General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

There's something about Sturridge I dislike, think it's mostly the way he plays football, kinda plays with his head down. Not sure why but I get the impression he has a bit of an attitude too. Though, he does have raw talent.

Like the look of the lad from Citeh, though not seen much but hope we make a move for him at least, that's if he's looking to leave.

I don't like him because he demanded £50k a week when he was 18 and made less than 50 app for City.

Attitude problem, and precisely the type of player Lambert as said he's avoiding.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiment towards Sturridge

Charlie big time who would not fit into the new lambert era culture

Best avoided, I'd like to get a LB in next and get Warnock out

I don't like him because he demanded £50k a week when he was 18 and made less than 50 app for City.

Well that is true but it isn't quite the full story.

He was out of contract at Man City and on a fairly poor contract at a club that was throwing money around under their first wealthy owner. They were also signing lots of players in his position and as you say he wasn't getting much game time.

Then along come Chelsea, desperate to sign him not as a promising youth player but as a first team squad player and offer him a very decent salary as well.

So in his position what would you do? Stay at Man City, a club that at the time was a mid table club that hadn't won anything in 30 odd years, who were signing players in front of you and were offering you an average contract.

Or would you move to a club that want you for the first team squad, who are challenging to win things every year and winning things most seasons. Who finish in the top 4 every season and play in the CL oh and they are going to give you a great contract for doing so.

I know which I would pick and its the one most people would pick and that isn't staying at Man City.

Attitude problem, and precisely the type of player Lambert as said he's avoiding.

I don't see him as having an attitude problem personally he just made a career choice, one I think most people would have made in his position.

I'm not sure I'm saying that as such, I just don't agree that he has a bad attitude although I do think he is a bit greedy on the ball at times.

I think he is a decent player though and we could do a lot worse but I'm not sure he would be my number 1 target either.

i'd love to have sturridge or guidetti at the villa. A player to get fans excited and on their feet. However Guidetti does also have that bit of mystery and maybe more 'potential' than Sturridge, however that is also a risk

I'm not sure he would be my number 1 target either.

Me neither although he may be brilliant alongside bent ??

I think you need that sort of player rather than a Carroll to get the best out of DB9

I think you need that sort of player rather than a Carroll to get the best out of DB9

To get the best of Bent we need a young Sherringham or Beardsley but no idea where we will find one of those.

I always thought Shane Long would work well with Bent

Another player we missed out on IMHO

To get the best of Bent we need a young Sherringham or Beardsley but no idea where we will find one of those.

I always thought Shane Long would work well with Bent

Another player we missed out on IMHO

I can't say I really rate Long as being anything other than top 5 Championship level striker.