General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Matt Jarvis anyone?
I'll say yes despite; or perhaps because of; the season he just had. Reason being, he had that poor season so his stock is currently low. So we'd get him at a proportionately good rate and also he'd jump back to the PL for perhaps a lower wage than if he was moving from another PL side. We'd get more out of him than they did and he has got ability.

All this talk about Financial Fair Play does it not apply to West Ham or something
The FFP only matters if you end up qualifying for European competition. The Shammers are far more concerned with staying in the PL, so no, the FFP is of no consequence to them at the moment unless they were to fluke some silverware via one of the cup competitions.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see today that Swansea is linked with Hannover forward Mohammed Abdellaoi, which I think we should give them competition for. They've aparantly made a 2 million bid, which is a proper bargain. He's one of the most effective forwards in the world with very limited supply, and should fit right up PL's alley playing in germany and all.

Matt Jarvis anyone?
I'll say yes despite; or perhaps because of; the season he just had. Reason being, he had that poor season so his stock is currently low. So we'd get him at a proportionately good rate and also he'd jump back to the PL for perhaps a lower wage than if he was moving from another PL side. We'd get more out of him than they did and he has got ability.

Stock isn't that low if theyre rejecting £9mil bids BOF! Madness. Lukaku off to WBA?

Stock isn't that low if theyre rejecting £9mil bids BOF!

Hmm, yeah, they do seem to have adopted Daniel Levy's approach to transfers. Can't say I necessarily blame them. They've 2 crown jewels and that's Jarvis & Fletcher. I would not spend £9m on Jarvis. If you could get him for £6m then yeah I'd take a punt. Otherwise why not just go to the continent and bring in any one from hundreds of wingers for half that.

He is their best player and has three years left on his contract. I don't think they are too desperate money wise so they'll only sell him if they get offered stupid amounts. (Which schmucks like West Spam or Sunderland might end up doing).

Again seen us in the paper linked with kyle naughton. Except this time it said Villa are very close to completing the signing of tottenham right back kyle naughton on a seasons long loan O_o

Another walker situation which would NOT help us in the long term :(

Not really, don't think it'll happen but honestly don't think he figures in AVB's plans.

Why are fans against loaning players unless we can sign them? If there is not much money to spend wouldn't it make sense to add quality players are loan and then after a good season for the team hopefully there is more money to spend to replace the loaned player.

I bet Bolton fans arent complaining that they loaned Sturridge 2 seasons back but couldn't buy him. Had we not loaned Robbie Keane last season we would probably be in the championship now.

Well the alternative way of looking at it with Bolton is that if they had not loaned Sturridge to develop him for Chelsea and they had invested in a player of their own they woukdn't have been a striker short the next season when Chelsea refused to renew the deal.

Then Bolton got relegated.

If Bolton hadnt loaned Sturridge they may have got relegated that season instead. It was the manager's job to replace him and he balls it up.

Yes i can maybe understand fletchers price tag as they did pay 7 - 8 mill for him plus owe burnley a % of future sale and want to make a profit

But turning down 9 mill for jarvis is ludicrous

Could well come back to bite them on the bottom. Could end up being stuck with 2 players who don't want to play Championship football.

Why are fans against loaning players unless we can sign them? If there is not much money to spend wouldn't it make sense to add quality players are loan and then after a good season for the team hopefully there is more money to spend to replace the loaned player.

I bet Bolton fans arent complaining that they loaned Sturridge 2 seasons back but couldn't buy him. Had we not loaned Robbie Keane last season we would probably be in the championship now.

Well the alternative way of looking at it with Bolton is that if they had not loaned Sturridge to develop him for Chelsea and they had invested in a player of their own they woukdn't have been a striker short the next season when Chelsea refused to renew the deal.

Then Bolton got relegated.

If Bolton hadnt loaned Sturridge they may have got relegated that season instead. It was the manager's job to replace him and he balls it up.

No the problem was they replaced Sturridge with N'Gog.

It was the manager's job to replace him and he balls it up.

How does the 2nd comment disagree with the first? They're 2 ways of saying the same thing.

It was the manager's job to replace him and he balls it up.

How does the 2nd comment disagree with the first? They're 2 ways of saying the same thing.

Indeed.

Say we take Andy Carroll for a years loan. 12 months on and with 12 months scouting behind him PL brings in his long term solution.

Problem? The "developing players" schtick is complete twaddle. Im glad we had Kyle Walker for a few months, he helped us and does anybody honestly believe he wouldn't be the player he is without us? Without Gary Mac? Come on. Besides, if it wasn't us it would have been another mid table side benefiting.

Loans can be good for all concerned. Yes we've been burned in the past, that is NOT the rule.

I do belive that some fans still is under the impression that we are too big a club to loan players from other clubs, that this is "smalltime" and something Bolton or Fulham does, but not a club like Villa.

I think times have changed and that they are wrong