General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Milner did walk out on us for ££££££

Mind you, who can blame him we'd all do it

Actually, I don't think many of us at VT would. We're fans. I know for a fact that if I was playing for Villa and earning 40k a week I wouldn't leave even Man City waved 100k in front of my face.

Of course, most football players aren't fans of the club they play for so you can't expect that from them.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I don't think many of us at VT would. We're fans. I know for a fact that if I was playing for Villa and earning 40k a week I wouldn't leave even Man City waved 100k in front of my face.

Of course, most football players aren't fans of the club they play for so you can't expect that from them.

If I was at Villa on £40k a week and Man City or Barcelona came knocking offering £100k+ I'd be out of there before my agent could say "deal". I may be a Villa fan but I don't have the will power to turn that down I know that already. :)

If you're serious then clearly it's easy to say such things when you know it's never gonna happen.

There is no person in the world that would turn down 60K pay rise and the chance to win things at the highest level. Unless they completely lacked ambition of course.

Even if us as fans were working for an employer we loved on 40k a year say, if you were headhunted for 100k a year can anyone honestly say they wouldn't go? Honestly ?

If you're serious then clearly it's easy to say such things when you know it's never gonna happen.

There is no person in the world that would turn down 60K pay rise and the chance to win things at the highest level. Unless they completely lacked ambition of course.

Personally I'd take being a hero at the club I love than go on to a bigger club I have no connection with. You'd still be stinking rich anyway and it's not like we're not a big club.

If I was playing for Villa and the likes of Man City came calling you would have to presume I was pretty good. I would stay at Villa and that alone would attract other big names to the club and we would eventually win the league.

And yes I have lay awake at night thinking about this. :winkold:

If I was playing for Villa and the likes of Man City came calling you would have to presume I was pretty good. I would stay at Villa and that alone would attract other big names to the club and we would eventually win the league.

What if you knew deep down you wernt as good as the season suggested you were and if you didn't leave you would never get the same chance again as clubs would soon realise how over rated you have become.

What if you knew deep down you wernt as good as the season suggested you were and if you didn't leave you would never get the same chance again as clubs would soon realise how over rated you have become.

Typical VT poster :lol:

Typical VT poster :lol:

Years of supporting Villa have that effect on you :)

But yes I have also lay awake at night with the same thoughts on many occasions!

Are you suggesting Milner isn't good enough for the top level, because I couldn't disagree more. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at United bossing their central mid in the near future. If I was Fergie I'd be on him like a fly on shit.

Lukaku's Agent: "I can assure you that Lukaku is not going to Fulham on loan. I'm currently finalising a deal with another PL club." #CFC

Could it be us? What would you guys/girls think? I'm going to call it and say its us!!

bit young at 19 maybe.. havent really seen him play though!

whats he like? anyone?

I can vaguely remember an interview on Sky Sports News with Lambert,when he was with his previous club, where he mentioned Lukaku and how much he liked him.

Can anyone find that on the world wide web of archives? (I can't)

I remember it because all the others asked were saying they didn't know much about Lukaku and then up popped Lambert singing his praises, so it stuck out.

I like Lukaku anyway, from what I've seen, seems like a strong target man but, crucially, with a brain and eye for goal.

For Anderlecht in all competitions he played 98 times, Scored 41 goals with 7 assists.

You have to be a professional in making up bullshit.

I see. I should've known that, I'm sure Andy Carroll was talking about it when we were 'round Milner's' house watching the Olympics actually, I wasn't really listening though, I was too busy playing table tennis with Defoe and Adam Johnson and couldn't really hear over Makoun reciting Shakespeare.

Is anyone else concerned on the lack of movement? I would have thought we would have at least been linked with some new names this week, or ones we didn't know we were after. If we go into this season with the current squad a couple of injuries will kill us