General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I’ve said it before but……Steven Pienaar for £5million must be worth a bid.

And he’d certainly keep all the Villa fans on Twitter happy, he’s a fanatic!!

Yeah would be happy with that, except the only problem would be, hasn't he gone to Everton?

I know I’ve said it before but……Steven Pienaar for £5million must be worth a bid.

Yeah would be happy with that, except the only problem would be, hasn't he gone to Everton?

No, it’s turning into an on again /off again saga. Apparently Spurs want the £5million up front but Toffees want to pay it in instalments.

We should get into the mix with a £5million bid.

No, it’s turning into an on again /off again saga. Apparently Spurs want the £5million up front but Toffees want to pay it in instalments.

We should get into the mix with a £5million bid.

cool, yeah agree.. Think Pienaar would be a great player for us IMO.

The problem with Pienaar (other than the drink driving, the patchy form and the seemingly inability to play anywhere other than Goodison) is that he isn't much of a winger. He seems to do most of his best work in the middle of the pitch off a striker and I don't really see that as being what we need or what Lambert is likely looking for.

i think Carroll or Pienaar would be good signings but not ones we need right now.

I hope Lambert is looking at midlfield and defence first, and using the pre-season games to assess other weaknesses with attacking areas.

it was always apparent we were seriously weak in defence and central midfield i guess.

That idiot on twitter who posted about us wanting Bafetimbi Gomis probably got it from Match Of The Day magazine. My little brother gets it and I was reading it the other day. It doesn't say we are after him, it says we should go after him. It's in a suggestions section of the magazine where Match Of The Day give their opinion on which players teams should sign.

That idiot on twitter who posted about us wanting Bafetimbi Gomis probably got it from Match Of The Day magazine. My little brother gets it and I was reading it the other day. It doesn't say we are after him, it says we should go after him. It's in a suggestions section of the magazine where Match Of The Day give their opinion on which players teams should sign.

I loled when I read this.