General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Man City brought both Kompany and de Jong before the Man city takeover and neither broke the bank. My point is there are very good players out there we can realistically buy and both of these players once fell in that category.

Christ, Football Manager did all the scouting for Man City on those two (hell Hamburg went through a stage of acquiring many talented football manager players) , it's daft really, the praise that the likes of Man City and Newcastle get for 'unearthing' some players, when anyone with an ounce of interest of football outside the UK would have been well aware of them. They do however deserve praise for taking a chance on these players. Could have turned out very differently.

I like Vossen but wonder if his fellow striker Christian Banteke might be a better match for the premier league. I'm sure both are being watched by teams in the prem though.

think we should be looking at a left back - not as back up but a first team starter.

Agreed. We also need another winger and a striker, and a DM if we can't keep Makoun.

Delfouneso is not good enough to lead the line should Bent get injured and so we need another striker to replace him.

Let's hope the rumoured busy week next week comes true. Would be nice to have the squad sorted before the West Ham game.

Interesting..

VVV Venlo chairman Hai Berden has admitted that Maya Yoshida was on Aston Villa's radar before Ron Vlaar's move was finalised, and believes the defender is ready to join a bigger club.

Yoshida, who is currently captaining Japan's Olympic squad, has earned rave reviews for his performances in the Eredivisie over the past couple of years.

Berden says it looked like he could have been on his way to Villa when Vlaar's switch to the Midlands from Feyenoord briefly appeared to have collapsed.

The VVV official is in no doubt that Yoshida has the potential to play at the very highest level, with reports suggesting that he is a target for other clubs in England as well as Germany.

"Maya already attracted the interest of Aston Villa, but finally the transfer of Ron Vlaar went through," Berden told De Telegraaf.

"For VVV and Maya this is the perfect moment for him to make the step to a bigger club."

http://tinyurl.com/cuqrxqo

Aston Villa have been put on red-alert after Schalke told Anthony Annan to look for a new club.

The 26-year-old has not featured in any pre-season games for the Bundesliga club and a summer switch looks inevitable.

Annan was loaned to Vitesse Arnhem last season and the Dutch club are also keen to secure his services again.

However, the Ghana international admits there has been some interest in him and is optimistic about his future.

"I have not been called up for any pre-season games - it's embarrassing," he told Skysports.com.

"There has been some contact from clubs but I have two years on my contract with the German club, so we will have to see what happens."

Paul Lambert is apparently a fan of the combative midfielder who would bring his energy and industry to the Villa midfield.

http://tinyurl.com/bmm54ju

I'd say were in definate need of another CM can't rely on karim for all season he needs some help in the engine room if this ghanaian can provide some energy and presence im all for it

Im guessing he would have to go to the african cup of nations though

I wanted Annan a few years ago when I saw him a lot for Rosenborg in the Norwegian Tippeliga. Very aggressive and a poor man's Essien so to speak, with a hopeless shot in him mind.

But, if he cannot cut it in Germany why would he do it in England?

I wanted Annan a few years ago when I saw him a lot for Rosenborg in the Norwegian Tippeliga. Very aggressive and a poor man's Essien so to speak, with a hopeless shot in him mind.

But, if he cannot cut it in Germany why would he do it in England?

It's probable that the new scouts know him from the Dutch league...if they think he's good enough, and he comes at the right price, I say sign him up. Depth in numbers has been an issue for too long. Even if he rides the bench, at least we'll have an insurance policy for when the inevitable injuries spring up.