're done for this summer. It's been fairly good though.

Seriously, you think?

I don't want to dampen the feel good factor of Lambert joining, but you have to admit IF we don't add any more faces this window, then it will have been a pretty shit set of transfers considering what we had hoped for/expected/need!

I'm not taking away from who we've brought in (I actually think that they are all good aquistions) but it's not enough - neither from a quantity nor quality point of view.

Couldn't agree more. How people could be happy if this is it is beyond me.

We are in desperate need of a LB and some attacking players.

Yep, for me too.

Im not overly convinced that the players weve got rid of/are getting rid of (aslong as their heads in the right place/under good management) are any worse than what we have brought in.

I've heard from someone with connections to Dempsey's brother that there is no aggrement between Fulham and Liverpool for Dempsey as of yet. One of the clubs I hear sniffing around is us and apparently it is clear that Dempsey will not play for Fulham again and has no desire to.

We won't sign Dempsey, sorry but we just won't. There will be far bigger clubs interested in him.

I've heard from someone with connections to Dempsey's brother that there is no aggrement between Fulham and Liverpool for Dempsey as of yet. One of the clubs I hear sniffing around is us and apparently it is clear that Dempsey will not play for Fulham again and has no desire to.

We won't sign Dempsey, sorry but we just won't. There will be far bigger clubs interested in him.

What staff are going ?

We do have a silly amount though , nearly 600 ?

yes there are 600 but remember vast majority are only there match days, kiosks, bars, stewards, security, hospitality, waitresses etc. I believe it is about 12 full time staff going. Not sure who yet

If this is it regarding transfer business, then I am going to be very underwhelmed to say the least.

I don't know why, but I'm just clinging on to the fact that PL is an ambitious guy, and surely wouldn't have taken the Villa job unless he had the tools in place to succeed? Also I was excited by Richard's posts where it had been implied to him that a decent transfer kitty was available.

I understand that we have to be sensible when it comes to the wage bill, but with the squad as it stands, we are a couple of injuries away from a 3rd struggling season in a row.

What staff are going ?

We do have a silly amount though , nearly 600 ?

yes there are 600 but remember vast majority are only there match days, kiosks, bars, stewards, security, hospitality, waitresses etc. I believe it is about 12 full time staff going. Not sure who yet

You sure ? I'm sure i read we had almost 600 FT staff

I refuse to belive this is it, that this is the team Lambert is going to sport this season. It'll be a disaster

We desperatly need new and better players if we're not gonna end up in the relegation scap yet again.

Problem is we don't just need new players for the squad, we need new players that will walk straight into the starting 11 and that cost money.

The back 4 is just as week as last season, the midfield is filled with decent players but lack quality and bite and if Bent get's injured we won't score...

We all hope Lambert is the Messiah , but if we don't sign at least a very good defensive mid and a quality left back he won't be able to walk on water and we'll all sink.

It took Lambert 3 years to build us up, be patient guys eh?

No offence, but this is Villa not Norwich. We ain't starting from scratch here.

While I would have agreed with you before and I partly do still, because like I said I just do not see it myself, if Liverpool do pull out for him and look elsewhere, then that leaves the door open for someone like us or say an Everton, etc. Perosnally, I do not think he will move outside of England and after Liverpool, I do not imagine many of the bigger sides will be chasing him.