General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of the young ones deserve a new start and a chance to have a go under the new manager. Too many people only remember last season and how poor players like Bannan, Albrighton and even Delph looked, but did anyone look any good under McLeish? Gabby started the season on fire, but soon lost all confidence under the ginger one, as did everyone else.

I think it's time to give them all a new start under a manager that will give them confidence and then see who will and won't make it.

I would keep all the young guns and get rid of the old shite like Collins, Warnock and Hutton that we know will be just as brutal whoever the manager is!

I really wouldn't want us to sign anyone over 28 to be honest. We need a more youthful attacking side that would not cripple our wage bill again. No point clearing it down only to lump shit loads back on again with players looking for one last paycheck.

I would like to see...

OUT

Collins

Warnock

Hutton

Makoun

Delfouneso

IN

J. Bennett

Williams

Mulumbu

M. Phillips

Carroll

All the young uns deserve a chance. Delfouneso's goals to games ratio is actually pretty decent. And the likes of Bannan, Herd and Delph have all shown more glimpses of their talent at prem level than Gardner has thus far

Yet he's held up as some sort of poster boy when in fact his premier showings so far have all been very average/poor

People need time, and the right system to suit their talents. ALL should be stuck with IMHO

RE - Defoe, I'd rather have him than Carroll if the price wasn't too bad. He's probably got 2/3 good years left in him and he'd be our most lethal finisher

What more lethal than Bent? Doubt that.

Most lethal finisher PMSL

Definitely got a better shot, better from outside the box and probably about the same at one on ones. Bent has the edge at headers

RE - Defoe, I'd rather have him than Carroll if the price wasn't too bad. He's probably got 2/3 good years left in him and he'd be our most lethal finisher

What more lethal than Bent? Doubt that.

Most lethal finisher PMSL

Definitely got a better shot, better from outside the box and probably about the same at one on ones. Bent has the edge at headers

Defoe is the reigning Lichfield Hide and Seek Champion though...

Don't understand the clamour to get rid of some of the younger unproven players. Bannan, Delphounso, Delph, Albrighton etc aren't on big contracts and we wouldn't get very much money for them. It's not as though we have a squad of Man City proportions so they're not really taking up squad spaces. I'm sure if we sold Albrighton it would come back to haunt us.

I really wouldn't want us to sign anyone over 28 to be honest. We need a more youthful attacking side that would not cripple our wage bill again. No point clearing it down only to lump shit loads back on again with players looking for one last paycheck.

I would like to see...

OUT

Collins

Warnock

Hutton

Makoun

Delfouneso

IN

J. Bennett

Williams

Mulumbu

M. Phillips

Carroll

If that is possible I would be very happy - I somehow doubt the figures would add up there

I think if we signed Defoe we'd get the same instant reaction as we did with Keane where you think 'why the hell didn't we sign him 5 years ago?'. He'd bang them in wherever he went, and is one of those players who seem to get knocked for what they can't do rather than looking at what they can do.