General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two strikers, a winger, a left back and a central defender would be what I'd like to see but that's five more players, I wonder if Lambert will bring that many in?

A right back, left back and a central defender leaving may open up enough space but then keeps the problem of not having enough players in the squad.

Still think we lack creativity & a decent goalscorer aside from Bent, who it seems is being rather dogged by injuries of late. I just worry where our goals are going to come from if (or more likely "when") Bent gets injured. In midfield i still worry about our creativity. Ok we have SI & to a point Bannan but for me we still lack creativity. Our wingers are unpredictable too it has to be said.

On the positive side i love the look of KEA & Lowton, am happy with Vlaar (though have yet to see him play of course) & delighted that Guzan resigned as for me we always seem more secure at the back with him in there. To be fair to AMC the Aussie looks decent too.

So

New striker

New Midfieilder,

New winger

New CB dependent on Dunne's form

Oh & LB region is not sorted yet either of course.

I don't want Sturridge if i'm honest.. watched him for team GB the other night & OMG he was dire... I know he scored but really he couldn't miss & that was the only decent thing he did all game aside from hog possession never pass & mess up several promising position due to his selfish play.

If you believe ITK then apparently Lambert wants a striker, winger, and a defender. Warnock will stay sadly. Hopefully Sturridge, Johnson, Douglas are the 3 he wants and will get.
I really really can't stomach another season watching Warnock slip and slide about like an amateur. Don't mind too much if we can't sell him but I really hope he doesn't play too much.

If you believe ITK then apparently Lambert wants a striker, winger, and a defender. Warnock will stay sadly. Hopefully Sturridge, Johnson, Douglas are the 3 he wants and will get.

Those are three decent players.

I really really can't stomach another season watching Warnock slip and slide about like an amateur. Don't mind too much if we can't sell him but I really hope he doesn't play too much.

Really hoping Lambert can get him to play like he did a few years back. He was a decent fullback then, but after what we have seen the last couple of seasons, I think Warnock is done.

As for Sturridge, I think he is a good player when he wants to be. Reminds me of N'Zogbia. Needs some serious motivation or he won't show up.

I like Adam Johnson but I would rather we continue looking for value for money abroad than blowing most the kitty on one player. As for Sturridge. Gotta be one of the most selfish players I've ever seen.

Really hoping Lambert can get him to play like he did a few years back. He was a decent fullback then, but after what we have seen the last couple of seasons, I think Warnock is done.

As for Sturridge, I think he is a good player when he wants to be. Reminds me of N'Zogbia. Needs some serious motivation or he won't show up.

Doubt it. Even under MON he wasn't always that great. Very error prone. Not what we need when we're trying to shore up the defence.

I think Lambert played Warnock at DM in one of the American matches and I kind of liked him there last year.

Maybe PL sees him in that role for this team. Maybe use him in matches when we need a bit more bite in midfield.